Thai-English actress 'Anna Reese' kills cop in car crash

webfact

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know the routine.

An honest accident but a donation to,the family of the cop and no chance of a conviction.

One law for the rich...another for the poor.

This Is Thailand.

The guy with the red belly pouch helping her is probably carrying a couple gold bars to 'help out' with thew situation.

She hit the car.

A person is dead.

She is traumatised.

She did not give any statement.

No testing for drink driving as well.

She can leave the scene openly.

The next day she went to station to give statement.

She was tested for alcohol consumption (Great! How many hours has passed?)

She said she willing to compensate the deceased family.

A witness saw she and a big bike racing at high speed.

She told people that she hope this will be a lesson for others to prevent such accident occur.

I believe She is an angel.

It is a honest mistake.

We all know the routine.

An honest accident but a donation to,the family of the cop and no chance of a conviction.

One law for the rich...another for the poor.

This Is Thailand.

It's the same law for the rich and the poor, the poor also have the right to compensate the victims to encourage more lenient sentencing, they're just not compassionate enough.

what a croc of shit, if you are poor and you kill a copper you are going to court, not like the red bull heir who killed the cop and never ever made it to a court, or ever even charged, explain that one to me

The story in the Thai Rath, a popular Thai newspaper,states she did not see the policeman who was on a motorcycle and not in a car.

Given the high degree of tint in Thai cars and the possibility she was also wearing designer sunglasses while listening to music and perhaps having had a drink or two,suggests the outcome.

This is a plausible.synopsis.

If the policeman was on a motorbike that would explain his fatal injuries.

Echo's of the Red Bull accident?

The story in the Thai Rath, a popular Thai newspaper,states she did not see the policeman who was on a motorcycle and not in a car.

Given the high degree of tint in Thai cars and the possibility she was also wearing designer sunglasses while listening to music and perhaps having had a drink or two,suggests the outcome.

This is a plausible.synopsis.

If the policeman was on a motorbike that would explain his fatal injuries.

Echo's of the Red Bull accident?

Id suggest you start at page one

This is already too predictable. Walks away from an accident which killed someone, "sorry, too traumatised to talk with the cops", strolls down to the police station over 10 hours later to answer questions (feel better now love?), tested for drugs and alcohol "it'll take a week for the results for alcohol" (seriously? What about drunk drivers getting blood tests with instant results?) , a motorbike cut me off, i want to help the family, I'm off to the temple.

The media will be all over her at his funeral, big sunglasses, lots of waiing, big envelope to the family and thats about all you will hear of it.

And a shiny new Mercedes, win win

Just saw on the news that she has finally been alcohol tested and it turns out she is not over the alcahol limit at this time. So thats all good then, just an accident, lets all move on shall we?

There is no such thing as "just an accident"

You and your Dad need to have a heart to heart talk.

If you want to play silly games "at least I had a Dad" sadly he died 6 weeks ago if you REALLY want to know

Speeding car kills sleeping policeman
Khanathit Srihirandej,
Supachai Phettewee
The Nation

30263213-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- 28 year-old model faces charges over causing death through reckless driving and escaping arrest

THAI-ENGLISH actress and model Anna Hamblaouris, 28, faces two charges after her Mercedes Benz slammed into a police car and killed a police officer early yesterday.

Pol Sub Lieutenant Napadol Wongbunndit, 44, died while asleep inside his police car parked on a Bangkok road.

A Suphan Buri-based, Napadol had contacted his wife earlier to say he had lost his way and was going to take a nap in the car before heading home. He was in the capital to run some errands.

The accident occurred at about 3am on the inbound motorway in Bangkok's Prawet district. The actress, who is better known as Anna Reese, sustained minor injuries and now faces charges of reckless driving causing death and escaping arrest.

The police who did not immediately arrest Anna at the scene - allowing her to leave with relatives - will face investigation, Prawet Police Station superintendent Pol Colonel Metha Jeamkraisri said.

Witnesses said the actress was crying uncontrollably, clinging to Napadol's body and yelling: "I am not fleeing. I will take responsibility."

Pol Major Somchai Saraket of Prawet Police, who rushed to the scene, said Anna had looked so shocked she could not give testimony at that time and her relatives had showed up and asked permission for her to testify later.

