Any recommendations where to buy new sofa or couch?

craigt3365

We lost ours during the flood. It was from Ocho and we quite liked it. We're heading over to Big C Extra to see what they've got up on the 2nd floor now. We popped into the new Index store, but nothing really caught our eye. Plus, the better models there are quite expensive!

There's a fair one outside Thai Watsadu, and they've got some interesting options. We're not looking for anything super expensive, but also don't want a cheap one.

Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations!

What do you mean by "outside" Watsadu? AFAIK there's a car park outside.

Outside the front door as you walk in, on the right. Not sure they'll be there much longer. Lease is up today and not sure if they will renew it.

Funny never spotted it.

We tried that place behind Big C South Pattaya, in the old Duck Square, but the stuff is really cheap and poorly made. Plus, some crazy colors! LOL

Some of the furniture that's made for Thai tastes is excruciatingly hideous and you'd want to hang yourself after a week of living with it. I'm talking contemporary furniture, not old school handmade stuff.

Have a look at Ikea's website. Whilst their stuff is certainly not to everyone's taste it does tend to be well-made. So if you happen to like something they do it may be a good bet.

I got a mattress there that was very good quality and very good value.

Have a look at Ikea's website. Whilst their stuff is certainly not to everyone's taste it does tend to be well-made. So if you happen to like something they do it may be a good bet.

I got a mattress there that was very good quality and very good value.

I am also an Ikea fan got quite a nice sofa from there good quality too. Ikea does have quality not only cheap crap. Most of the stuff I bought there was actually quite good (but never went for the really cheap stuff)

There was a thread on this a while back. Somebody recommended the sofa people by Home Pro in the Big C Extra mall, apparently they'll make to order whatever you want. I think their office or main shop is over on the Dark Side somewhere. If you're going to the Home Pro place, Craig, maybe ask for their details and simply design a new one yourself.

Ikea has some good options. The one I like is just a bit too big at almost 3x3 meters. Another has the lounger part on the wrong side.sad.png

Unless the lounger part has an armrest it can be switched quite easy. What i liked about the Ikea ones was that you could take the filling out and wash the outer parts.

There was a thread on this a while back. Somebody recommended the sofa people by Home Pro in the Big C Extra mall, apparently they'll make to order whatever you want. I think their office or main shop is over on the Dark Side somewhere. If you're going to the Home Pro place, Craig, maybe ask for their details and simply design a new one yourself.

That's what we did with the sofa we lost. Had Stephen Ocho custom build it for us. Added a foot or so to the lounger side so we can lay down without our feet hanging over! LOL

It wasn't that much money and was an OK sofa. I think it was 34k or so. But I believe Ocho is gone now?

We'll be at Big C Extra today!

Thanks!!!!!!!

I bought a very nice cloth-covered sofa, 23k baht, from Living Index. Very happy with it. But I had some covers made for the arm rests, head rests and a kind of blanket for the lounger part. The material was from that very good place in the laneway next to Tukcom. Local lady did the sewing.

OK. Did the rounds today. Index and Chic Republic have some nice stuff, but a bit more expensive than the shop outside HomeWorks in Big C Extra. And not flexible. The guy outside HomeWorks lets you pick the fabric, change the layout/size, etc. Takes 3 weeks to build. We got a quote for 28k for a very large (280x180) L shaped sofa. The "lounger" part has a back that reclines. Pretty nice.

We didn't buy today, but will be back on Friday after looking at all the other places. I like some of the stuff at Chic Republic a lot. A bit more expensive though. Very nice store!

Thanks for all the replies!

OK. Did the rounds today. Index and Chic Republic have some nice stuff, but a bit more expensive than the shop outside HomeWorks in Big C Extra. And not flexible. The guy outside HomeWorks lets you pick the fabric, change the layout/size, etc. Takes 3 weeks to build. We got a quote for 28k for a very large (280x180) L shaped sofa. The "lounger" part has a back that reclines. Pretty nice.

We didn't buy today, but will be back on Friday after looking at all the other places. I like some of the stuff at Chic Republic a lot. A bit more expensive though. Very nice store!

Big C Extra 2nd floor -excellent

go to home-pro at big c

I think the OP meant Home Pro - Home Works is next to Big C South Pattaya on Suk?

You could also have a look at Decorum - for inspiration and just to see how silly prices can be.......wink.png

Sorry, I get confused with all these HomePro/Works/Mart. LOL. The one we liked so far is the 2nd couch place outside HomePro in Big C Extra. Super nice guy and working with us to make it just the way we want! 3 week delivery, but that's ok.

I love Decorum. Just too expensive for me!

Things were moving so quickly, we weren't thinking clearly and gave the couch to our maid. I'm super worried about mold as I've got my 90 year old mother here, with late stage Alzheimer's.

The maid immediately took the couch. LOL The next day said it cracked in half. Unfortunate for her as her house was flooded up to her waist. And again yesterday, but just a bit....

Before you buy at Chick Republic, remember to register for a membership card, you'll get 5% discount on all furniture except the heavily discounted items. I bought my leaher recliners there on sale , best quality I've found for that price. Edited by balo

Our first sofa was cheaper and it was uncomfortable (stiff) so the second time around I was not going to let cost deter me from getting a comfortable sofa and recliner.

We found our sofa and recliner, which I sit in everyday, on the 2nd level of Big "C" Extra next to the Green "K" bank across from Home Pro. This store is inside a shop, not out in the middle area where people walk, though those sofas appear to be comparable.

Yes, they are expensive, but if you consider how often you sit on them and if you want to be comfortable then I find the cost justifiable, just like a good mattress where you spend 1/3 of your life. I think ours was something in the neighborhood of 20,000 for the sofa and we are quite pleased with it. Our recliner cost 12,500 and I though as much as I use it the fabric would be torn by now, but it is still holding up well and the mechanic parts of the chair are also holding up well.

I do not believe our sofa is unique. I see ones like ours in many places, but I never looked at them due to price the first time around. Now I would not consider anything else, but sofas in this price range.

I like two places better than Index... it is the place down the road next door to the Chevy dealership. There is another across Sukhumvit from Index just before Soi Siam Country Club road.

Good luck

One is Chokchai, right? We've gotten quite a bit of stuff from them over the years. Great store.