US: Multiple deaths in school shooting in Oregon State

webfact

I don't know. All I know is he didn't kill any. He only killed Christians. True or false?
Ahahaha. You say he didnt kill any muslims yet dont even know if any where there. Thats priceless.

Hey he didnt kill any martians either so he only had it in for earthlings.

I don't share your humor at the killing of Christians. He asked the students if they were Christian and shot the Christians in the head killing them. Only Christians. Not Muslims or Jews or Buddhists. He only killed Christians. He didn't ask if the students were members of an organized religion. He only asked if they were Christians and then the shot the Christians in the head killing them.

The humour is from the twisted logic you try to explain.

How many buddhists or jews where there?

Its a bit hard to kill denominations that arent there.

But keep going.

She lay on the floor with her arms in front of her and heard the shooter say: “You, in the orange shirt. Stand up. What religion are you? Are you a Christian?”

When the student answered, Lacy told her father, “I heard, Daddy, I heard a pop, and then the thud of a body that just hit the ground.” The gunman asked the same question of another student and shot them, too, she said.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-oregon-shooting-20151004-story.html

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. All I know is he didn't kill any. He only killed Christians. True or false?

Ahahaha. You say he didnt kill any muslims yet dont even know if any where there. Thats priceless.

Hey he didnt kill any martians either so he only had it in for earthlings.

I don't share your humor at the killing of Christians. He asked the students if they were Christian and shot the Christians in the head killing them. Only Christians. Not Muslims or Jews or Buddhists. He only killed Christians. He didn't ask if the students were members of an organized religion. He only asked if they were Christians and then the shot the Christians in the head killing them.

The humour is from the twisted logic you try to explain.

How many buddhists or jews where there?

Its a bit hard to kill denominations that arent there.

But keep going.

She lay on the floor with her arms in front of her and heard the shooter say: You, in the orange shirt. Stand up. What religion are you? Are you a Christian?

When the student answered, Lacy told her father, I heard, Daddy, I heard a pop, and then the thud of a body that just hit the ground. The gunman asked the same question of another student and shot them, too, she said.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-oregon-shooting-20151004-story.html

And...... If they were all christians then he could only kill christians. That fact seems to elude your logical thinking.

And to think you own guns.

To refer to something you responded to me with before.....you dont live there, havent done so for years. Why does it bother you, what makes you think your view should be considered when you dont even live there?

However, conflicting reports emerged about Harper-Mercer's words as he shot his victims.

Stephanie Salas, the mother of Rand McGowan, another student who survived, said she was told by her son that the shooter asked victims whether they were religious but did not specifically target Christians.

Salas said it was like telling the victims "you're going to be meeting your maker."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Survivor-Gunman-spared-lucky-one-to-give-6548897.php

The shooter was obviously mentally ill. Mentally ill people often have issues with religion. More commonly they think they ARE Jesus or something like that. This was a variation on that. He was no Islamic Jihadist ... there are enough real ones, OK?

Edited by Jingthing

And...... If they were all christians then he could only kill christians. That fact seems to elude your logical thinking.

And to think you own guns.

To refer to something you responded to me with before.....you dont live there, havent done so for years. Why does it bother you, what makes you think your view should be considered when you dont even live there?

He did not kill those who told him they were not Christians. 7 other people who did not identify as being Christian were shot but not killed.

I only post to correct your errors in fact.

However, conflicting reports emerged about Harper-Mercer's words as he shot his victims.

Stephanie Salas, the mother of Rand McGowan, another student who survived, said she was told by her son that the shooter asked victims whether they were religious but did not specifically target Christians.

Salas said it was like telling the victims "you're going to be meeting your maker."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Survivor-Gunman-spared-lucky-one-to-give-6548897.php

The shooter was obviously mentally ill. Mentally ill people often have issues with religion. More commonly they think they ARE Jesus or something like that. This was a variation on that. He was no Islamic Jihadist ... there are enough real ones, OK?

Quote from your link, "If they said they were Christian, he shot them in the head," Willis said, citing the account given by her granddaughter.