Later in the day, Anna cooperated with police to undergo tests to determine if she was on drugs or alcohol. Tests showed no signs of drug abuse, but it will take about a week to determine if she had consumed alcohol.

After calming down, she explained to police that she had gone out in the wee hours because she was hungry. "I think my car might have been going at a speed of over 100km per hour when a motorcycle cut in front. I tried to avoid the motorcycle, but ended up running into another car instead," she said.

Tassapong Phonpho, a security guard working at a showroom near the scene of the crash, provided matching information.

He said he saw a Benz and a big bike moving on the road at high speed before he heard the bike slow down and then a big bang. He added that he rushed out after hearing the big crash and only found two cars on the road. There was no sign of the bike.

Anna said she was very sad about the incident and was ready to compensate the victim's family. She also said she was planning to go on a religious retreat and make merit for the victim. She has been granted temporary release.

The late police officer's widow, Chantana Wongbundit, 42, said she could not cope with her husband's sudden death. "I'd only just spoken to him," she said, describing her husband as a very good man, who was well loved by his colleagues and supervisor.

Napadol is survived by his wife and two daughters aged eight and 11.

"I would like to urge motorists to drive carefully, or else you might deprive other people of their beloved ones," Chantana said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Speeding-car-kills-sleeping-policeman-30263213.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-27

Popping out for food on a motorway, funny I thought you could get food easily here, I like the "might have been going over 100kph"

Never mind off to the temple all will be ok, wonder how much the Police will "give" to the widow? I cant even begin to comment on the "week alcohol test" maybe "weak" alcohol test would be better.

Speed kills. And she must have been motoring. Hope they spend that poor copper's life for something.

Speed doesn't kill , lack of attention signals and awareness kills.

Looks like she has now made it to the police station.

pic from Sanook.com

People who are drunk don't usually have such good posture. People can be inattentive for reasons other than intoxication. She looks distraught, not drunk. She was steady on her feet in the video, also. This is a tragedy for all concerned.

Speed kills. And she must have been motoring. Hope they spend that poor copper's life for something.

It does. "Lack of attention signals and awareness" without 100+kph and he lives.

You are using the same excuse as the Thais do. Just that awareness cannot be measured. Its just stupid.

It does. "Lack of attention signals and awareness" without 100+kph and he lives.

You are using the same excuse as the Thais do. Just that awareness cannot be measured. Its just stupid.

you trip over on the floor and bang your head at a slow speed and it can still kill you, ask the Germans why they aren't all dying in droves on their autobahns (unrestricted) its because they pay attention to their surroundings, The U.S death rate is twice as high with their heavily speed restricted roads

Edited by kannot

How was his car parked? Sitting half way out into the lane of a fast moving highway with no flashing lights on at night like we see all the time here?

From the photos in post #32, it looks like a possibility the policeman was nose in (to the curb)/tail out (to the street) as the damage was to his right rear and the damage on her car was left front. If he was parked like that with no parking lights or emergency flashers on, it is possible that anyone could have hit him. If he was parked close to the curb when hit, it seems that his car would have been pushed onto the sidewalk from being hit at that angle. It does look like she was going fast, though. Does anyone know the typical speeds on that street at that time of night? I'll let the police investigators decide whether to charge her for reckless driving, negligent homicide, or DUI as there is not enough information in either the OP or the videos for me to know. Since this is Thailand, under the laws of Karma this incident was bound to happen.

Edited by rametindallas

you trip over on the floor and bang your head at a slow speed and it can still kill you, ask the Germans why they aren't all dying in droves on their autobahns (unrestricted) its because they pay attention to their surroundings

On roads built for 200+kph traffic, organised lanes for those 'aware' kinds of speed and drivers in machines capable of executing controlled speed.

Yet what moron would try that here.

A fool, (and there are plenty of those here), her and you seemingly.

