90 day reports by mail.. stopping ?

LivinLOS

I reported on another thread a day ago. I mailed my 90 day paperwork in on 7 Sep. Rec'd a call on 8 Sep to report to I/o at arpt. Was told by I/o officer Mr Amnant that he'll do the report for me this time, but in the future must go to pramanada. My receipt had a number included in the lower right hand corner - this assumed as a marker that they will not do another mail in for me at arpt. So next, off to pramanada,UNLESS this is allsorted by 3 Dec.

This is entirely inconsistent with what the big boss Col. Rutjapong told me on Wednesday. He said they are not stopping 90 day reports by mail.

Is there something unusual with your visa extensions -- like was it done in another province? Or are you on a visa and not an extension? I'm trying to figure out if there is something at all unusual about your situation.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reported on another thread a day ago. I mailed my 90 day paperwork in on 7 Sep. Rec'd a call on 8 Sep to report to I/o at arpt. Was told by I/o officer Mr Amnant that he'll do the report for me this time, but in the future must go to pramanada. My receipt had a number included in the lower right hand corner - this assumed as a marker that they will not do another mail in for me at arpt. So next, off to pramanada,UNLESS this is allsorted by 3 Dec.

This is exactly what happened with me.There was nothing wrong with the form or its completion and the address is north of Maerim. We were told they will accept by mail no more. The report was for my 93 year old mother. I will mail my report in next month based on all these positive reports that there is no problem but I prefer to hear from someone from Chiang Mai who has actually sent in a report in the last week and got it back done as normal

I took a friend to Promenade yesterday to immigration and took the opportunity to ask the officer (who was doing the 90 day reports) whether mail in still accepted. I was careful to stress - mail ins to the airport location . Her reply was a definite yes, you can still mail in.

NancyL. There was nothing wrong with my paperwork/extensions. Doing retirement extensions. I've been living in Thailand for 10 yrs, doing these reports. Live in Nong Hoi. Everything was in order. It was my first mail in I ever done, you know why, get away from the crowds at the P. I've read all the posts regarding this subject. Hope we can get this situation solved once and for all. BTW, I arrived at 4 p.m. and not many customers at all. Girl just sitting at 90 day counter. When the officer pulled out my envelope from under the counter, it looked like there were only one or two other envelopes in the bin. Point is - seems they are not real busy and should be accepting the mail-ins.

On another note. It would be nice and at least help those out living near the I/offices, just to have a "drop" box where those that prefer, can drop their 90 day reports in the box, let's say 10 days prior to due date. Of course include a pre-addressed return mail envelope. Just a thought and wondering if this method was ever suggested.

Bring the passport in before 11:00 and they will have an appointment in the afternoon. Sounds to good to be true.

Yes, good to know that the relevant and lucrative work relatonships betweem agents and immigration could be established in so short time.

Stupid alien feeds both and likes it. Win-win-win. All good on the happiness front :)

Bring the passport in before 11:00 and they will have an appointment in the afternoon. Sounds to good to be true.

Yes, good to know that the relevant and lucrative work relatonships betweem agents and immigration could be established in so short time.

Stupid alien feeds both and likes it. Win-win-win. All good on the happiness front smile.png

As I said sounds to good to be true but I will give it a shot next week and get back with the details of how it went. I unlike many of the posters here am retired and it is not that big of a deal having time to watch a movie. Seems to me they had an announcement system working to call people yesterday. Not sure what that was I just heard them calling some one.

My 90 Day Report is due on September 13. On September 1 I sent in my papers to the Old Immigration Office. I registered the letter to Immigration but used normal mail for the return mail. I haven't received the return letter yet with my 90 day slip so I am starting to get worried. In the past the return has only taken 3 to 5 days.

If I don't receive the 90 day slip by next Monday (Sept 14) I am planning to go to the Old Immigration Office some time during the day (not at 5 am.) with the receipt of the registered letter sent. Has anyone else faced a similar problem recently?

I went to Airport Immigration today to see what happened to my 90 day report which I mailed in to Airport Immigration 12 days ago.

The clerk pulled out a clear plastic bag which contained around 40 to 50 90 day report letters. Mine was near the bottom of the pile. It had been processed but not sent out. I now have the slip in my passport but was told many times that from now on I would have to go to Promenada.

NancyL. There was nothing wrong with my paperwork/extensions. Doing retirement extensions. I've been living in Thailand for 10 yrs, doing these reports. Live in Nong Hoi. Everything was in order. It was my first mail in I ever done, you know why, get away from the crowds at the P. I've read all the posts regarding this subject. Hope we can get this situation solved once and for all. BTW, I arrived at 4 p.m. and not many customers at all. Girl just sitting at 90 day counter. When the officer pulled out my envelope from under the counter, it looked like there were only one or two other envelopes in the bin. Point is - seems they are not real busy and should be accepting the mail-ins.

On another note. It would be nice and at least help those out living near the I/offices, just to have a "drop" box where those that prefer, can drop their 90 day reports in the box, let's say 10 days prior to due date. Of course include a pre-addressed return mail envelope. Just a thought and wondering if this method was ever suggested.

I was in yet another meeting today about how to make Chiang Mai attractive for long-stay retirement. Two of Col. Rutjapong's second-in-commands where present and I posed the question about whether mailed in 90 day reports were being stopped and was told once again, that no, it's the way they'd like for everyone to report. They did stress having all the documents correct, sending the TM 47, mailing in 15 days before the due date, etc.

I wrote out your report, Jimmy, complete with the name of the Imm. officer who said you had to go to Prom. in the future and gave it to them.

Interestingly, a Thai lady also said that she takes care of 90 day reports for a foreigner and he had received a similar call and been told he had to go to Prom. in the future to file in person.

