Justice Min urges jailed Pheu Thai politicians to apply for royal pardon

webfact

So why did you just write that one word post "purge" ? Purge all you don't like ? As anyone who understands Thailand understands that doesn't matter.

yes that's what I meant, amazingly we agree, the 'purge' is on as everyone, including all Thais I know, understand this

now how about justice for all?

Justice for all? Difficult if you yourself want to purge the truth when it's not convenient to you.

So, Justice Minister urges jailed people to apply for a royal pardon. No problem. As he also indicated 'as far as possible within the written laws and rules'.

How about justice for" President of the Southern Press Association Chaiyong Maneerungsakul, who is facing a court trial for allegedly hiring gunmen to kill his 48-year-old wife Wanphen in a rubber plantation in Songkhla province last year, was among five individuals appointed as advisers to Justice Minister General Paiboon Khumchaya."

Yes, Paiboon really cares about justice!!!!

You mean we should just hang the chap without awaiting the trial?

How about justice for" President of the Southern Press Association Chaiyong Maneerungsakul, who is facing a court trial for allegedly hiring gunmen to kill his 48-year-old wife Wanphen in a rubber plantation in Songkhla province last year, was among five individuals appointed as advisers to Justice Minister General Paiboon Khumchaya."

Of course not, but if you believe appointing someone like this who has been charged with organising the murder of his wife, to an advisor to the justice minister, is appropriate then i find that strange. I am sure you can sought of see the potential issues with it, no?

Not that it would make any difference anyway given his power and the inability of the judiciary to do their job. Reform the judiciary? Nope of course not, not necessary we have been told....

Of course not, but if you believe appointing someone like this who has been charged with organising the murder of his wife, to an advisor to the justice minister, is appropriate then i find that strange. I am sure you can sought of see the potential issues with it, no?

Not that it would make any difference anyway given his power and the inability of the judiciary to do their job. Reform the judiciary? Nope of course not, not necessary we have been told....

So how do you feel about people charged with inciting terrorism being appointed as MPs? Does Chaiyong's appointment give him immunity from prosecution?

AFAIR to be elibible for a royal pardon a person has to have served past (half?) of his sentence and be truly repentant about the crime and apologise with true feelings. After that they can be considered for a pardon.

OTOH if they had only accepted the first punishment they would not be in jail now. Their choice.