However, conflicting reports emerged about Harper-Mercer's words as he shot his victims."

The Aussie contingent seem to be having quite a lot of pedantic fun with the death of the 9 innocents.

My opinion is he was probably an atheist.

Many of the atheist persuasion are probably capable of doing such a thing and they certainly hate religions.

Edited by chuckd

The Aussie contingent seem to be having quite a lot of pedantic fun with the death of the 9 innocents.

Many of the atheist persuasion are probably capable of doing such a thing and they certainly hate religions.

Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't. But the key word is he was INSANE. There is nothing to worry about with a radical Atheist movement that adopts an ideology of murdering believers in anything. Like an atheist Isis. it's not happening and it's never gonna happen ... so chill pill time.

As far as how Christians are trying to spin this, I think there is still evidence to gather and what was in that LETTER he left ... has that been released to the press or what? ... but I reckon he would have have shot anyone professing belief in any religion in the head, based on multiple reports that he was talking about "having religion" in general as well as asking about Christianity.

Edited by Jingthing

Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't. But the key word is he was INSANE. There is nothing to worry about with a radical Atheist movement that adopts an ideology of murdering believers in anything. Like an atheist Isis. it's not happening and it's never gonna happen ... so chill pill time.

As far as how Christians are trying to spin this, I think there is still evidence to gather and what was in that LETTER he left ... has that been released to the press or what? ... but I reckon he would have have shot anyone professing belief in any religion in the head, based on multiple reports that he was talking about "having religion" in general as well as asking about Christianity.

10 who did not say they were Christian were not killed. What do you reckon they said?

10 who did not say they were Christian were not killed. What do you reckon they said?

That they were non believers, agnostic, atheist. Take your pick. Perhaps they were not killed as they did not believe in an organised religion. As the killer stated.

That they were non believers, agnostic, atheist. Take your pick. Perhaps they were not killed as they did not believe in an organised religion. As the killer stated.

Perhaps. The media will not tell us because?

I do not hate religion or the religious, just feel sorry for them in their delusions.

Read another report suggesting he wasn't an atheist, but obviously INSANE.

The eye witness report said he said WE WILL ALL BE MEETING SOON to the people he was shooting in the head proclaiming that they either "have God" and/or were Christian.

Do you get the importance of the word WE?

He was including himself in believing in an afterlife. Hardly an atheist thing to say.

Edited by Jingthing

To those few who are still attempting to make out this was an Islamist terrorist act.

If he were an Islamist terrorist of some sort, if he specifically targeted Christians because of this; why no mention of it by him anywhere?

Not at the time, not on his blogs etc., not in the letter her left behind?

Why no cries of "Allah Akbar!" so common in actual atrocities carried out by Islamist terrorists?

Also, why target just Christians? If indeed that's what he did; eyewitness accounts do not all agree on this point; hardly surprising, I doubt anyone was taking detailed notes!

Why not target Jews as well, in fact all non Muslims?

Why have an obsession with the IRA and not ISIS?

In reality, everything points to Harper-Mercer being mentally unbalanced man with an obsession with firearms, shared with his mother, who should never have been allowed anywhere near a gun.

Gunman in Oregon college massacre committed suicide

The New York Daily News reported that the gunman's mother, Laurel Harper, had stockpiled firearms, fearing stricter gun laws and had sought out a shooting range that would let her and her son shoot without supervision.

Shelly Steele, who hired Harper, a nurse, to care for her own son, told the newspaper Harper "said she had multiple guns and believed wholeheartedly in the Second Amendment and wanted to get all the guns she could before someone outlawed them."

Harper also told her Harper-Mercer was "sickly" as a child, had "mental problems" growing up and suffered from Asperger's Syndrome......

.....Late on Friday, it emerged Harper-Mercer was once turned away from a Los Angeles-area firearms academy by an instructor who told Reuters he found him "weird" and "a little bit too anxious" for high-level weapons training.

To those few who are still attempting to make out this was an Islamist terrorist act.

