Only allowed 1 PM?

anono2223

Hi guys,

Tried to find forum rules and regs about this, but was unsuccessful. Just wondered how long you had to be active here or how many posts you need to have before you can have more than one PM in your mailbox?

Sometimes I don't wanna create a new thread for something that I know I can ask a specific user and save the bandwidth.

Thank you

Michael

Edited by dynalmadman

You are not limited to one PM per day.

Well, I did think it rather unusual, but once I sent one PM, when I went to send a second one, I was informed that my box was full and that I could not send a PM until making room.

Sure enough, as soon as I deleted the one PM I sent, I could then send another.

Repeat as above when I tried once again to send another PM.

MacBook Pro, OSX Yosemite.

Thank you,

Michael

Error message when I try to send a second PM:

Oops! Something went wrong!
[#10273]

You already have the maximum number of messages that you are allowed to store. In order to send a new message, you must delete some existing messages.

To the left of your messages screen you should see a "Storage" box with a % of used quota. What quota does it show, normal members get 500 messages I believe.

There's evidently something amiss, let us know your OS and browser, it may also be worth disabling any browser extensions you are using.

Thank you for the screenshot, which sheds light on the mystery. By mistake, your account has been limited to one PM, not per day but for life. The correct limit should be 500 messages:

post-21260-0-53341300-1436417368_thumb.p

To get this problem resolved, please send an email to [email protected]