Are portable dishwashers with wheels sold in Thailand?

post-37101-0-90108200-1436697641_thumb.j

I went to a big store that carries dishwashers (machines, not labor) and asked about a portable dishwasher with wheels. They appeared to stock portable dishwashers without wheels. Portable meaning they are standalone units that you use without installing into your kitchen and you have to hook up hoses every time you use it. I wouldn't consider such a thing without wheels as don't have the space otherwise.

I talked the three people and they dragged out their product books and they said such a thing doesn't exist.

I then showed them pictures of such machines from major manufacturers.

Then they said, this does not exist IN THAILAND.

Well, that's seems possible but I am skeptical that they are such experts if they didn't know that such things exist as least somewhere.

So that's the question here ... are these sold IN THAILAND (with wheels) or not?

What I don't get if you're going to sell these units at all, and yes I saw some on their floor, why not offer them with the option of wheels? In the U.S. such units usually have wheels. Yes I know this isn't the U.S. but this is functionality thing based on the nature of these machines which seems to me rather universal.

Edited by Jingthing

I know this isn't what you really want, but if it turns out there are no wheeled dishwashers here, for Plan B you might consider buying four casters at Home Pro and attaching them to the bottom.

My clothes dryer is on the balcony and I wanted it easily movable so I could clean behind/under it so I drilled 16 holes (4 per caster) in the bottom and now have a wheeled dryer.

I'm not surprised you can't find a wheeled, portable dishwasher. Being how uncommon dishwashers seem to be here, I'm surprised you even found a portable one.

Hmm.

Is it possible that I thought I was looking at portable units on the floor and in books when actually they weren't?

OK, it's possible.

They seemed to be saying they had portable but maybe they were all meant to be built in.

There are portable units made that you can use standalone or convert to built in later as well.

OK, I guess they're really called freestanding dishwashers.

Such units are not installed and you have to hook them up to a faucet every time.

Maybe they're used mostly in Thailand with a dedicated faucet away from the kitchen sink and not moved.

Doesn't work in a small condo kitchen!

Jingthing: I owned a similar General Electric Portable Dishwasher for many years in California. I lived in an older home with a very small kitchen at this portable dishwasher was a way to save on the cost of a kitchen remodel and it served as a budget Kitchen Island. That connection to the kitchen faucet in your photo brought back memories. In 2005 I rented a 2000 baht a month two bedroom attached rental house in Buriram Province Thailand. No multipoint hot water heater to use for the kitchen sink. So I bought a Siemens free standing dishwasher from Buriram Supply and the installation was as simple as a front loading washing machine. In 2007 when I built a home in Buriram Province it was simple to have the Siemens Dishwasher set under a granite counter top, with the waste pipe connection, cold water valve connection and one grounded electrical socket. If I move again it seems simple to move and reinstall the free standing dishwasher against a wall or under a granite worktop. It is not really "built in". I looked in the Siemens Home Appliance catalog from 2014 and did not see a model with wheels. Today I looked in Buriram at the 2015 Teka Kitchen appliance catalog and there was not a model which washes dishes with wheels. I did speak with a 160 cm tall model that that claims she can wash dishes and could cook meals.

The Teka dishwashers I viewed in Buriram are actually manufactured in Europe. I've seen GE appliances in Thailand imported by http://www.titanco.co.th/application/about.html but no portable dishwashers. When I visited the importer of Maytag Appliances and Whirlpool Appliances I did not see any dishwashers with wheels. http://www.whirlpool.co.th/product/pro_cat.php Hafele Thailand Partners import some very high end European appliances and it might be worthwhile for Jingthing to contact the Hafele showroom in Bangkok to see if one of the "partner brands" of Hafele offers a portable dishwasher in Thailand. http://www.hafele.com/th/en/ The compact dishwasher model offered by Siemens in Thailand is 45 cm tall

http://www.siemens-home.com/th/product-showroom/dishwashing/dishwasher/compact-dishwasher/SK25E202EU.html and can fit on a counter top. The compact Siemens dishwasher is sold by Homepro at a higher price than a full size Teka model I viewed at a Buriram Builders Merchants today. I am shopping for appliances on Monday in Surin so I'll check to see if Franke or Smeg have a portable dishwasher with wheels and the kitchen faucet connection in their catalogs.

post-20604-0-46999400-1436710932_thumb.j

post-20604-0-35921400-1436710984_thumb.j

Edited by kamalabob2

I can't imagine any Thai buying a dishwasher in a kitchen worth less than half a million Baht - I also can't imagine them wanting one that rolls around wink.png

Maybe they don't know they even exist in the world like the "experts" I talked to at a store selling dishwashers ...