Great analogy

When the arguments fail turn to insults..........if it helps you.

you trip over on the floor and bang your head at a slow speed and it can still kill you, ask the Germans why they aren't all dying in droves on their autobahns (unrestricted) its because they pay attention to their surroundings

On roads built for 200+kph traffic, organised lanes for those 'aware' kinds of speed and drivers in machines capable of executing controlled speed

Great analogy

Edited by kannot

The Plot Thickens Then. A Local Policeman 44 years old that gets lost running errands in the wee small hours ,and going to sleep on a main road.. Perhaps if he was capable of going home he would still be here, just a thought.......coffee1.gif .

On roads built for 200+kph traffic, organised lanes for those 'aware' kinds of speed and drivers in machines capable of executing controlled speed

Great analogy

Mai kow jai..

Cogency is what arguments are about. I have not insulted you but have asked how slowing vehicular speed down is not part of the equation.

As of yet the only thing you have contributed to this sorry Thai equation are German autobahns.

Great analogy

Mai kow jai..

Cogency is what arguments are about. I have not insulted you but have asked how slowing vehicular speed down is not part of the equation.

As of yet the only thing you have contributed to this sorry Thai equation are German autobahns.

as is comprehension, you called me a fool.

If speed kills why aren't we all dead? we are all travelling at many thousands of miles per hour, your comment "speed kills" is "general" speed does not in itself kill, lack of awareness does, you stated SPEED KILLS as the be all and end all in YOUR FIRST comment, this was then altered to "lack of awareness +100kph" so you shifted the goal posts

Great analogy

Mai kow jai..

as is comprehension, you called me a fool.

If speed kills why aren't we all dead? we are all travelling at many thousands of miles per hour, your comment "speed kills" is "general" speed does not in itself kill, lack of awareness does, you stated SPEED KILLS as the be all and end all in YOUR FIRST comment, this was then altered to "lack of awareness +100kph" so you shifted the goal posts

Kannot get enough kannots on Thai visa. Almost as though the site breeds them.

"A fool" ,here, is part of a tripartite expression and was not directed at anyone. Indeed the article 'a' should make that comprehensibly obvious, ....... For most unless you cccannnot!

Speedingwas the point i initially made, and i take it we have all at some point have sped. That does not equate your "why aren't we all dead/" as you now wish to discuss theoretical astro-physics. The irony about that and forums is that i can discus that stuff in detail!! And without SHOUTING.

But it seems silly and we have gone beyond Anna's egregious error.

Go faster kannnnnooootttt

Edited by optad

Two people made mistakes (possibly three including the motorcyclist), like we all do. Just one of those people is now dead.

We are discussing it here because the other one of those people was a celebrity.

If that is not the case why are the other sixteen or so deaths that happen every day on Thai roads not being talked about with so much interest?

(Edit: Of course there will be peaks and troughs as there are huge peaks around Songkran for instance, but that's the average)

You think I exaggerate?

"A study this year (2014) showed that Thailand ranked number two of road fatalities in the world, with 44 road deaths per 100,000 people. Fatalities from road accidents made up 5.1 percent of Thailand’s overall deaths. According to the Royal Thai Police, there were 6,185 deaths as a result of road traffic incidents between October 2013 and September 2014 (4,610 males and 1,575 females). In comparing statistics it should be noted that there is a difference in the method of calculating statistics for road deaths in Thailand (at the scene of the accident) and the WHO (within 30 days of the accident)."

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/2014-world-day-of-remembrance-for-road-traffic-victims

You can download the full report as well if you wanted to read more : http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/road_safety_status/2013/en/

6185 / 365 = 16.94 lets say that's sixteen a day.

But you know this already, you deal with it every day.

Every Thai friend I have spoken to has seen someone die on the roads. Some many more than once.

Yes I have limited experience of Thailand, I am a English Motorcycle Instructor, what do I know about Thailand?

In fact I have openly asked for people to comment on my riding in Thailand -

I ride as best I can to our Police Roadcraft Standards and have spent many years learning defensive riding techniques.

However I am always looking for new ideas, new ways to keep us motorcyclists alive on the roads.

The latest ideas in the UK are to avoid such accidents in the first place. We all have the skills and abilities to do so.

I know some here will attack me with the usual TiT argument, Most people who have passed their driving test think they are a good driver (It's always someone else who needs training or is a bad driver).

I don't claim I can wave a magic want and make Thailand safe. But it can be done.

