Where to buy a wire trap for squirrels

giddyup

I'm pretty sure I've got a squirrel(s) in the roof space. Around the same time every evening (7 o'clock) I hear this almighty scurrying in the ceiling in the bedroom. Never hear any noise in the daytime and it sounds far too big to be a rat. I know squirrels can be as destructive as rats in the roof space, chewing electric wires etc, so I really need to get rid of them. Apparently they can nest in the roof space and raise a family there. Other than using a wire trap with some kind of bait (peanut butter?) I don't know of any other way to get rid of them. So if anyone knows where I can buy that kind of trap in Pattaya please let me know.

Could be rats. Rats get bigger than squirels here. They're both just as destructive. Many Thai hardware and 20 baht stores carry the wire traps. I've paid 20 baht for them.

Edited by BB1950

Go to any Thai hardware store and you can get one for B80. Sorry I can't help you as to exactly where you can find a hardware store but I'm sure there are many in Pattaya.

That's not true. There are many hardware stores in my area, none of them have a squirrel trap. If it was that easy I wouldn't be asking here.

Go to any Thai hardware store and you can get one for B80. Sorry I can't help you as to exactly where you can find a hardware store but I'm sure there are many in Pattaya.

That's not true. There are many hardware stores in my area, none of them have a squirrel trap. If it was that easy I wouldn't be asking here.

My apology. I suggest you ask for a rat trap, not a squirrel trap. The shop clerk probably didn't know what you were talking about. I suggest you go back to one of those many hardware stores in your area and order the item correctly, a rat trap, and then they will know what you're talking about.

My apology. I suggest you ask for a rat trap, not a squirrel trap. The shop clerk probably didn't know what you were talking about. I suggest you go back to one of those many hardware stores in your area and order the item correctly, a rat trap, and then they will know what you're talking about.

I had my Thai partner with me when I was looking, I'm sure she knew how to ask for the right trap, but perhaps they had them but just didn't want to sell me one.

look for these, they should do the trick with your squirrels.

That's what I want, but can't say I've ever seen one in a hardware shop. There's a local pet suppliers nearby, I'll ask him if he either has them or knows where I can buy one.

They are rats BTW, not squirrels as I suspected. I thought they would be as a big as cats the amount of noise they made, but no, just regular size. Caught two the first night just using the metal and spring type trap that breaks their necks.