Call for help from Mother of disabled teenager in East Pattaya

webfact

Call for help from Mother of disabled teenager in East Pattaya

help-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- On Thursday we visited a 19 year old man, who sustained a major brain injury in a road crash 9 years ago which left him severely disabled, and his Mother who is struggling to cope following the death of her Husband 2 years ago.

Khun Pawana aged 47 is the full-time carer of her son, Khun Surasak aged 19, who was involved in a serious road accident when he was 10 years old. The crash left him with permanent brain damage which left him severely disabled and bed-ridden.

Since the accident his Mother and Father cared for him but two years ago his Father tragically died from bone cancer, which left Khun Pawana alone and the sole carer of her Son, who requires 24 hours-a-day care.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/207945/call-for-help-from-mother-of-disabled-teenager-in-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-08-07

Thailand is a really wealthy country, problem is, it's just a few that own it.

If I was her I'd get onto a TV channel and ask them to visit her house, she'd almost certainly get some Celebrities who would help her out with donations, of course the publicity does them no harm either.

Good luck to her, I hope she gets some help.

Makes ones own problems pale into insignificance.

My thoughts to jacko45k. I worry if the rain floods my garden or the Pound drops in value against the Baht. This lady has all the problems one can only imagine . I hope she gets funds to help , she is strong in spirit but needs financial help. Come on someone in Pattaya put a couple of boxes out in bars . Loose change please to help out.

Thailand is a really wealthy country, problem is, it's just a few that own it.

If I was her I'd get onto a TV channel and ask them to visit her house, she'd almost certainly get some Celebrities who would help her out with donations, of course the publicity does them no harm either.

Good luck to her, I hope she gets some help.

Who told you Thailand is a really wealthy country? They were lying! If Thailand is really wealthy, how would you classify Gabon, Botswana, Mexico and Romania- rolling in dough?

This case has nothing to do with submarines or Thailand being a wealthy country. It's a case like so many cases and the keyword is "family". In most cases it's a stubborn family or a family without sufficient knowledge about facilities on offer for cases like this: schools, special homes, charity. Shame and loss of face will keep this situation ongoing.

Probably another accident that could have been avoided . We mostly hear about the deadly accidents in the news, but think about all the injuries caused by traffic accidents every week. It's a shame really that nobody cares about safety on the roads here.

My 13 year old is severely mentally disabled, while she is well cared and looked after by her rather large family, there is zero help from the Thai government.

This family's particular situation is an example of how the government is failing to care for its needy citizens. Extremely sad.

Poor woman. Must feel helpless.

Edited by soihok