Some of the The clichés and false arguments you see on ThaiVisa...

The clichés and false arguments you see on ThaiVisa.

Uncritical thinking

Often in the form of fallacious arguments....

Use of......

False Dichotomies...

Claims that In ..(other country’s name).... things are same/much worse

“it happens in “>>>>>”too

False Syllogisms - Jane is good at mathematics. Jane is dyslexic. Therefore, all dyslexic people are good at mathematics.”

And think the plural of anecdote is data .........

Unable to tell the difference between association and causation

Everyone’s an expert syndrome.....

· I went to school (in the 60s) so I know all about education

· I went to a hospital so I know all about healthcare

· I drive a car so I know all about driving

· I saw or heard about on event happened so all Thai people do the same

Inability to be critical about sources.....

“What are your qualifications?”

“What evidence do you have for that?:”

“My friend’s sister’s husband’s dustbin man told him.......”

“I heard it in from an expert” - (in a bar)

“That’s a fact.......’

“The Daily mail says......”

And those with a PhD in Google......

“What I say can’t be rubbish because I found a site on Google that says the same as me...”

“What I say isn’t rubbish because I found SEVERAL sites on Google that say the same as me...”

They think putting a word or phrase into Goggle is “research”

(i.e. - I don’t know the difference between “search” and “research”)

Overt and covert racism........ often focussed on Thailand...

e.g - Creating nouns out of adjectives/shortening words or phrases in order to give them a derogatory subtext.....

“Thais” (rather than “Thai people”)

“Illegals” rather than “migrants”, “immigrants” or “refugees” - regardless of their real status under international law....

Using “They” “Them” “These people” to refer to general perceived groups based on race/gender/religion etc. and as an introduction to a racist stereotype...

”I’ve got nothing against them but...........”

and the sub-heading - “some of my best friends are.......”

All Thai people are inferior to “the West” (or actually the poster) in an observed ability or activity...

“Thais can’t/don’t........”

Failure to understand the complexity of an issue...

Prostitutes have an easy job.......

Thailand has 2 sides - “red” and “yellow”.

Thaksin is the source of all Thailand’s woes....

Only the Redshirts are corrupt.

“There should be a law.” - (usually by people who believe in “small government”?)

When in Rome....

“TIT”

“It’s part of Thai culture”

“If you don’t like it, go home!”

You have proved your point by the first 3 replies,I will say it again,this is getting sad,it is becoming a 2nd rate news outlet,repeating ,lifting news from other sites.Fair enough,do us a favour and let us express our opinions,without the favourite few controlling the site.Look how boring it has become.We know what we can't comment on here but are free to do so out of the country,as a business you are losing it.

I detest the bitter and twisted haters whose only contribution to a thread with implies anything about building a house, home improvement, trimming trees, washing the car, helping the wife etc etc is " do you have a work permit, you need a work permit for that "

I detest the bitter and twisted haters whose only contribution to a thread with implies anything about building a house, home improvement, trimming trees, washing the car, helping the wife etc etc is " do you have a work permit, you need a work permit for that "

My Wife told me I couldnt have sex with her as i needed a work permit but fortunately her Brother helped us out

My Wife told me I couldnt have sex with her as i needed a work permit but fortunately her Brother helped us out

Is he cute ?? My perogstive too, being bi sexual I fancy everyone....

NO for that you would have to be TRI sexual as her Brother is a ladyboytongue.png

NO for that you would have to be TRI sexual as her Brother is a ladyboytongue.png

a bit un pc here girls you forgot the soi dogs oh well each to their own

I must say I'm hugely pleased with this thread; many of the subsequent replies have confirmed exactly what I observed. (BTW - it took about 15 minutes to concoct)

It has illustrated the preponderance of really shallow thought, which unfortunately extends to some major problems facing Thailand or even the world today.

Magnacarta summed it up perfectly in his first comment......

"You have proved your point by the first 3 replies"

Absolutely true!

The rest (mostly) was just icing on the cake.

Thanks to all for your contributions. Especially the ones who showed themselves up so well.

Edited by cumgranosalum