If he were an Islamist terrorist of some sort, if he specifically targeted Christians because of this; why no mention of it by him anywhere?

Why no cries of "Allah Akbar!" so common in actual atrocities carried out by Islamist terrorists?

Also, why target just Christians? If indeed that's what he did; eyewitness accounts do not all agree on this point; hardly surprising, I doubt anyone was taking detailed notes!

In reality, everything points to Harper-Mercer being mentally unbalanced man with an obsession with firearms, shared with his mother, who should never have been allowed anywhere near a gun.

The New York Daily News reported that the gunman's mother, Laurel Harper, had stockpiled firearms, fearing stricter gun laws and had sought out a shooting range that would let her and her son shoot without supervision.

Shelly Steele, who hired Harper, a nurse, to care for her own son, told the newspaper Harper "said she had multiple guns and believed wholeheartedly in the Second Amendment and wanted to get all the guns she could before someone outlawed them."

Harper also told her Harper-Mercer was "sickly" as a child, had "mental problems" growing up and suffered from Asperger's Syndrome......

.....Late on Friday, it emerged Harper-Mercer was once turned away from a Los Angeles-area firearms academy by an instructor who told Reuters he found him "weird" and "a little bit too anxious" for high-level weapons training.

Maybe I missed it but who in this thread wrote the shooter was an "Islamist terrorist." I said he may be Muslim based on the fact that Muslims have been killing Christians since 1095 but I certainly didn't mean to imply he was an Islamist terrorist like the Muslims that have killed thousands of Americans in the past 15 years. I agree with you if an Islamist terrorist he would have been asking for Jews too. Makes no sense to me that he has an obsession with the IRA all of the IRA supporters I know in America are Christian.

I am hearing there really was a letter that the shooter left in the killing room but now I'm wondering why the content of the letter hasn't been released. Keep in mind the local top cop there has some pretty bizarre right wing politics and doesn't even want the name of the shooter broadcast. Is it possible this letter is being suppressed? It's not exactly a murder mystery. We know who done it.

Surely the content of that letter would have strong evidence about the shooters motivations and more about the details of the nature of his definite insanity.

Edited by Jingthing

I am hearing there really was a letter that the shooter left in the killing room but now I'm wondering why the content of the letter hasn't been released. Keep in mind the local top cop there has some pretty bizarre right wing politics and doesn't even want the name of the shooter broadcast. Is it possible this letter is being suppressed? It's not exactly a murder mystery. We know who done it.

Surely the content of that letter would have strong evidence about the shooters motivations and more about the details of the nature of his definite insanity.

You would think someone in the media would have the brains to be asking the same thing. Or someone in an online blog or some alternative news source. But I can find nothing. Not even the question of why it has not been released.

I would bet the letter totally refutes the "war on Christians" label that right wing Christians are trying to paint this mass shooting as related to. Remember, it's an election year.

Either that or it totally refutes the Obama gun control thing and it's a Christian hate crime. Remember it's an election year.

But it is nice that we both agree that the truth should out and the information be released.

Edited by lostoday

Maybe I missed it but who in this thread wrote the shooter was an "Islamist terrorist." I said he may be Muslim based on the fact that Muslims have been killing Christians since 1095 but I certainly didn't mean to imply he was an Islamist terrorist like the Muslims that have killed thousands of Americans in the past 15 years. I agree with you if an Islamist terrorist he would have been asking for Jews too. Makes no sense to me that he has an obsession with the IRA all of the IRA supporters I know in America are Christian.

Memory problems?

You wrote 'Muslim shooter' and later 'Muslim shooting Christians' .

Why are some people still, despite all the evidence to the contrary, desperately trying to 'prove' he was a Muslim?

The implication is clear; it is because they are also, for their own reasons, desperately trying to 'prove' that his horrific crime was motivated by his being a Muslim and thus he had a desire to kill Christians; i.e. he was some sort of Islamic terrorist; even if acting alone.

Muslims have been killing Christians, and Christians have been killing Muslims since well before 1095. Read some history.

