Aussie arrested after drunken rampage in Thailand

webfact

Aussie arrested after drunken rampage in Udon Thani

au.jpg
image: Khaosod.co.th

UDON THANI:-- An Australian man spent a night in the cells after going on a drunken rampage in Udon Thani.

Jason Mark Walsh, 38, had to be restrained by officers after becoming violent following an argument with his girlfriend and her family.

According to Thai news site Khaosod, Mr Walsh had been persuaded to travel to Udon Thani to the visit the family of his girlfriend, who he had met approximately one month earlier in the popular resort of Pattaya.

Apparently, Mr Walsh and his girlfriend were going to announce their plans to get married to his her parents and the rest of the family.

However, several hours after arriving at the family home, it is alleged that a now drunk Mr Walsh got involved in an argument with his girlfriend and other family members, which resulted in Mr Walsh leaving the family home and returning to the B2 Boutique Hotel in Udon Thani town centre.

Upon his return to the hotel, the report in Khaosod states that Mr Walsh became aggressive towards a group of local teenagers and hotel staff, before the police were called.

As the fracas continued, it is alleged that Mr Walsh started shouting abuse and spitting at the first police officers to arrive at the scene.

Finally, Mr Walsh had to be restrained by six police officers before being taken to the local police station, where officers thought it was best for Mr Walsh to spend a night in the cells and sober up.

Mr Walsh was released without the charge the following day.

The story was originally reported by Khaosod on 14 September.

Source: Khaosod

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-21

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that some farangs seem to leave their brains at the airport?

That being said, I can imagine the discussion with her family about Sinsod and the buying up of land/property/gold/cars/motorbikes and iPhones for all the cousins would be enough to send even the most reasonable of men a bit crazy.

Throw alcohol into the mix and this is the result.

A night in the cells vs a life of torment at the hands of inlaws.

Sounds like the Aussie guy had a lucky escape.

"to the visit the family of his girlfriend, who he had met approximately one month earlier in the popular resort of Pattaya"

"to announce their plans to get married to his her parents and the rest of the family"

Gee - what could go wrong ?

"According to Thai news site Khaosod, Mr Walsh had been persuaded to travel to Udon Thani to the visit the family of his girlfriend, who he had met approximately one month earlier in the popular resort of Pattaya.
Apparently, Mr Walsh and his girlfriend were going to announce their plans to get married to his her parents and the rest of the family."

Getting arrested was probably the best thing which could happen to this moron.

while the girls are really good at hiding their contempt, the other family members are not so practiced.

especially the brothers. they really have a hard time with the charade.

like condos in Thailand, lets hope this man and his issues go back to renting.

What is it with these idiots and wanting to marry bar girls within weeks of knowing them? Back when I first moved here I met an American that married one and within a few months he was completely cleaned out and went back to the States. The thing is this bloke was in his fifties and coming to me for advice! (in my early 20s at the time)

Do they leave their common sense at the airport?

all we know he went beserk......not what happened to him when he announced his wedding plans.

That , reveiling the true nature of their relationship, together with bannok costums and the money supposedly involved.........could have triggered his behavior.

Anyway...lesson learned i hope!

Australians "Lol"​

Hopefully we are not all like the bozo in the op !

Regarding what happened to the guy, it would never happen to me. For one thing I have never been to Pataya to fall in love with a bar girl, and secondly I think the only good thing about UT is the road out of the place ! clap2.gif

I thibk this Aussie may be more uirelligent than given credit for. The Thai police must not have felt he was a threat, even though the paper mention 6 policemen involved. He must have been polite to them as no fine mentioned , they got him away from the potential in law leeches, put him up for the night where the pattaya girlfriend could not get her claws into him futher and yurned him loose in morning. Maybe the police hyad experience with the Thai family in the past.

Hope he had sense enough to go to bus station or airport , get out of ''dodge'' and detour around the area of pattaya where he met this lovely potential mother of his futher offspring.

What is it with these idiots and wanting to marry bar girls within weeks of knowing them? Back when I first moved here I met an American that married one and within a few months he was completely cleaned out and went back to the States. The thing is this bloke was in his fifties and coming to me for advice! (in my early 20s at the time)

Do they leave their common sense at the airport?

Yes

Australians "Lol"​

Hopefully we are not all like the bozo in the op !

Regarding what happened to the guy, it would never happen to me. For one thing I have never been to Pataya to fall in love with a bar girl, and secondly I think the only good thing about UT is the road out of the place ! clap2.gif

Does not have to be Pattaya .Being GAy (I dont know if you are ) would be helpful ;-)

What is it with these idiots and wanting to marry bar girls within weeks of knowing them?

Come on, She probably has told him every three minutes she 'love him too mut'

He probably never had an Aussie girl say that ,so he wanted to believe it .

Jason Mark Walsh, eh?

Does anyone know if he is related the guy who used to post on here as Dave (the Walt) Walsh (among many other names),

The picture on this report shows Mr. Walsh on a balcony, if my memory serves me correctly our Dave Walsh also spent some time on a balcony at the Iranian Embassy during his time with the Regiment (SAS). biggrin.png