What about wheels on BEDS?

Thais seem to love those.

I can't imagine any Thai buying a dishwasher in a kitchen worth less than half a million Baht - I also can't imagine them wanting one that rolls around wink.png

Maybe they don't know they even exist in the world like the "experts" I talked to at a store selling dishwashers ...

What about wheels on BEDS?

Thais seem to love those.

i think it's more a case of "they don't care if it exists" - because for the market here, no one would be interested in moving it again. It's going to get built in.

What's next, split system AC's with wheels? fridges on wheels? ovens on wheels? Just because you can, doesn't mean you should, or that anyone would want it :P

Edited by IMHO

Maybe you should just get a dishwasher like mine? costs 5K/mth, and also cleans the floors, windows, gets cobwebs down, dusts furniture etc. Does tend to play Facebook a lot when I'm not looking though :P

That's BS.

Even countertop dishwashers are sold in Thailand.

They aren't built in.

Another post pointed to a Thai website selling freestanding units.

They aren't built in, by definition.

The issue is moving it or not and if you don't have the space and it's not installed, you need to move it.

That's BS.

Even countertop dishwashers are sold in Thailand.

They aren't built in.

Another post pointed to a Thai website selling freestanding units.

They aren't built in, by definition.

The issue is moving it or not and if you don't have the space and it's not installed, you need to move it.

They might be offered for sale, but sold? 555555

Anyways, just buy yourself some caster wheels - these things will always have adjustable feet to allow them to be levelled - unscrew the feet, screw in some wheels. bingo! smile.png

Hey, I may have just uncovered a business oppty for you here. I hope it makes you rich :D

Edited by IMHO

Look, I am perfectly willing to accept that the people behind marketing dishwasher machines in Thailand think there isn't a big enough market in Thailand to justify stocking them in Thailand (if that indeed turns out to be the case, which it seems it is).

Cheers.

The free standing Siemens Dishwasher I bought and our family has used most every day since 2005 spent a couple of years in a modest rental house kitchen. It also fits nicely in a larger home kitchen and I plan to move it to a 3rd kitchen. Unlike California, in Thailand, at least in Buriram, it is very modest in cost to have a pvc pipe run and a connection made for the free standing dishwasher. In our 2nd home the freestanding dishwasher fits under a granite counter top, but is NOT built in. IN the 2nd photo, the dishwasher is placed towards the left under the higher section of of the kitchen worktop.

The OP lives in a condo so that may have a set of rules for installing and removing a dishwasher. I did not see any portable dishwashers today at the Surin Global House, Surin Homepro, Surin IQ Modern Trade or Surin Thaiwatsadu.

post-20604-0-10903700-1436802658_thumb.j

post-20604-0-48928000-1436802699_thumb.j

post-20604-0-70083700-1436803014_thumb.j

Edited by kamalabob2

• 1 year later...

Great info on this thread.  I'm trying to find a portable dishwasher that will fit in an existing space, with the following specs:

54cm depth
65cm height
47cm wide

We need clearance in the back for hoses/power (probably 10cm) so that is why I think less depth 45-50cm?

Any suggestions/recommendations greatly appreciated; we've been calling around,but haven't found much within the dimensions we need.

File Aug 18, 3 05 35 PM.jpeg

all dishwashers are 'portable', it depends on your body strength. i have never seen one with wheels like the one shown in the original post photo. 595mm wide washers are pretty standard but, due to width and depth, they will not fit into the space shown in the above picture.