If you ate only one dessert every year, what would it be in Pattaya?

Jingthing

Please be as specific as possible.

Ideally what it is and WHERE to buy it.

I only eat one dessert every year ... on my birthday.

This is because I do not physically crave them anymore ... but I do still find them appealing on a mental level to have one once a year.

So I'm wondering for you dessert lovers who can't imagine only having one a year, IF you were restricted to one time a year in Pattaya, what EXACTLY would you choose?

Emphasis on quality rather than quantity (no interest in eating an ice cream sundae the size of a house). Money is no object but I don't see the point in eating a solid gold cake either.

Other than that, it can be ANY class of dessert ... cakes / cookies / ice cream / gelato / pastries , etc. etc.

If I don't get any better ideas, I may just go for a simple combination of two gelatos (flavors depending on what they have) at that gelato place in Royal Garden Mall. I used to like the gelato there. Is there a better place for gelato now?

Another idea is the Sicilian cannoli at Made in Italy Jomtien which is imported from Italy. Anyone tried it?

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone import Cannoli , unless its their shells they bring in , Ferraras Bakery in NYC makes them and does that in USA , but I own a set of Tubes that help u make your own shells , then I make my own Ricotta Cheese , and add the flavors I wish it to be...usually a Vanilla and a Chocolate. The best Cannoli , I ever had were in NEW ORLEANS @ Angelo Brocato's , great Italian Ices too ! Incredible Ice Cream. They both are great Dessert places !

My pick tho , Pistachio Ice Cream would be my pick of Desserts if I weren't a Type 2 Diabetic ! with a Reese's peanut butter Cup on top ! My favorite all time candy !

In Pattaya , I have no idea but will have to pick my Apple Pie or NY Cheese Cake I make at our house but I'm in Naklua LOL can that count?

post-35854-0-16135400-1439198653_thumb.j

post-35854-0-36438800-1439198665_thumb.j

post-35854-0-32321900-1439198704_thumb.j

post-35854-0-59976700-1439198720_thumb.j

Bud's Rum And Raisin ice cream from Food Mart on corner of Theprsait.

Take baht bus from 2nd Rd, ride on back of baht bus holding on to rails, jump off at the corner of Thepprasit, get Bud's from Food Mart, if totally desperate, eat outside on the wood bench in front of Food Mart. I recommend putting Bud's little can in a pocket, take a baht bus on Theprasit towards Sukhumvit, get off at night market. By the time you reach market the Bud's Rum And Raisin ice cream has reached perfect state of semi meltedness for your maximum eating pleasure.

Not only is this the best dessert, but possibly the best thing about Pattaya.

(Don't forget to get a little plastic spoon at Food Mart, they are free!)

Edited by whitemouse

Thanks so far.

This is starting to get interesting.

I'm not going to make anything myself.

On Bud's Ice Cream, well if was to do a commercial ice cream I would probably go for Ben and Jerry's instead. Picking a flavor would be hard though.

That New Zealand ice cream chain is good here too ... are they still open at Central?

That apple dessert looks great, but being American, I don't get too excited about anything with apples, not exotic enough.

I do love an alcohol poached pear dessert but that's kind of even too "healthy" for my purposes here.

Thanks so far.

This is starting to get interesting.

I'm not going to make anything myself.

On Bud's Ice Cream, well if was to do a commercial ice cream I would probably go for Ben and Jerry's instead. Picking a flavor would be hard though.

That New Zealand ice cream chain is good here too ... are they still open at Central?

That apple dessert looks great, but being American, I don't get too excited about anything with apples, not exotic enough.

I do love an alcohol poached pear dessert but that's kind of even too "healthy" for my purposes here.

"That New Zealand ice cream chain is good here too ... are they still open at Central? "

yes they are with some interesting flavours like English Toffeesmile.png

In Malaysia that chain did an incredible dessert ... fresh durian blended with ice cream in a thick shake. OMG. I've seen the same shake concept here but not with durian. If they did it with durian with their great ice cream, that would be the pick. But they don't.

Edited by Jingthing

There is a branch of this place in Central: http://www.creamandfudge.com/menu/ I've not tried it yet (very tempted to since it signed up with eatigo) but the pictures look good.

Of course one big problem with desserts/patisserie (especially outside of the European heartland they spring from) is that they often look much better than they taste.

I've never had a bad gateau at the Hilton and if you went there for lunch I suppose you could have a very small serving of several different ones and call it one dessert. It wouldn't cost any more than the buffet does either.

I think I missed the ya ice part. Oops. I think I'll pass on the hard drugs, thank you very much.

Speaking of which, like most humans, I think chocolate is great.

But to me just chocolate cake or chocolate ice cream is boring.

A special chocolate dessert would be some kind of fusion of cake, crunchy candy, pastry, and cream.

I've had Italian desserts like that.

Pan Pan Italian restaurant Jomtien used to have great dessert case ... and always some chocolate stuff.

http://www.panpanpattaya.com/Mooflow/Italian-food-images/torta-al-cioccolato.jpg

Actually, I'm sure I could do a lot worse than one of their cake thingies along with a scoop of gelato ...

How about carrot cake? Where is town has the BEST carrot cake?

Edited by Jingthing

Cheese cake with blueberry jam on top is really good at Starbucks, but maybe not special enough to qualify for once a year treat.

Ben and Jerry ice cream is nowhere as good as Bud's Rum And Raisin. Same for Haagen Daez and Mövenpick, both not as good. Mövenpick is especially sucky considering the price. Do not underestimate Bud's Rum And Raisin!

A scoop of Ben & Jerry's "I dough I dough" ice cream.

From the B&J website.......

Across the country and around the globe, the movement for marriage equality is on an unstoppable roll, generating history-making victories, game-changing wins and growing waves of public support for legalizing same-sex marriage everywhere.

With this ruling, the SCOTUS recognizes the bond of love and commitment between two people, and protects the fundamental rights and freedoms that come with it.