Airport to file criminal charge against Kamronwit

Lite Beer

Can I take my nail clippers through the X Ray?

No cannot

A small bottle of water?

No

What about my cig lighter?

No

Spare batteries for my razor?

No

What about this concealed gun?

Okaaayyy you no problem!!!

Talking about a razor, last year I flew Chang Mai - Bangkok - Brisbane, Aust. with a spare trimming knife blade in my laptop bag. I did not know it was there until I got to Brisbane and sliced the end of my finger when I put my hand in the bag. (do not remember putting the blade in my bag in CM)

Point is, I went through all those security checks in and out of those airports with a deadly weapon in my bag and nobody picked it up.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think maybe this was part of the deal

Very likely. But for taking the gun out originally or possibly even bringing it back in again today. The item is so badly worded that could be construed to mean he has it with him now. Surely NOT!!! Could he have done a O.J. "Can I have my glove/gun back now?"

So, let me understand this.

Because of the complete incompetence of the Thai airport security to fail to find the gun in his baggage, they are going to lay criminal charges against him for them failing to find the gun?

Doesn't that just make them look even dumber than they actually are.

I take that back...not possible.

Point taken.

But are they now so embarrassed by this incident that they are trying, after the horse has bolted, to regain some tiny amount of credibility?

Agree scorecard. It can only be an attempt to try and regain some sort of "face" for failing to find the gun...

...I guess it's an offensive move before the Government decides to call into question the lapse airport security that missed the gun...

"If there is convincing evidence he took the gun out [through] Suvarnabhumi Airport, the Airports of Thailand (AOT) will lodge a complaint with police against him," AOT president Nitinai Sirismatthakarn said yesterday.

yes, convincing evidence is the key..., and don't lose it after you found it

Edited by klauskunkel

During his detention in Japan, Camronwit reportedly said the gun was his but he was unaware the weapon was in his carry-on luggage when he was about to board a flight back to Thailand on June 22.

"I have many guns in my house: taped under the table, in secret drawers, in a cutout book on a shelf, inside the toilet tank, under my pillow... who keeps track anyway? in Thailand we just buy more guns if we forget where they are..."

looking at the amount of wai-ing , saluting and general (!) back slapping going on at the airport when he arrived - Channel 7 TV reports this morning, initially I thought it was another of those S Korean boy bands in town.

So, let me understand this.

Because of the complete incompetence of the Thai airport security to fail to find the gun in his baggage, they are going to lay criminal charges against him for them failing to find the gun?

Doesn't that just make them look even dumber than they actually are.

I take that back...not possible.

He could not provide a wapon license.

"If there is convincing evidence he took the gun out [through] Suvarnabhumi Airport

The AOT president Nitinai Sirismatthakarn should have known by now the gun was a present given to him in Thailand. And if this man can count to three he should know it was not handed over by a bicycle courier before going through the security check at the airport in Japan.

Can the public also file charges against the airport authorities for not finding the gun theybare going to charge him for carrying?

Going to be a bit difficult to prove he was carrying the gun when they never found it. Would be hilarious questioning in the witness box.

I doubt it. Remember they ask you if you packed your bags etc etc

I seem to be missing something here. In order for the Airports of Thailand to file charges against this super goombah, former police chief freak, wouldn't they need to get the police involved? Would the police be willing to arrest him? If they arrested him, would the hold him? And even if they held him, would a court hear the charges? And if the court heard the charges, what are the chances of him getting convicted of anything?

It seems apparent that with a man of this stature, laws do not apply here. He is above the law. And what will Little P. do about this?