Overstay since 2 years

I ve read that if i turn myself in to the idc ...then i only have to pay a fine to the Judge... BUT NOT have to pay 20K ...

can someone with idc experience confirm that ???

and

about how much that fine will be?? more likely 3000-5000 ?

and

once in idc ...will THEY find a flight for me (deportation) or can my family do the booking in Germany??

how much will that be ??? BKK-Frankfurt is usually between 350 to 500 Euro oneway...

Thank You for helping me

kap

You cannot "turn yourself into the IDC"

"THEY" will not provide a flight.

If you wish to experience the IDC turn up at a land border without the means of paying the overstay fine.

A judge may determine the fine be reduced but you will remain in the IDC until the fine is paid and you have an air ticket out of the country.

The German Embassy can/will liaise with your family regarding the required finance.

Would it not be more simple to ask your family for help before getting into trouble ?

True you cannot turn yourself into an IDC but you CAN turn yourself into BKK immigration as my friend did. BKK immigration then place you in an IDC till they take you to court. my friend was fined 1200 baht for his overstay and when he had a ticket was taken to the airport and placed on the plane. This took 4 days in total. As said he said he wouldn't do it again just to save the money

My advice would be to borrow the money to pay the 20,000 and a ticket out. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Buy a ticket, go to the airport, pay the 20,000 baht fine and go home. I normally hate the sanctimonious responses that overstay threads in this forum elicit but you're the lowest of the low, in my opinion, if you attempt to 'hand yourself in' just to save 15,000 baht or so. It's not a great deal of money: For a 2-year overstay, your fine will work out at just over 27 baht a day. Man up, borrow the money and leave. And find out the flight costs yourself; don't be so damn lazy.

I'm always wondering how these type of people been able to support themselves for two years in a row, yet no money for a return ticket nor fine.

Believe it or not where I live I've seen expats working and selling food outside the police station at the Amphur for a number of years every time there is a festival,maybe his operation will be closed down in the light of this proposed clampdown but I doubt it very much.

Many people scrape by I've witnessed it personally over the last few years.

Need to get out while the getting is good.

PM Prayuth to decide on tough new penalties for foreigners who overstay

post-137452-0-00902000-1445782911_thumb.
Image: Manager.co.th

BANGKOK:-- Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-Cha is considering whether or not to introduce new, stricter penalties for foreign nationals who overstay in Thailand, according to Immigration chief Pol Lt Gen Nathathorn.

Pol Lt Gen Nathathorn told reporters on Sunday the new rules on overstay being considered by the PM are as follows:

For an offender who cooperates and hands him or herself in to Immigration:

• Overstay of more than 90 days = barred from re-entering Thailand for one year.

• Overstay of more than 1 year = barred from re-entering Thailand for three years.

• Overstay of more than 3 years = barred from re-entering Thailand for five years.

• Overstay of more than 5 years = barred from re-entering Thailand for ten years.

For an offender who is arrested for overstaying their visa:

• Overstay of less than 1 year = barred from re-entering Thailand for five years.

• Overstay of more than 1 year = barred from re-entering Thailand for five years.

These penalties were first proposed in 2014 after Immigration officials informed the Interior Ministry that the existing penalties for overstay, which include a fine of 500 THB for each day of overstay, up to a maximum 20,000 THB, were not enough to deter people from overstaying in Thailand.

Currently people who overstay their visa can simply pay the fine and immediately return to Thailand.

The new, tougher penalties, which have been approved by the Interior Ministry, have been passed to PM Prayuth for his approval.

In 2013, more than 70,000 foreigners were charged with overstaying their visas.

Pol Lt Gen Nathathorn was speaking at the conclusion of the Immigration Bureau’s “Good Guys In, Bad Guys Out” operation, which resulted in more than 9,000 foreigners being held for overstaying their permission to stay in Thailand.

