Decent M/C helmet recommendations

jonnyscot

I can't stand those GIVI ironing boards, I have an MRA windscreen, it's rather similar to the stock screen, I got given it as it's missing the x-creen extension.

I don't believe that big is best, there is some science involved in the MRA screens, air enters a slot at the bottom and creates a vortex, wind flowing over the top of the screen is pushed up and over your head ( I'm not that tall ) by the vortex.

I used the stock screen for 5 hours, my head was pushed and pulled all over the show, with the MRA screen it was completely different ride. I would suggest go for new screen and extension if you have the readies.

I'm up your way in October, maybe we need a Versys meet up for the day.

I'll check out that MRA screen, did you but it locally?

I'd certainly look forward to the versys meet if it ties in with my work rota,, I'm away to work on Thursday, should be for 8 weeks,, I should be back in Suphanburi sometime around 9th-10th October

No man, they don't have a Thai distributor as far as I know. Like I say, it was a gift.

I think eBay is the best place to find them. The shipping seems to be a lot cheaper with eBay sellers.

Have you joined Versys Market TH on Facebook - and theres a couple of other groups worth joining, you will find local made copies of brand name products - There is a guy called X_Wolf on FB who makes some screen extensions, maybe they are only for the GS, but he's a helpful guy, maybe he has some ideas.

Cheers for the great info recom273, closed my FB a number of years back, too much past cr@p following me around,, guess it's time to open up a new one or I can get my wife to join the versys one,, seems to be quite a few sellers via FB nowadays,

Ok early start today, a ride up to kanchanaburi for breakfast

There is a very lengthy thread on here about helmets, from a safety aspect "real" are just as good as helmets 4x their price, as for noise it really is all about fit, you will never get rid of wind noise but a good fit can reduce it

• 2 weeks later...

The best helmet is the one that fits your head perfectly, on saying that I bought a Shark race carbon pro as it was a good fit on my head..................plus it was bright red like my bike, 18500 baht got 10% discount off bigwing off that price, cant spend frugally when your heads on the line