Face Club in South Pattaya faces business shutdown after defying military junta’s order

Lite Beer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a great story as it shows how no one has any respect for the police in Thailand even after being warned. Over a hundred kids inthe bar and then what a wonderful laugh to see all the kids run away as most of them probably belonged to the police families.

One of the better stories from Thailand. Amazing!1

Hundreds in five pick up trucks? cheesy.gif

When they stopped at the police station the kids jumped out and ran away.

Great work by our heroes in brown.laugh.png

They did not even get them to the police station.

The kids run away when they seen the pick ups coming.

They did not even get to the police station? Yet another TV member who can't read: 'All were later taken in five pickup trucks to Bang Lamung police station to have their profiles booked.'

How do these so called Police take all these young people away and let them all run away when they get to the station. And in OPEN pickup trucks. DO THEY NOT HAVE SEALED WAGONS.

They will be the laughing stop around the police world. So funny. How do they save face on this one.

Such a great story as it shows how no one has any respect for the police in Thailand even after being warned. Over a hundred kids inthe bar and then what a wonderful laugh to see all the kids run away as most of them probably belonged to the police families.

One of the better stories from Thailand. Amazing!1

Hmmm. When they got to the police station they didn't have "over a hundred" underage kids. Are you absolutely sure you want to believe they did at an earlier time? How many did they actually manage to "record their profiles?" How big is the "club?" Could "over a hundred" people actually fit into it? For fun? Did nobody take a picture? A picture of "over a hundred" kids rounded up for underage drinking would be pretty impressive. They actually raided a bar without taking at least one photographer along? Really? There's one photo, did somebody take that with their cell phone? In the photo with the story it looks like six guys sitting on the ground. I can't tell if the dozen or so people standing around are cops or just passersby who stopped to see what was going on. One guy sitting cross-legged on a table at the side -- what's that about? I wonder if the cops just got an order from the governor, the complaint was false, but they had to please the governor so made up this explanation why they didn't find a lot of underage drinkers there. This is a very weird story, and most of the commenters so far do not seem to be applying critical thinking skills.

Edited by Acharn

It smacks a little of Keystone Cops. Closed for 5 years? So what. They can open again somewhere else with a different name? The Manager/s and Owner/s should be BANNED from managing or operating any form of liquor outlet of any type for 5 years, if they really want to carry out enforcement. But hey, who's holding their breath? And now we can move on to the next joke coffee1.gif

How do these so called Police take all these young people away and let them all run away when they get to the station. And in OPEN pickup trucks. DO THEY NOT HAVE SEALED WAGONS.

They will be the laughing stop around the police world. So funny. How do they save face on this one.

The Pattaya police don't have sealed trucks as they have no need of them normally, so what do you expect them to do? This isn't a police state where people are rounded up in large numbers and taken off to jail all the time.One more reason I like Thailand.

It smacks a little of Keystone Cops. Closed for 5 years? So what. They can open again somewhere else with a different name? The Manager/s and Owner/s should be BANNED from managing or operating any form of liquor outlet of any type for 5 years, if they really want to carry out enforcement. But hey, who's holding their breath? And now we can move on to the next joke coffee1.gif

Perhaps yes, but part of the reason I like Thailand. If it were like the overly officious police state's of the west where you are on CCTV all the time and liable to be stuffed about by the police for any of a long list of offences at any time it just wouldn't be sanuk and I wouldn't want to live here.

Perhaps yes, but part of the reason I like Thailand. If it were like the overly officious police state's of the west where you are on CCTV all the time and liable to be stuffed about by the police for any of a long list of offences at any time it just wouldn't be sanuk and I wouldn't want to live here.

I must say I have some empathy with your thoughts. But those in charge should just shut up and stop pretending they care if they are not going to get real about law enforcement. Their thinly veiled attempts at realism makes a joke of them.

