Early mornings at Chiang Mai Immigration?

NancyL

^ "Use a visa service or move; those are the only real options."

A third option is to get the paperwork in order, make an appointment, and spend well under two hours there - as I have done for my retirement extension since the appointment system has been in effect.

How about someone providing an intermediate service where you pay, say 500-1000, to just make the appointment for you? That's really almost all the value offered by agents and what many people seem to have trouble with.

Edited by amexpat

^ "Use a visa service or move; those are the only real options."

A third option is to get the paperwork in order, make an appointment, and spend well under two hours there - as I have done for my retirement extension since the appointment system has been in effect.

How about someone providing an intermediate service where you pay, say 500-1000, to just make the appointment for you? That's really almost all the value offered by agents and what many people seem to have trouble with.

The online immigration queue system has been non-functional for a couple of weeks now. No ETD on when - or if - it will return.

It makes me believe that these visa services are in league with immigration.The harder immigration make it for us to renew our visas the better it is for these visa service people.By making us go there at 5 am and wait outside for 3 hours and then there is no guarantee of getting a number that day can only be a good thing for visa service companies.I would love to know if back handers are involved. Just a thought.

I have thought this for over a year now. The online booking has become a rat race to get a booking which it had never been before. I did float this idea on TV at the time and all the nutters came out of the woodwork and hammered me "this is Thailand accept it or leave it blah blah blah" but I think they are growing a bit silent now. I still think that there should be some line of communication open with immigration to express not our grievances but lets say suggestions to streamline the process. Of course that would mean a trip to Bangkok as all decisions are made there apparently. The visa service people are definitely gaining in popularity. Maybe a list of them along with prices should be posted so we can decide for ourselves. A lot of people I talk to use them because they are paranoid about filling out the form and missing some small detail to only have to go back to square one and after all we are dealing with a person face to face and well that in itself can be a problem depending on their mood.

Apparently, the Immigration presentation at the CM Expat Club, was nothing more than a dog and pony show. Then to add insult to injury, the new immigration office are requiring people to sit outside, while waiting to be processed.

If that isn't bad enough, the Thai Immigration web site is not available. This means we are unable to book an online appointment.

Queue online - a success IF -

they allocated more staff for appointments

they allocated more slots to book online

Theoretically, queue online has great merits. Application thereof - BIG disappointment!

At Prom today for a 90 day report. i arrived at 13:00 and they couldn't process it. Quota had been filled for the day. Staff advised to arrive at 08:00 for a 90 day report.

Boy this thing just goes from bad to worse. I have arrived at 13.00 hrs many times and have been in and out in an hour and a half at most and this is the low season.