I hope at least a few of you will take the time to have a look at this.

http://nosurprise.org.uk/

It is not about pointing fingers and blaming anyone. Just avoiding the event happening in the first place. Taking responsibility for our own actions. I include myself in this, we are all still learning.

Edited by CarolJadzia

Two people made mistakes, like we all do. Just one of those people is now dead.

We are discussing it here because the other one of those people was a celebrity.

If that is not the case why are the other sixteen or so deaths that happen every day on Thai roads not being talked about with so much interest?

You think I exaggerate?

"A study this year (2014) showed that Thailand ranked number two of road fatalities in the world, with 44 road deaths per 100,000 people. Fatalities from road accidents made up 5.1 percent of Thailand’s overall deaths. According to the Royal Thai Police, there were 6,185 deaths as a result of road traffic incidents between October 2013 and September 2014 (4,610 males and 1,575 females). In comparing statistics it should be noted that there is a difference in the method of calculating statistics for road deaths in Thailand (at the scene of the accident) and the WHO (within 30 days of the accident)."

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/2014-world-day-of-remembrance-for-road-traffic-victims

You can download the full report as well if you wanted to read more : http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/road_safety_status/2013/en/

Every Thai friend I have spoken to has seen someone die on the roads. Some many more than once.

Yes I have limited experience of Thailand, I am a English Motorcycle Instructor, what do I know about Thailand?

In fact I have openly asked for people to comment on my riding in Thailand -

I ride as best I can to our Police Roadcraft Standards and have spent many years learning defensive riding techniques.

However I am always looking for new ideas, new ways to keep us motorcyclists alive on the roads.

The latest ideas in the UK are to avoid such accidents in the first place. We all have the skills and abilities to do so.

I know some here will attack me with the usual TiT argument, Most people who have passed their driving test think they are a good driver (It's always someone else who needs training or is a bad driver).

I don't claim I can wave a magic want and make Thailand safe. But it can be done.

It is not about pointing fingers and blaming anyone. Just avoiding the event happening in the first place. Taking responsibility for our own actions. I include myself in this, we are all still learning.

The road toll in Thailand is ridiculous. And i am not sure how many posters actually drive. It seems like for some they release the genie when they hit the highway but the genie gets back into the proverbial bottle when they see the scene from the seat.

I have expressed a point of view that in Thailand the speed is unsafe. Unsafe for the roads, and the drivers' skills and the public in general. You can be super aware but that wont save anoeone if travelling tooo fast.

Can you get these general tendencies, excessive speed to slow down?

Two people made mistakes (possibly three including the motorcyclist), like we all do. Just one of those people is now dead.

(Edit: Of course there will be peaks and troughs as there are huge peaks around Songkran for instance, but that's the average)

You think I exaggerate?

In fact I have openly asked for people to comment on my riding in Thailand - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS02PZ8gdJQ

44 deaths per 100000 people puts the annual death toll at over 26000, over 70 people per day which is also the figure recently released by a Thai Interior Minister and the WHO.

The road toll in Thailand is ridiculous. And i am not sure how many posters actually drive. It seems like for some they release the genie when they hit the highway but the genie gets back into the proverbial bottle when they see the scene from the seat.

I have expressed a point of view that in Thailand the speed is unsafe. Unsafe for the roads, and the drivers' skills and the public in general. You can be super aware but that wont save anoeone if travelling tooo fast.

Can you get these general tendencies, excessive speed to slow down?

I can only comment on the current research into this in the UK, totally different in many ways. But statistically 'speed' on it's own does not kill. Speed in the wrong place kills.

UK motorways are the safest roads in the country yet that's where you find the majority of speeders.

Most pedestrians are killed by people who are abiding the legal speed limit and are normal safe drivers.

When a pedestrian steps into the stopping distance of a car or lorry there is very little or nothing that the driver can do to avoid it.

I totally agree speed is a contributory factor here. The whole idea of no surprise no accident is to understand that. But not just use it to find guilt.

Learn from it so the same thing does not happen to you.

Easy one this one. We have a car badly placed, a speeding other vehicle and a potential third party biker kicking it all off.

Easy to point the finger and move on.

Another 16 tomorrow then.