Made a mistake booking Air Asia / done my money?

Razzler1973

Damn, booked a domestic ticket with Air Asia and made an error, return from a different beach (island connection).

As soon as I did it all and pressed print I realised. I called them but got the 'terms and conditions' line and they're basically completely inflexible

I couldn't stop the credit card thingy before the vendor took the money either. I filled out some form on their site but speaking to their call centre I am not optimistic

Anyone had any experiences of this with Air Asia? Have I basically just set fire to 2500 baht? :P I can understand their terms and it's not a case of someone chopping and changing their mind but literally a pressing the wrong button thing and instantly trying to rectify it!! Grrrr

So annoying

Anyone got anything back? Happy to change it to correct location or completely cancel it and rebook but ... terms and conditions, amirite!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about your loss ....

What do you want to hear from posters ..... ? It's got nothing to do with anyone having any experience with this ...

the mistake was done by you as you didn't double check the itinerary before you pressed the 'ok' button.

Jobs done. Terms and Condition states ticket you are purchasing cannot be changed or refunded.

Maybe someone had done it before but did manage to somehow get a refund or change of location. There's a lot of things not in the rules but you get them done anyway

If two people came along and said 'yeah, they said that to me but I did xyz and got 50% back' then that would be a useful experience. If people came here and said 'forget it, tried everything but rules is the rules' ... these would be examples of posters experiences, you see ...

Money not the end of the world but making the mistake has annoyed the bloody hell out of me!!

It happened to me twice. I put the wrong month 08 instead of 09. We turned up at the airport only be told that the flight left a month ago. So we had to book a full flight fare which costs a lot of money.
The next time I got sick and couldn't fly and they still refused to refund me anything.

Many airlines will change a ticket for an administration fee if you contact them very quickly (matter of minutes not hours). I did this with Nok Air last week. Cost me 300 baht to change the return leg which I had accidentally booked for the same day when I meant to book the following day. I have done this before (or failed to call quickly enough - can't remember) so I knew that importance of getting on the phone straight away.

Pretty sure I have seen this being a published feature with British Airways. I think it is usually an informal thing that airlines will do at their discretion.

Air Asia? Forget it - the customer is always wrong if there is money in it for Tony Fernanadez. I saw once that his PR team had said that he wished he was liked more! It's easy to see what's not to like.

I recently had a fly-through flight to Australia with AirAsia. This normally means a 2 hour wait and you get on the next flight to Oz.

However, AirAsia cancelled the connecting flight with no reason given. They just booked me on a flight the next day. So that added more than $100 to the cost of the flight to book into their airport hotel, meals etc.

Customer relations is definitely NOT their strong point.

Many airlines will change a ticket for an administration fee if you contact them very quickly (matter of minutes not hours). I did this with Nok Air last week. Cost me 300 baht to change the return leg which I had accidentally booked for the same day when I meant to book the following day. I have done this before (or failed to call quickly enough - can't remember) so I knew that importance of getting on the phone straight away.

Pretty sure I have seen this being a published feature with British Airways. I think it is usually an informal thing that airlines will do at their discretion.

Air Asia? Forget it - the customer is always wrong if there is money in it for Tony Fernanadez. I saw once that his PR team had said that he wished he was liked more! It's easy to see what's not to like.

"Air Asia? Forget it - the customer is always wrong if there is money in it for Tony Fernanadez. I saw once that his PR team had said that he wished he was liked more! It's easy to see what's not to like."

Think it was his QPR team that said that ?

Gooners....

Suck it up, you made a mistake, the AirAsia T&Cs couldn't be clearer, you will get nowhere trying to circumvent them - many have tried, none have succeeded. They have a no-refund policy, that is one of the reasons they are cheap.

The only moaners complaining about budget airlines like AirAsia or RyanAir in Europe on BBs like this are people who failed to read the T&Cs, either through illiteracy, impatience or laziness. I've been screwed once or twice on the baggage scam. Wasting money teaches a lesson.

Edited by asdecas

Suck it up, you made a mistake, the AirAsia T&Cs couldn't be clearer, you will get nowhere trying to circumvent them - many have tried, none have succeeded. They have a no-refund policy, that is one of the reasons they are cheap.

The only moaners complaining about budget airlines like AirAsia or RyanAir in Europe on BBs like this are people who failed to read the T&Cs, either through illiteracy, impatience or laziness. I've been screwed once or twice on the baggage scam. Wasting money teaches a lesson.

Keep flying with them. They'll find a way to turn you off eventually!

I've had better experiences...though they don't get everything right.

You might have more luck if you ask them to give you a credit note for the problematic part of the booking.

I think your only hope is if Air Asia cancel or re-time the flight. That way you will get either a refund or a credit note to use within 3 months

I booked 4 seats to Chiang Mai earlier this year. The flight time was brought forward 30 minutes. No problem for me, but other circumstances meant we could not travel.. No point in claiming back the airport taxes, as fopr domestic flights they are low, and the fee to obtain a refund was likely more than the refund itself.

