Govt confident more tourists will arrive in Thailand this year

webfact

Pure propaganda !

Interesting, and you base this on what facts?

Got any official tourist arrival figures you can produce? Anything tangible to back up your statement. Anything at all, but don't say "I stayed at a hotel and the room next to me was empty so the tourist numbers have gone down". That was used already on TVF and quite frankly is embarrassing that they have to resort to that to back up their "Pure Propaganda" statement.

So without further adu......I look forward to your facts.

It should be obvious even to you that a totalitarian government, that doesn't allow conflicting information into the public domain, will massage the figures to suit themselves. There are no facts here, just make believe figures to make the regime look like the bog's dollocks.

Goodness me. You don't need to have confidence when looking at official tourist arrival figures.

If anything the govt are being a bit reserved in their prediction.

FACTS...Gotto love em.

What Thai Government agency operating under the current administration is the source of these alleged facts?

Pure propaganda !

Got any official tourist arrival figures you can produce? Anything tangible to back up your statement. Anything at all, but don't say "I stayed at a hotel and the room next to me was empty so the tourist numbers have gone down". That was used already on TVF and quite frankly is embarrassing that they have to resort to that to back up their "Pure Propaganda" statement.

It should be obvious even to you that a totalitarian government, that doesn't allow conflicting information into the public domain, will massage the figures to suit themselves. There are no facts here, just make believe figures to make the regime look like the bog's dollocks.

I agree with you but there is no attempt to censor Thai access to international media. You'd have to be a loony bird not to fact check with the international media or TV news poster whistling.gif

Maybe there should be a little communication between them to identify target markets, develop effective marketing strategies for exploiting them, and setting up some intelligent KPI instead of just arrival numbers to monitor success?

cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif y

Sorry, but the idea of strategies on the behalf of the TAT is laughable. I work in the industry, mostly government work for two other ASEAN countries and looking at the level of professionalism in Thailand is cringeworthy

just landed back in swampy, through immigration In 5 mins, a few years back you could add 40 mins to that, mainly Koreans Chinese, Japanese, not so many

westerners. So just the usual b/s from tat.

Edited by metisdead
Corrected the slur for Japanese

"More than 17 million tourists have visited the country, spending around 818 billion baht during their stay. The government believed there would be more tourists arriving in the country than what the Ministry of Tourism and Sports has projected by 1 million people."

I have always suspected that the figures provided by Tourism and Sports were inflated and now the Government is inflating them more ?

Not sure how many foreigners are living here, but if the figure is 1,000,000 and 50% of them need to cross the border every three months to re-validate their visa's then 2,000,000 of those tourists are not really TOURIST'S !

"More than 17 million tourists have visited the country, spending around 818 billion baht during their stay. The government believed there would be more tourists arriving in the country than what the Ministry of Tourism and Sports has projected by 1 million people."

I have always suspected that the figures provided by Tourism and Sports were inflated and now the Government is inflating them more ?

Not sure how many foreigners are living here, but if the figure is 1,000,000 and 50% of them need to cross the border every three months to re-validate their visa's then 2,000,000 of those tourists are not really TOURIST'S !

Don't count your chickens..........Re weakening THB,offset by devaluation of yuan,

regards Worgeordie

yuan devalued 2% after it increased value 15%....

And another 1.6% today with rumors of more to come....biggest drop in a long time.

Yes, but even if the yuan was to devalue a total of 20% against the dollar, it would still mean that Pattaya has loads of Chinese tourists ! :)

Nothing is going to cause a mass reduction in the number of Chinese tourists in Pattaya, or Thailand.

Maybe there should be a little communication between them to identify target markets, develop effective marketing strategies for exploiting them, and setting up some intelligent KPI instead of just arrival numbers to monitor success?

cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif y

Sorry, but the idea of strategies on the behalf of the TAT is laughable. I work in the industry, mostly government work for two other ASEAN countries and looking at the level of professionalism in Thailand is cringeworthy

Which two other ASEAN countries are you talking about ? :)

Okay, lets look at GDP per person in the ASEAN countries. Yes, Singapore and Malaysia have GDPs per person that are higher than Thailand's. But, oh look. Burma, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Phillipines, Indonesia, they have all got GDPs per person that are considerably lower than Thailand. Basically, if you look at the entire population of ASEAN, GDP per person and average income per person in Thailand is actually pretty good. Please note that Singapore's high GDP per person has almost zero impact on ASEAN's average GDP per person. That's because Singapore's population is almost insignificant.

If the people of Vietnam and the Phillipines are much more 'professional' than the Thais, yes, Vietnam and the Phillipines might catch up with Thailand's GDP per person in about twenty years time ! :)

I think that somebody must have put some "magic mushrooms" in the staff canteen food at Govt. house. They are seriously deluding themselves if they think that tourism will be up this year whistling.gifwhistling.gif

They are in charge of counting sooo they can arbitrarily set the numbers. How about 30 million for a nice round number.

Hey! Maybe the government is right as I am also planning to spend a few weeks in Thailand

this Winter. I am not sure where they got the 300,000 Americans, but maybe that will be

the bunch on R and R from the Middle East as they continue to go after ISIL there.

I just hope the Canadian Dollar will recover a bit before I go, or else the Baht will lower

a bit yet. Guess time will tell.

Maybe a little to confident

Firstly they may want to realign there counter parts, in the system of love :)

Immigartion need a swift kick in the ass and meal restrictions for burning the falangs and treating them like garbage... The word traveled fast and now your left with empty buses loud Chinese that no one wants

So yes it may pay to think positive although your far from repair son

Hey spray some Indians white and pretend......................................... :)

Goodness me. You don't need to have confidence when looking at official tourist arrival figures.

FACTS...Gotto love em.

Absolute bullshit LOL......

Those damn Americans.

Such hypocrites.

First they criticize you. Then they come and spend money in your country.

tongue.png

Not to mention us persky type Yanks that are retired, live here full time and spend a fair amount of cash each month. :)

Don't count your chickens..........Re weakening THB,offset by devaluation of yuan,

regards Worgeordie

yuan devalued 2% after it increased value 15%....

And another 1.6% today with rumors of more to come....biggest drop in a long time.

Yes, but even if the yuan was to devalue a total of 20% against the dollar, it would still mean that Pattaya has loads of Chinese tourists ! smile.png

Nothing is going to cause a mass reduction in the number of Chinese tourists in Pattaya, or Thailand.

I think the devaluation is part of more serious trouble in China. Hard to figure out what's going on there as the media is tightly controlled, but the stock market has hurt millions and the economy is probably only doing 4% growth or so. Some actually say there is no growth. Either way, it's not enough to keep up with population growth. Troubles like these keep travelers home.

But so far! There are still a bunch here in Pattaya! laugh.png

If tourism can sustain 100% of GDP growth, who needs a 33-member Cabinet and PM?

All Thailand needs is a Minister of Tourism to run the country and police to keep unruly and impolite tourists in line. Immigration can report to the Minister of Tourism. Collapse the size and cost of the Thai government by 90%!

Pure propaganda !

Perhaps the current administration has been around long enough that we can create Prayut's Law: All Government facts are fiction till proved otherwise.

FACTS...Gotto love em.

Still waiting more than a day later for the source of your "facts". You're not going to say TAT is your source, are you? You would never recover on ThaiVisa from that. I'll hang it up and see what tomorrow brings.