Buying new PCX in Surat Thani ! HOW?

GayaTree

Hi there !
We are planning to buy a new Honda PCX 150 to drive it in Samui and Pangan.
Questions : 1. Can i buy it on my name with multi entrance Thai tourist visa and how difficuilt is this process ,what paperes do i need if i have normal European driving licence ?

2. Where to do it cheaper way?

Thanx a lot for ur feedbacks and good energy :)

1. You will need a letter of residency from Immigration or from your Embassy. (Samui immigration will issue one for 500 baht)

2. Probably in Surrathani town, but if you can not speak Thai you probably best of buying it at the Honda shop in Maenam, Samui.

Residence Certificate from Immigration and you don't need to show driver license. As mentioned its best to buy new from Honda dealership. They issue and fit a red number plate immediately after you pay and pick your bike while you wait and off you go. They will phone you when your green book ( registration doc ) arrives already in your name and then they fit the permanent white plate.

Edited by CapeThai

Residence Certificate from Immigration and you don't need to show driver license. As mentioned its best to buy new from Honda dealership. They issue and fit a red number plate immediately after you pay and pick your bike while you wait and off you go. They will phone you when your green book ( registration doc ) arrives already in your name and then they fit the permanent white plate.

Red no plate?????????

Red no plate?????????

Yes, all new cars and motor bikes are first fitted with a red number plate which is a temp until the vehicle or bike is registered in your name, it then only get its permanent white plate. You never seen bikes and cars driving around with a red number plate ?

Red no plate?????????

Yes, all new cars and motor bikes are first fitted with a red number plate which is a temp until the vehicle or bike is registered in your name, it then only get its permanent white plate. You never seen bikes and cars driving around with a red number plate ?

I have bought one new truck, and yes, it had a red plate, I have bought four new motorbikes in ten years, one in Bangkok, and neither had red number plates.

When I got my PCX all was good including payment until they realised I was on a Tourist visa, and only then was I told "cannot do". I put it in the name of the Thai girl that was helping me (she was an employee at the time). My GF was quite upset that I didn't put it in her name (turned out to be a wise move). My understanding was that a 1 year visa would have been okay. I'm not familiar with the above solutions of getting a certificate of residency so can't comment on that part.

I had to pay 100 baht per month for the red plate, and it took 3 months(!) for them to get around to dealing with the proper plate and green book.

Red no plate?????????
No never seen. Wife and I just bought a Grand Filano new at Yamaha dealer, no "temp tag".