But as the five trucks arrived at the station, they ran in all directions in bid to escape, forcing authorities to give chase. Only a handful of them was caught.
clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

So Bang Lamung children police station will faces shutdown soon.

Edited by tomacht8

I must say I have some empathy with your thoughts. But those in charge should just shut up and stop pretending they care if they are not going to get real about law enforcement. Their thinly veiled attempts at realism makes a joke of them.

It would be nice if they had decent roads and enforced the road code, but it's not going to happen as long as it's the Thailand we know and love. Gotta take the bad with the good.

"But as the five trucks arrived at the station, they ran in all directions in bid to escape, forcing authorities to give chase. Only a handful of them was caught."

Sounds like the BIB's have everything under control like usual, no corruption money to collect from the escaping kids why bother to catch them in the first place? And why is nobody pointing at the criminals on the picture?

"The chief officer said as Face Club operator has obviously defied the order of the National Council for Peace and Order head Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha by allowing underaged youths to visit, he would enforce the order of the military junta strictly under Section 44 to shut down the place for five years"

I'm not sure where this came from, but you do not shut a club or a bar down for 5 years.

If 5 years is in the verdict, the place is closed down forever.................wink.png

And IMO, the owners deserve to be closed down. Just so many things wrong in what they were doing if the allegations against them are true.

It would be nice if they had decent roads and enforced the road code, but it's not going to happen as long as it's the Thailand we know and love. Gotta take the bad with the good.

Or when it comes to the roads The rough with the smooth.

Best thing I've heard in a long long time..

Now do a follow up.. by not letting these owners bride their way out. Some jail timt a few million baht fine, close down the club and owners are not allow to open another club for 5 years. Set a example also put in a curfew, enforce the drinking age currently on the books. This club has been a problem for sometime. This Thai owners who care only about money has been contributing to the decline of their youth for generations.

Always been wondering about bars employing ladies from Eastern Europe in Walking Street. How do they survive with the strict rules?

What rules? If they're able to get a work permit, they should be ok. I imagine it's a job requiring fluent "East European" and other skills Thais don't possess.

In mentioning the potential punishment the word ' faces ' is used which is common along with ' might ' or ' could '.

So the club faces closure but as usual here the question is will it actually happen ?

14 year old customers found in South Pattaya Nightclub during raid

bar-6.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Thursday, a raid of a South Pattaya nightclub revealed 14 year old customers and the venue is now set to be closed for up to 5 years as the District Chief uses new powers given to him by recent amendments to the law.

District Licensing Officers, Police, Customs Officers and Army personnel took part in raids on 6 venues during the night and two of the venues are now facing further legal action.

The Dance Fever Pub off the South Pattaya Road was the first venue to be raided after complaints from nearby residents suggested the music levels were too high and the venue was open after its licensed operating hours. Customs officers found boxes of untaxed imported Whisky which was confiscated and the two Thai managers at the venue were arrested and taken to Pattaya Police Station. No other irregularities were found at the venue.

The second venue to encounter problems was the Face Club, also off the South Pattaya Road, which was the last venue to be visited by the team of officials. At the time of the raid, over 120 people were inside and it was determined that only 6 of them were over the age of 20, the rest were under the legal age required to visit a licensed venue. Some of the patrons were found to be as young as 14 and were consuming Alcoholic beverages.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/205467/14-year-old-customers-found-in-south-pattaya-nightclub-during-raid/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-31

Unbelievable - considering what was recently proposed, they thought nothing of having kids drinking. Usually people seeing what was happening around them would think to keep a low profile and at least make sure ppl were of age.

They should never be allowed to open again.

First of all the kids should have all been in handcuffs. And second, good on them for shutting down the bar. Law and order can be a good thing for a society.

Don't blame the kids so much, as who didn't want to drink when they were under the legal age. Maybe not 14 though.

First of all the kids should have all been in handcuffs. And second, good on them for shutting down the bar. Law and order can be a good thing for a society.

I doubt if the cops have 10 handcuffs between them, let alone 100.