Thai-English actress Anna Reese becomes nun after killing cop in car crash

webfact

Anna Reese becomes nun after killing cop in car crash
By Coconuts Bangkok

ar.jpg
Photo: @Borilux

BANGKOK: -- Thai-English actress Anna Reese declared herself a Buddhist nun this morning and will be super-devout and dedicate all her merit to the police officer she killed in a car crash.

The 27-year-old actress will wear white for seven days and stay at the Thai Nun Institute at Wat Yannawa off Sathon Road in Bangkok to meditate and eat vegan, going so far as to beg the man she killed, police officer Sub. Lt. Napadol Wongbandit, for forgiveness during her ordination today.

"I pray every night, and a part of me believes he has forgiven me," Anna told reporters and cried.

Early on June 26, Anna crashed her Mercedes into a parked police car killing the officer inside on the motorway road. Napadol, a 44-year-old inspector with the Suphanburi Police Department, was found dead with a cracked skull in the driver's seat while Anna only had minor injuries.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/07/07/anna-reese-becomes-nun-after-killing-cop-car-crash

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-07-07

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand is a wonderful country and most of its people are marvelous... but this aspect of Thai society / culture is sickening. Making "merit" for 7 days !!! 9 times out of 10, taking someone's life here means nothing if you are rich or famous.

Why has she got hair? I've never seen a nun with hair. Oh, wait...I know...because it's just a typical superficial HiSo gesture that makes everything better. Is she going to shell out 3 million baht to the victim's family like the Red Bull punk's daddy did?

If she had said 7 years she might have been given a different response.

And then she could have quietly bailed after a couple of weeks. Might have difficult to get away with when you're an actress though.

Edited by halloween

So the alcohol tests that were send and needed 7 days proved negative?

TIT, no cash: breath analyser: 2 minutes, test positive / Big cash: lab tests, 7 days, test negative...

Even had the ghost visiting and telling her she was forgiven, pure beauty!!! sick.gif

Nothing more than platitude.... using these meaningless acts of publicity to attempt deflect negative public attention...

She hasn't shaved her hair, why would the media need to be present...

(Previously) Her apology and request for forgiveness could have taken place in private.

(Previously) Her visitation to Temple to pray over the dead body could have happened late at night (out of the way of the media spotlight).

I'm not sure how the general population react to such obvious attempts a manipulating favour and the media... do they buy into this obvious BS?....

.....IMO it seems quite disgusting and desperate.

That photo looks so strange to me, four photographers in a line, filming a person praying barely a metre away. It is just bizarre-looking to me on every level.

I actually think she is tormented by guilt, I do really believe that. But I still think she should have been tested for alcohol at the scene, even just to prove her innocence and give her some personal closure in a tragic accident. Or of course the alternative.

That photo looks so strange to me, four photographers in a line, filming a person praying barely a metre away. It is just bizarre-looking to me on every level.

I actually think she is tormented by guilt, I do really believe that. But I still think she should have been tested for alcohol at the scene, even just to prove her innocence and give her some personal closure in a tragic accident. Or of course the alternative.

This is the internet age. If there isn't a video, or photos at bare minimum, it didn't happen.

Nothing more than platitude.... using these meaningless acts of publicity to attempt deflect negative public attention...

She hasn't shaved her hair, why would the media need to be present...

(Previously) Her apology and request for forgiveness could have taken place in private.

(Previously) Her visitation to Temple to pray over the dead body could have happened late at night (out of the way of the media spotlight).

I'm not sure how the general population react to such obvious attempts a manipulating favour and the media... do they buy into this obvious BS?....

.....IMO it seems quite disgusting and desperate.

Of course the press is buying into it. They are thai as well.

Agreed.. Had she been tested and proven to be alcohol-free at the scene we could be a lot more sympathetic... and perhaps even go as far as suggesting that she wasn't solely responsible for a tragic accident whereby someone had parked in a dangerous location at the side of the highway in the dark...

However, her behaviour and media mongering since has done very little towards showing any level of genuine sorrow and empathy.... she appears to be going through the motions of what's expected, almost as if she is taking Public Relations advice from someone who believes everyone else to be an idiot...

Edited by richard_smith237

Lol!clap2.gif a rehearsal for a new role.....too bad the Thai Police Force does not care for their own fellow policemen and things can be bought! If not, at least one of their respested and dignified fellows would have had her incarcerated. Never mind....karma will follow soon...hope that something bad happens to her and her kind.

Rubbish article!

