Hillary Clinton promises to outdo Obama on gay civil rights ...

Jingthing

Pretty darned impressive.

The promises anyway.

Not sure how to deliver all of that but at least she says she wants to.

Also of interest here is her interest in these issues INTERNATIONALLY as well.

If Hillary Clinton is elected president, she'll have a number of promises to keep to LGBT voters, thanks to a lengthy agenda of protections she pledged to push for in a major speech this weekend.

Speaking to the Human Rights Campaign in Washington, D.C., on Saturday, the Democratic presidential front-runner foresaw a seismic shift in the way LGBT people are treated not only in the U.S. but also around the world.

http://www.advocate.com/election/2015/10/06/10-promises-hillary-clinton-just-made-lgbt-americans

At least she says it. That results in a chance that at least some of these issues will be implemented if she gets elected. Election promises are always more than can be realistically accomplished, but you have to aim higher anyway.

I am not sure what Mr Trump says about LGBT equality. Let's see:

http://www.glaad.org/trump

Donald Trump on marriage equality:

"I'm not in favor of gay marriage. They should not be able to marry."

"I just don't feel good about it. I don't feel right about it. I'm against it… I'm opposed to gay marriage."

[/unquote]

Thanks, I'd rather have Mrs Clinton's talks.

I can't predict the future but on this point I'm certain.

That agenda of promises has got the be the most comprehensive pro gay civil rights proposed program announced by a MAJOR presidential candidate in American history. Possible in the history of any country as the reality is what other country than the USA has such a strong attitude (like it or not) that it's their business to influence the WORLD on such matters?

Hillary has been criticized as coming late to the party on GLBT civil rights (even later than Obama who also delayed taking action for obvious political reasons) ... but late or not, she's now deep into this big time.

I give Obama due credit in all this. He has "evolved" into the most important president in the history of American GLBT civil rights (SO FAR) and it was under Obama that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton started to embrace these issues, perhaps most dramatically in her "Gay rights are human rights" speech at the U.N.

Edited by Jingthing