But that, and the current activities of ISIS and others, does not, of course, mean that all, or even a significant minority, of Muslims and Christians today have any desire to continue the mutual slaughter; they don't.

Even though America illegally invaded Muslim states and in the course of those illegal wars killed far more Muslims than Americans killed by Muslims.

As you are so certain that Harper-Mercer was a Muslim; provide some evidence other than that he asked some of his victims if they were Christian.

Why are some people still, despite all the evidence to the contrary, desperately trying to 'prove' he was a Muslim?

The implication is clear; it is because they are also, for their own reasons, desperately trying to 'prove' that his horrific crime was motivated by his being a Muslim and thus he had a desire to kill Christians; i.e. he was some sort of Islamic terrorist; even if acting alone.

Muslims have been killing Christians, and Christians have been killing Muslims since well before 1095. Read some history.

But that, and the current activities of ISIS and others, does not, of course, mean that all, or even a significant minority, of Muslims and Christians today have any desire to continue the mutual slaughter; they don't.

Even though America illegally invaded Muslim states and in the course of those illegal wars killed far more Muslims than Americans killed by Muslims.

As you are so certain that Harper-Mercer was a Muslim; provide some evidence other than that he asked some of his victims if they were Christian.

I guess you don't read so good eh? You wrote, " i.e. he was some sort of Islamic terrorist; even if acting alone" I wrote, "I said he may be Muslim based on the fact that Muslims have been killing Christians since 1095 but I certainly didn't mean to imply he was an Islamist terrorist like the Muslims that have killed thousands of Americans in the past 15 years."

You wrote, "As you are so certain that Harper-Mercer was a Muslim;" I wrote, "I certainly didn't mean to imply he was an Islamist terrorist like the Muslims that have killed thousands of Americans in the past 15 years."

When and if the authorities release the documents he provided before killing himself we shall see what his motivations were. Now the best we can do is ask who would likely be killing Christians?

Lostoday,

In other words, you have no evidence other than your own prejudices. Prejudice which causes you to ignore the known facts.

Would a Muslim say "We will all be meeting soon" to Christians as he killed them?

No; not even if he intended to kill himself as well. A radical Muslim would believe he would be going to heaven, whilst the Christians would be going to hell.

He'd be wrong, as the Koran forbids murder.

Lostoday,

In other words, you have no evidence other than your own prejudices. Prejudice which causes you to ignore the known facts.

Would a Muslim say "We will all be meeting soon" to Christians as he killed them?

No; not even if he intended to kill himself as well. A radical Muslim would believe he would be going to heaven, whilst the Christians would be going to hell.

You better send ISIS an email quick...........

Why? He has never tried to justify what ISIS does. They are terrorists, thats simple.

He also should not need to trying to protect his 'chums' in this thread as this has nothing to do with muslims. Just some trying to say it is with no evidence at all.

If you know of anything that indicates this is about muslims then can you enlighten us?

The guy was insane, thats it.

Lostoday,

I'm not a Christian nor Muslim unlike you I have no dogs in this hunt. I'm only an impartial observer. What groups in the USA kill white/other/but not all black, Christians?

Lostoday,

I'm not a Christian nor Muslim unlike you I have no dogs in this hunt. I'm only an impartial observer. What groups in the USA kill white/other/but not all black, Christians?

Tell us who?

Then provide evidence to show why this guy did it.

Lostoday,

You better send ISIS an email quick...........

Why? He has never tried to justify what ISIS does. They are terrorists, thats simple.

He also should not need to trying to protect his 'chums' in this thread as this has nothing to do with muslims. Just some trying to say it is with no evidence at all.

If you know of anything that indicates this is about muslims then can you enlighten us?

The guy was insane, thats it.

He may be insane, but on that day he chose religion to do his dastardly deed..

It was mentioned above a 'book' forbids murder which doesn't seem to be the case, hence my ISIS comment.

What religion was did he chose to be to do the deed?

The book does forbid murder. ISIS does not follow true Islam.