Why is TV sooooooooo slow?

thaibeachlovers

Everytime I do anything it takes soooooooo long for the page to load. Whether it's changing from one thread to another or entering a reply to a post, I have to wait ages. Seems to be related to the ads taking soooooooo long to load. Only website I use that has the problem. Everything else loads instantly like I expect these days. However, TV is like the internet 15 years ago- waiting, waiting, waiting.

Never used to be like this.

Speed fairly normal (good) ... but what I have been getting this last week or so is it opens to what I would call a "skeleton page" not every thing showing and then have to refresh the page to get a normal view... (only on Thai Visa)

sometimes too lately, it "hangs" for several seconds, before loading either a good page or a skeleton view!~

Not sure what is causing that but can be a bit annoying !!! ? wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

I agree it used to be very slow. I had a crappy old 2005 year Toshiba laptop with little RAM and TV was horrendous. In Thailand, where I hop onto the internet using their computers at the cafes it was also slow. Here at work I have an HP Elite laptop and no issues at all. Click and go. At home I have a similar newer HP laptop and no issues. At home I run AVIRA as my anti virus real time protection and AdBLocker on Firefox. That's about it. I disable popups too. I don't think internet bandwidth is a big issue, unless you are using some very poor service

I agree it used to be very slow. I had a crappy old 2005 year Toshiba laptop with little RAM and TV was horrendous. In Thailand, where I hop onto the internet using their computers at the cafes it was also slow. Here at work I have an HP Elite laptop and no issues at all. Click and go. At home I have a similar newer HP laptop and no issues. At home I run AVIRA as my anti virus real time protection and AdBLocker on Firefox. That's about it. I disable popups too. I don't think internet bandwidth is a big issue, unless you are using some very poor service

Are all the ads on TV pop ups? How can I disable them?

I am using a 1 year old HP laptop and have no problem with any other sites, so not the ISP.

PS I just found the pop up blocker and it was set to block already. Any other way to block all the ads?

TV prefers it if the advertisers are visible and not blocked. This is therefore not subject to discussion.