White dress is for buddhist lay people, there are 10s of thousands of women in Thailand who wear them for years, unfortunately many of them serving as 'serves' for the monks, but most of them are much more dedicated and practicing much more serious than the monks.

The Thai (male) Sangha are still vehemently opposed to women entering nunhood, all the buddhist nuns that I know of in Thailand were ordained in Sri Lanka.

So at the end a very empty gesture of her, and the publicity around it makes it even more revolting. bah.gif

Every time you think that you have seen it all, something like this comes up, and you realize just how little you really have seen

At least she didn't go to Singapore because she had a cold and sore throat

I just can't get used to the fact that the Thai police don't even care about one of their own, so how can a Thai or a foreigner ever expect justice if someone does something despicable to them

Let's be frank, shall we? The only (ONLY!) reason why she is putting up this circus is because she is mortified that the dead police officer's ghost might come to haunt her. Otherwise she'd give a rat's ass about having to atone for her deed.

And then only 7 days? Hardly a time span that anyone would consider adequate - not least the dead officer's spirit.

The big question now is: Will she be able to avoid getting the munchies at 3 a.m. (Buddhist nuns are supposed to eat only once a day, after daybreak and before noon), because we all know how tragic her last episode ended. Or so she claimed.

Edited by Misterwhisper

"On July 1 she attended the officer’s cremation ceremony, where she later told the media his ghost possessed someone present in order to tell her she was forgiven, Khaosod reported."

Does anyone really believe this drivel?

How much compensation did she pay? They always tell but this time, nothing....

7 days a nun and eating vegan....The horror! But this is her "doing time for her crime" and will be the end of it. My guess is she will bail out of the country for a while, do some shopping and come home. Her new benz will be ready to take delivery of by then!

"On July 1 she attended the officer’s cremation ceremony, where she later told the media his ghost possessed someone present in order to tell her she was forgiven, Khaosod reported."

Does anyone really believe this drivel?

I don't, but I know a few people with mono-syllable nicknames that do......

What a narcissistic and manipulating spoilt brat, refusing arrest because she wasn't ready? I'll bet the cop wasn't ready to go either Anna.

And what is with the hair? if you're gonna pull a dramatic spin for the media at least put your back into it, however it appears she is going to act her way out of this one.

RIP to the cop

Edited by coulson

In my country if you unintentionally kill someone in an accident and you're not drunk, you're also not sent to jail and the fine is not that high. Most of the expenses will be paid by your insurance.
I believe that's a good thing.

Never think you're perfect - you too can cause a deadly accident,

Agreed.. Had she been tested and proven to be alcohol-free at the scene we could be a lot more sympathetic... and perhaps even go as far as suggesting that she wasn't solely responsible for a tragic accident whereby someone had parked in a dangerous location at the side of the highway in the dark...

However, her behaviour and media mongering since has done very little towards showing any level of genuine sorrow and empathy.... she appears to be going through the motions of what's expected, almost as if she is taking Public Relations advice from someone who believes everyone else to be an idiot...

A different angle: celebrity status and all the crap and lack of morals that goes with it.

Edited by scorecard

Pretty sickening case all round. Watching her staggering around the scene screaming after killing a cop, she TELLS the cops she's not ready to go to the station - and they just accept it without a breath test?

Now we have to witness this charade. At least she didn't have to inconvenience herself with a long trip given her choice of temple for those long 7 days. Local, free detox, still treated like a celeb no doubt - nice choice!

Of course nobody will raise an eyebrow, mai pen lai - par for the course. Pathetic.

In my country if you unintentionally kill someone in an accident and you're not drunk, you're also not sent to jail and the fine is not that high. Most of the expenses will be paid by your insurance.

I believe that's a good thing.

Never think you're perfect - you too can cause a deadly accident,

Fair enough, but that's not what has everyone in a fuss. What's sickening is a spoilt brat hi-so driving like a maniac. hitting a stationary vehicle and not even being taken in because she threw a tantrum, also avoiding any form of testing for 12 hours and only because she turned herself in. Enough time had elapsed that her body could have broken down any alcohol in her system.

The average person in any other Country would have been remanded on the spot. What would have happened in your Country under these circumstances?

According to a security guard nearby who witnessed the incident, he saw Anna's Mercedes speeding alongside a big bike. He said it appeared they were racing. Anna rammed into the police car, which was parked on the side of the motorway while the motorbike escaped.

Edited by coulson

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic beyond words!

A few weeks a a "nun", plenty of tears for the cameras, (smiles and laughter when the cameras have gone), a brown envelope passed under the table and that's it.

That's the value of a human life here.

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic beyond words!

Thainess.