Russian air strike hits terrorist training camp in Syria, say defence officials

webfact

It's getting worse:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/05/syrian-insurgent-groups-vow-to-attack-russian-forces

“A unit of Russian volunteers, conflict veterans, will probably appear in the ranks of the Syrian army,” Komoyedov said. “What brings volunteers there besides the cause? Of course, it’s probably money.”

Gotta love the spin they put on it. "volunteers". LOL Being paid by Russia:

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2015/1005/Russia-may-pay-volunteers-50-per-day-to-fight-in-Syria-against-ISIS

Interfax-AVN quoted unnamed media reports as saying that such volunteers could make $50 per day.

I'll pay 'em $51/day and they can come over and fight for my side.

Note: Each day, thousands of foreign backpackers show up in California to earn $150 to $300/day trimming pot buds. Maybe the Russkie fighters could find a groovier and more lucrative way to earn money.

And in other news Saudi clerics call for Jihad against Russia for bombing their ISIS brothers. Hmm.

Seems the West supposedly bombing ISIS was OK as weren't really trying to hit anything.

Russia is bombing ISIS for their own reasons of course but at least they are doing something and the body count is going up.

It's been long suspected US, Saudi, Turkey and Israel have been offering support and training to those mongrels to destabilise Syria. US Senator also admits US has been funding terrorism.

Now Europe will pay the price with Islamisation . Add to that all killing & destruction, the rabid executions and thousands of women and young girls kidnapped, raped and delivered into slavery.

Beats me how anyone can justify this type of evil or choose to swallow the propaganda. Media on all sides are spinning this, but the Western media just tells outright lies. My own countries support for the US narrative also disgusts & shames me.

Not suspected. Widely reported that the US, Saudi Arabia and Turkey are supporting the Syrian rebels. All 3 are asking for Assad to step down so peace talks can begin with the myriad of opposition groups.

Also widely reported the US has been funding rebel groups fighting against Assad.

Weapons are pouring into Syria via Russia because of their veto in the security council that was trying to stop arms sales. No weapons means less killing. Right?

Western media telling lies? Really??? Please provide a link...

BBC, as usual, has some insightful (not inciteful) articles. here's one dated Oct. 1

It articulates how, among other things, Russia getting active militarily in the conflict zone, will likely bring many more recruits to ISIS. Though all Arab hot heads chant 'death to America' ...they actually harbor a deeper hatred for Russia. America is always a fashionable object to hate, but any Arab worth the rag on his head would love to immigrate to the US (plus they listen to American pop songs and watch Hollywood movies). But none would want to immigrate to Russia.

Lol the lamest old platitude in the book. "if we use violence then it will lead to more extremists" This isn't 2001 anymore.

All ' sources ' are biased to some extent …look at arguments from both sides whistling.gifwhistling.gif

clap2.gif

The directive is not necessary thx anyway.

I'd posted to the matter numerous times at various threads. Your post says the same thing my posts say. Which sources are credible is the salient issue, not whether I read diverse media. I read a lot of right wing and pro-Putin shit thx.

I do get a lot from it thx.

As Gen Patton exclaimed as he surveyed his victory at Kasserine Pass in North Africa, "Rommel, you b@st@rd, I read your book!"

4-Star General Wesley Clark noted:

In 1991, [Paul Wolfowitz] was the Undersecretary of Defense for Policy – the number 3 position at the Pentagon. And I had gone to see him when I was a 1-Star General commanding the National Training Center.

And I said, “Mr. Secretary, you must be pretty happy with the performance of the troops in Desert Storm.”

And he said: “Yeah, but not really, because the truth is we should have gotten rid of Saddam Hussein, and we didn’t … But one thing we did learn [from the Persian Gulf War] is that we can use our military in the region – in the Middle East – and the Soviets won’t stop us. And we’ve got about 5 or 10 years to clean up those old Soviet client regimes – Syria, Iran, Iraq – before the next great superpower comes on to challenge us.”

By bombing Isis, Al Nusra and other jihadis in Syria who are focused on overthrowing Russian ally Assad, Putin has put an end to the Wolfowitz doctrine.

All ' sources ' are biased to some extent …look at arguments from both sides whistling.gifwhistling.gif

clap2.gif

The directive is not necessary thx anyway.

I'd posted to the matter numerous times at various threads. Your post says the same thing my posts say. Which sources are credible is the salient issue, not whether I read diverse media. I read a lot of right wing and pro-Putin shit thx.

I do get a lot from it thx.

As Gen Patton exclaimed as he surveyed his victory at Kasserine Pass in North Africa, "Rommel, you b@st@rd, I read your book!"

4-Star General Wesley Clark noted:

In 1991, [Paul Wolfowitz] was the Undersecretary of Defense for Policy – the number 3 position at the Pentagon. And I had gone to see him when I was a 1-Star General commanding the National Training Center.

And I said, “Mr. Secretary, you must be pretty happy with the performance of the troops in Desert Storm.”

And he said: “Yeah, but not really, because the truth is we should have gotten rid of Saddam Hussein, and we didn’t … But one thing we did learn [from the Persian Gulf War] is that we can use our military in the region – in the Middle East – and the Soviets won’t stop us. And we’ve got about 5 or 10 years to clean up those old Soviet client regimes – Syria, Iran, Iraq – before the next great superpower comes on to challenge us.”

By bombing Isis, Al Nusra and other jihadis in Syria who are focused on overthrowing Russian ally Assad, Putin has put an end to the Wolfowitz doctrine.

Wolfowitz got shipped out to head the World Bank where they don't have an army to play with. In the end Wolfowitz had no military doctrine and left behind a discredited policy of pre-emptive attack.

Mixing and mangling opposites such as ISIS and al Nusra further indicates how broad brush reckless Putin and his fanboyz are in their Syria chaos and ME brinksmanship. The point of clarity is that there are Syrian Muslims in Syria who fight against Assad and are not jihadists or followers of a strict Sharia law. Putin and his fanboyz call them terrorists whereas Nato governments call them 'moderates.' Each term completely misses the point that these fighters are Syrian nationalists who have good working relations with Israel, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the Gulf states, the EU and the United States, which is quite an accomplishment.

ISIS in contrast comes at us from the gates of hell as does Putin.