Cyberactivists, Thai govt don't blink on 'Single Gateway'

webfact

Cyberactivists, Govt Don't Blink on 'Single Gateway'
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen

14443089181444309694l.jpg
Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha yesterday at Government House in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — Six days before online dissidents threaten escalated attacks on government web servers, Thailand’s military government insists it is impossible to meet their demands.

A government spokesman today repeated that the project to route all internet traffic through a single point of control cannot be rescinded – as online activists demand – because it was never authorized in the first place.

“I insist the prime minister has never ordered the single gateway to be implemented,” Maj. Gen. Sansern Kaewkamnerd said. “It was only mentioned as an interesting example for discussion. There were also other topics that were talked about but never put on the record.”

Gamers, Geeks on Epic Quest for Internet Freedom

Since Oct. 2, those organized online against the project have insisted the government capitulate by issuing a cabinet resolution canceling plans for the project to funnel all IP traffic through a single gateway. They point to a series of legally binding resolutions issued since June 30 which authorized the project and urged responsible agencies to “speed up” its implementation.

If that doesn’t happen, they have vowed to take down government web services, as they succeeded doing in a coordinated, crude attack on Sept. 30. A number of agencies' services failed after they were overwhelmed by users reloading the sites in their browsers.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1444308918&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-10-09

first of all, there is nobody in this current government that has any clue what they are talking about when it comes to IT infrastucture .....fact

and, who ever is telling you that a single gateway is advancing Thailands IT infrastructure is telling lies or they have no clue either

expansion not contraction is what most countries aim for - the argument is usually who is gong to foot the bill

it seems in Thailands case they want to spend money to contract the IT infrastructure - honestly, how stupid is that

it's like buying the latest brand new SUV and paying someone to covert it to a one wheeled vehicle after he convinced you it would perform better ????????

stop this nonesense now

first of all, there is nobody in this current government that has any clue what they are talking about when it comes to IT infrastucture .....fact

and, who ever is telling you that a single gateway is advancing Thailands IT infrastructure is telling lies or they have no clue either

expansion not contraction is what most countries aim for - the argument is usually who is gong to foot the bill

it seems in Thailands case they want to spend money to contract the IT infrastructure - honestly, how stupid is that

it's like buying the latest brand new SUV and paying someone to covert it to a one wheeled vehicle after he convinced you it would perform better ????????

stop this nonesense now

Brilliantly stated!

Has anyone personally noticed a drastic change in their internet connection in recent weeks? frequent drop outs, slower than normal/usual?

A mate of mine who is a business man in Bangkok seems to think his connections have been degraded significantly much slower than normal, and has only happened in the last two to three weeks.

stop this nonesense now

Brilliantly stated!

"the project to route all internet traffic through a single point of control cannot be rescinded ... because it was never authorized in the first place."

Wouldn't that make it easy to rescind then? Issue an NCPO directive directing the government NOT to create a single point of control. Problem solved.

There were rumors of a damaged underwater cable from Hong Kong that slowed the internet. I am having trouble digesting that statement with this story and the countrywide internet slowdown.

If it smells like rotten fish, it isn't escargot.

the reason they can't meet their demands is that the gateway is already in place wink.png

Any evidence of that, or is it just your usual nonsense presented as fact again ?. Did you just decide it yourself because your internet is slow and your posting rate has suffered ?.

If it is just a blatant lie, I would say those kind of comments are exactly what Thailand does not need. There are plenty of people here spitting froth over their keyboards in rage because they believe anything they are told if it suits them.

Has anyone personally noticed a drastic change in their internet connection in recent weeks? frequent drop outs, slower than normal/usual?

A mate of mine who is a business man in Bangkok seems to think his connections have been degraded significantly much slower than normal, and has only happened in the last two to three weeks.

I have noticed a serious change for the worst in connectivity and speed over the past week - maybe someone's testing something.

Yes. Mine's dropping out every 5 minutes or so the past 2 to 3 weeks. Had the 3BB guys here a few days ago, said no problems.

Edited by 55Jay

Yes. Mine's dropping out every 5 minutes or so the past 2 to 3 weeks. Had the 3BB guys a few days ago, said no problems.

I'm using a Mac Mini and 30 gig from 3BB, and over the past week or so I've noticed a significant slowdown in things.

Type some really nasty stuff about the PM. If a squad of ninjas fast ropes out of a black helicopter through the living room window, you'll know the Single Gateway is in effect. laugh.png

Edited by 55Jay

A single gateway between Thailand and the outside world would not help the PM with his 'message control problems'. The malicious content he is so worried about emanates from within Thailand's borders.

They could completely cut off the gateway completely a la Egypt during the Arab spring, and it would effectively turn Thailand's network into an intranet. Wouldn't solve any of their problems.

stop this nonesense now

How simple are you?

The current government aren't the idiots, the idiots are the ones who take at face value the Juntas furious back pedalling from their now exposed plans to enhance their ability to censor the internet at their whim.

The nonsense that any half intelligent individual should be calling for a stop to is an unelected and oppressive regime riding roughshod over a nation and its people.

You should hand that medal back.

the reason they can't meet their demands is that the gateway is already in place wink.png

Any evidence of that, or is it just your usual nonsense presented as fact again ?. Did you just decide it yourself because your internet is slow and your posting rate has suffered ?.

If it is just a blatant lie, I would say those kind of comments are exactly what Thailand does not need. There are plenty of people here spitting froth over their keyboards in rage because they believe anything they are told if it suits them.

Nope it came from a leaked memo from the PM instructing the gateway to be in place by 30 September 2015 way back in July.

If you took your head out of other people's sphincters the information about this is out there. Do your own research !!

As for people spitting rage have you actually read posters here have noticed a significant change in their internet speeds in the past couple of weeks, are you calling them liars then?

Have you bothered reading other forums with regards to the same issues people are starting to notice?

And lastly I'm over seas so it's not my connection that sucks, but before I had no issues connecting with home via Skype or cover, now my wife keeps having connection issues via tru-move. So once again you post complete and utter drivel.

Type some really nasty stuff about the PM. If a squad of ninjas fast ropes out of a black helicopter through the living room window, you'll know the Single Gateway is in effect. laugh.png

Or if a black helicopter crashes in your back garden?

In that case, no Single Gateway is in effect it's just instability in above ground infrastructure caused by weather. Like thunder and lightning storms, which could also explain why the helo crashed in my back garden.

In that case, no Single Gateway is in effect it's just instability in above ground infrastructure caused by weather. Like thunder and lightning storms, which could also explain why the helo crashed in my back garden.

With English John as the crew chief!!

Thailand Internet has been degrading for months. A very volatile chart with a clear down trend. And it is not just bandwidth. It is ping times (latency) and connection delays/failures.

Thailand Internet has been degrading for months. A very volatile chart with a clear down trend. And it is not just bandwidth. It is ping times (latency) and connection delays/failures.

Sounds a lot like the chart tracking this government's progress and approval rating. clap2.gif

obviously this is part of the reason, thailand has been told to get ready by its master...anyone thinking the TPP is good needs their head checked (this is just 1 hidden point there are 1,000's more):

TPP copyright, file sharing provisions copy US law

A government spokesman today repeated that the project to route all internet traffic through a single point of control cannot be rescinded as online activists demand because it was never authorized in the first place.

Dear spokesman, I know English is not your first language, if you wish people to believe that the Junta has no intention to implement the single portal plan, just say; It is not going to happen, it was a hair brained idea that someone released into the public domain. That is called a denial, it is much more convincing than gobbledygook that no one understands.