I was in yet another meeting today about how to make Chiang Mai attractive for long-stay retirement. Two of Col. Rutjapong's second-in-commands where present and I posed the question about whether mailed in 90 day reports were being stopped and was told once again, that no, it's the way they'd like for everyone to report. They did stress having all the documents correct, sending the TM 47, mailing in 15 days before the due date, etc.

I wrote out your report, Jimmy, complete with the name of the Imm. officer who said you had to go to Prom. in the future and gave it to them.

Interestingly, a Thai lady also said that she takes care of 90 day reports for a foreigner and he had received a similar call and been told he had to go to Prom. in the future to file in person.

Too bad you didn't have an opportunity to ask when immigration was going to bring the online queue back online. I saw where immigration has their own visa service located next to their Promanada office. Maybe they would rather we use their visa service instead of being able to make our appointments online. It is good to hear they are going to continue the 90 day reports by mail.

First off, just would give a big thanks to NancyL. For all she's doing and done to help the expat community here in CM.

Hopefully the word will get to the I/o's at the arpt location that they should/will continue the 90 reporting by post. A great relief to hear that.

And I will ask. Nancy, did you get any feedback, positive or negative, the reason why 1 yr extension appointment system was discontinued and if they will reinstitute it?

Well, Pol. Senior Sargent Suranut "Kung" was there -- she's the lady who was part of the presentation Immigration did at the CM Expats Club in October 2014. She wasn't the one speaking, but she was there taking pictures. I didn't get the name of the officer who said to continue to mail in the 90 day reports, but he's between her and Col Rutjapong in rank.

The key thing is that YOU should get the name of Immigration officials who tell not NOT to mail in 90 day reports and to report in person at Prom. instead. If you want to mention a name when someone tells you not to mail in your report, say that Col, Rutjapong has told Khun Nancy, president of the CM Expats Club that the members should continue to send their 90 day reports by post.

Edited by NancyL

As for reasons why the on-line queue was discontinued -- it's basically because it wasn't working properly, was overwhelmed and can't accommodate two locations.

I don't get a sense it was because they want us all to work with agents.

As for whether it will get "fixed". I think that may have to be a grassroots effort, rather than waiting for Bangkok to do anything.

As for reasons why the on-line queue was discontinued -- it's basically because it wasn't working properly, was overwhelmed and can't accommodate two locations.

I don't get a sense it was because they want us all to work with agents.

As for whether it will get "fixed". I think that may have to be a grassroots effort, rather than waiting for Bangkok to do anything.

Of course it was overwhelmed - they only offered 10 slots! Should've been 10 slots for walk-ins, the rest for appointments. 2 locations wouldn't matter.

Well, Pol. Senior Sargent Suranut "Kung" was there -- she's the lady who was part of the presentation Immigration did at the CM Expats Club in October 2014. She wasn't the one speaking, but she was there taking pictures. I didn't get the name of the officer who said to continue to mail in the 90 day reports, but he's between her and Col Rutjapong in rank.

The key thing is that YOU should get the name of Immigration officials who tell not NOT to mail in 90 day reports and to report in person at Prom. instead. If you want to mention a name when someone tells you not to mail in your report, say that Col, Rutjapong has told Khun Nancy, president of the CM Expats Club that the members should continue to send their 90 day reports by post.

Nancy...i have the name of the officer who told me NOT to send 90 days report by mail because service has stopped, and GO to Promenada and apply in person instead the very same morning you were there....now i should start a war against the officer that received my 1 year extension, which is under consideration?

As i read until now, we are back to square one, somebody send and accepted, somebody send and not accepted etc., since my next 90 days is due on oct.8, and i leave for Phuket on sep.26, i don't want to risk to be called to imm. for apply in person after i sent by post, so i don't see other option if not apply in person next time in Promenada, hoping that in the meanwhile situation goes back to normal again...

The next time someone on Thai Visa asks me why I use an agent, instead of just mailing it in my reply will be, because it works.

Sent er indoors 90 day report by ems on Tuesday morning after failing to do it online.

Confirmation received back by return ems today.

It works.

Mods it is obvious the mail in still works for those who fill the forms in rite and include a self addressed envelop with them. Time to close this thread down as it is just going to spread the idea that it doesn't work no matter how many examples of it working are shown.

I'll be sending mine in in about a week and will wait for the result before closing. Doesn't hurt to have a bit more statistics on it. smile.png

Mods it is obvious the mail in still works for those who fill the forms in rite and include a self addressed envelop with them. Time to close this thread down as it is just going to spread the idea that it doesn't work no matter how many examples of it working are shown.

I'll be sending mine in in about a week and will wait for the result before closing. Doesn't hurt to have a bit more statistics on it. smile.png

I'd be willing to bet it works just fine for you. wink.png

I'd be willing to bet it works just fine for you. wink.png

I am getting more optimistic after seeing current reports. Perhaps the CM immigration head whispered in the ear of the IO that kept saying you can't. biggrin.png

Be sure to fill the form in correctly and have a SASE with it. LOL

Edited by northernjohn

Be sure to fill the form in correctly and have a SASE with it. LOL

I stamp both envelopes with registered mail, which costs the princely sum of 36b. I usually get it back within a week.

Have you tried online reporting? You may be within the '8 day window' about now.

Have you tried online reporting? You may be within the '8 day window' about now.

Online is a no-go (tried multiple times, every possible combination) for me due to having 3 passport changes and last entry into Thailand was in 1993. Since it appears they 'purge' the database records every few years, last report of resetting it was for 2013, no record of me in it. Would need to leave the country and re-enter to possibly use the system. Even then, the 1st 90 day report after coming back in has to be in person. So as long as mail in works, I'm happy enough. I am considering a vacation to Siem Riep maybe later this year though. smile.png