Source: Manager.co.th
- additional reporting from Ketsarin Kadlangka

thaivisa-news.png
-- © thaivisa.com 2015-10-25

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/865576-pm-prayuth-to-decide-on-tough-new-penalties-for-foreigners-who-overstay/

• Like 2

^ If (a big if) it passes there'll be a 60 day period before it actually goes into effect, that's how it usually works with ministerial changes. Not much of a hurry. ...

You are still posting advice based on Immigration law being changed by an elected legislature.

This is not the case in Thailand any more.

If you note, although it was the Immigration big wigs that were making the formal statement of pending changes to the handling of overstayers, they are quoting Prayuth per se, "Pol Lt Gen Nathathorn told reporters on Sunday the new rules on overstay being considered by the PM are as follows:..."

Heads-up or what?

• Like 1

Looks like a fair set of rules to me, especially the banning only after 90 days if you turn yourself in (unless you get caught).

Personally I only overstayed once for a day due to late booking of my plane ticket, no free seats on the day my visa expired.

If you haven't the cash to pay the 20,000 fine and are prepared to spend a bit of time in an IDC centre then it is cheaper so I am told from someone who did just as you say. he also said he wouldn't do it again so up to you as they say here. if you can get the 20,000 and a ticket just rock up and fly out without any problems. Oh and be prepared to get a load of crap from the holier than thou posters telling you that you are evil personified and making it oh so harder for everyone, though none of them has ever told me how this is wink.png

Exactly. This guy has intentionally overstayed for 2 years and then expects help from us to relieve the resulting pressure, is hoping to pay a bribe to the judge to save himself a deserved fine and seems to think the Thai govt will arrange a flight for him. I just wonder why he overstayed in the first place.

D4ZLLER, you will be okay at the airport. They may give you a bit of a grilling at least initially but I found them totally professional. You say that you are heading back home and from your post it seems to suggest that you are thinking that this means the end of your relationship. At the current time there is nothing to stop you from coming back reasonably quickly. I cleared a much longer overstay and flew to KL and returned 4 days later. The only change to that would be to get a visa rather than relying ob visa exempt entry.

• Like 1

Buy a ticket, go to the airport, pay the 20,000 baht fine and go home. I normally hate the sanctimonious responses that overstay threads in this forum elicit but you're the lowest of the low, in my opinion, if you attempt to 'hand yourself in' just to save 15,000 baht or so. It's not a great deal of money: For a 2-year overstay, your fine will work out at just over 27 baht a day. Man up, borrow the money and leave. And find out the flight costs yourself; don't be so damn lazy.

I'm always wondering how these type of people been able to support themselves for two years in a row, yet no money for a return ticket nor fine.

Nothing wrong with wondering but then, its really none of your business is it?

D4ZLLER, you will be okay at the airport. They may give you a bit of a grilling at least initially but I found them totally professional. You say that you are heading back home and from your post it seems to suggest that you are thinking that this means the end of your relationship. At the current time there is nothing to stop you from coming back reasonably quickly. I cleared a much longer overstay and flew to KL and returned 4 days later. The only change to that would be to get a visa rather than relying ob visa exempt entry.

Ty for the non holier than though reply Gilo, nice to hear sir.

Re. me tihnking it means the end of my relationship, if I thought this I wouldnt be going home, we have both been through hell in the past 2 years and thankfully come out the other side with my lady in good health. Im going home to rebuild and find a way for us to be together again.

All the nay-sayers and haters that spew at peoples situations here have never fallen on hard times. Someone replied saying they "were brought up to abide the law" and would never think of overstaying - I'm very happy for you sir that you have never fell on hardship and you're life is all rosy. Unfortunately not everyone is as fortunate as yourself, having said that If anything bad ever happens to you I'm thankful I would not be someone to judge you on a post in the forum.

.....peace.

Incorrect information as the rules have changed greatly. Unless you hire a laywer to negociate I think you will be banned for 3 years.