Imagine my surprise when I received an email advising I had a credit of 6000+baht

It is possible to get tickets changed if their consideration team takes pity on you.

My friend and his wife's last name was spelt wrong on a pair of tickets a couple of years ago (due to Thai translation on passport).

I was told to contact [email protected] and explain everything to them. The tickets were adjusted accordingly and the problem was resolved.

For the sake of saving a minuscule amount of baht, this (and all the other stories re Air Asia over many years and many websites) is a clear warning for even the Einsteins amongst us to avoid this sweet airline.

Yes, you may (occasionally) be saved a small dollop of mullah, but yes, you will certainly be treated like sh*te by this airline. Happy flying.

For the sake of saving a minuscule amount of baht, this (and all the other stories re Air Asia over many years and many websites) is a clear warning for even the Einsteins amongst us to avoid this sweet airline.

Yes, you may (occasionally) be saved a small dollop of mullah, but yes, you will certainly be treated like sh*te by this airline. Happy flying.

I have been flying with Air Asia for the past 6/7 years on a regular basis.

Who else will provide me a flight for 100baht to Phnom Penh, Chiang Mai and other places (accept that these are bookings made at least 6 months in advance) Flights booked within 1/2 weeks of requirements have always been far cheaper than the opposition.

Forget all the pricey add-ons. Reconfirm when you can and you will invariably get a good seat for free. Keep yopur baggage to 7kg (free if you can), or combine with family and friends with perhaps just 1 paid for baggage of 10/15/20kgs

No problems with booking, no problems with check-in or flights.

Have I just been lucky or have others just been unlucky.?

Both good and bad comments here reflect my experiences with Air Asia. I continue to fly with them. As a future strategy, their introduction of Premium Flex (PF) fares gives you a chance to leverage the risk you take with changing plans. This would not really help with the OP's particular situation, however, since that was a change in routing.

PF gives you two free change of dates, 20 kg luggage, assigned (hot) seat, and a meal. If you are going to get luggage anyway and a seat assignment, this may be close the promo fare if booked well ahead. A ticket I just booked for August was $98 with luggage and a seat, $107 premium flex. I chose the PF for $9 more. If you are a member of their mileage program, you can change your date online (manage booking) with no cost if the rebooked ticket qualifies for the same fare. I found this quite easy to do.

If your trip is cancelled, you can rebook ahead some months, and still possibly be able to use the ticket on a later trip since you still have one free change of date. I don't bother doing this with the cheapest tickets, just figure I won't actually use all the ones I purchase and I will still come out ahead.

One could possibly blame using Thai Visa for developing bad habits online, in particular just typng any old nonsense, not checking it and swiftly clicking on "Post".

"Job done, time to move on to the next thread where I can offer my ar5e4Ole opinion"

If you do find yourself in the "Online Booking" challenged group, you can always select the "Over The Counter Payment" option. This gives you 24 hours to check over the flight details several times, take a bit of exercise and get out and meet people.

You're welcome.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

Having flown Air Asia weekly between Chiang Mai and Bangkok for several years (at least 400 flights) I can tell you you will not get a refund. Hell, even when they agreed to a refund due to their error and it showed in their system, about 50 percent of the time I never got it.

Air Asia is a great budget airline, I use them everytime flying to KL Macau Bali and CM. Had a delay once but thats all.

Edited by balo

Having flown Air Asia weekly between Chiang Mai and Bangkok for several years (at least 400 flights) I can tell you you will not get a refund. Hell, even when they agreed to a refund due to their error and it showed in their system, about 50 percent of the time I never got it.

It is shown quite clearly on their website.

http://www.airasia.com/th/en/our-fares/fare-rules.page

Only date and time can be changed.

Not even small print, but a Big Red Cross.

As soon as you make a booking error with Air Asia get on the phone to them or visit their office at the airport. They can fix things up. It depends on the person you deal with but i know someone who ending up booking twice on the same flight (he had computer problems). Air Asia cancelled the dupe booking and gave him the ticket cost as credit for future flights. Depends on the person but can vary between free of charge to no help at all.

I hate air asia but sometimes they are just so cheap, I give them another chance.
last time, (2 weeks ago) they were advertising 690 baht from Phuket to Bangkok.
Since they never will accept my american credit card, I go to my travel agent (who charges me about 150 baht), and had them book it.
Lo and behold, about 15 minutes after booking, she calls me up and says she didn't get a confirmation email like your usually does.
She called them up and they said: no more flights at that price.
So, it's NOK air, Lion air, and the other cheapies for me again.

The worst part is Air Asia always seems to come up with new ways to screw me over.

tony needs to know this is one reason people don't like him.

As soon as you make a booking error with Air Asia get on the phone to them or visit their office at the airport. They can fix things up. It depends on the person you deal with but i know someone who ending up booking twice on the same flight (he had computer problems). Air Asia cancelled the dupe booking and gave him the ticket cost as credit for future flights. Depends on the person but can vary between free of charge to no help at all.

I had the same experience after making a mistake in the online booking : I got on the phone and they corrected immediately.