Glaucoma eye drops

cheynewalk

Both are available here but might have to be ordered as drug stores do not normally keep much eye drop stock due to storage issues. I have had azopt in the past but currently on Cosopt and Xalacom. As I obtain from hospital do not know what they cost in drug stores.

Ganfort is a brand name for a combination of bimatoprost + timolol

Azopt is a brand name for Brinzolamide

Both of these brands are imported and thus expensive, I don't know the exact cost but it will be more than in Europe.

There are inexpensive locally made brands of timolol but without the bimatoprost. Combo of the two is only Ganfort., and for Brinzolamide there is only Azopt brand.

Bottom line is that if you have to be on these specific drugs, it is going to be costly. As for pharamacies carrying them, will need to be a large one.

Ganfort is a brand name for a combination of bimatoprost + timolol

Azopt is a brand name for Brinzolamide

Both of these brands are imported and thus expensive, I don't know the exact cost but it will be more than in Europe.

There are inexpensive locally made brands of timolol but without the bimatoprost. Combo of the two is only Ganfort., and for Brinzolamide there is only Azopt brand.

Bottom line is that if you have to be on these specific drugs, it is going to be costly. As for pharamacies carrying them, will need to be a large one.

If the OP's eyes are maintained in a stable state by the current prescribed medication he would be very unwise to think about seeking an alternative.

I do not know but could the OP's medication be obtained from the Rutnin Eye hospital ?

My eye doctor in Chiang Rai only prescribes Xalatan. It is the only medication that the Government Hospital uses. The hospital charges 470B in the drugstore it is 700B. A drop per night in each eye is one bottle or 470B. At age 82 my pressure has been maintained for 4 years. This was after surgery for cataracts.

Here in Pattaya I go to the queen Sirikit hospital,its the navy one ,I am prescribed Travatan,1 drop each eye a night cost in farcino 790 baht ,cost in hospital 490 baht ,my pressure has been normal since I started taking it

Here in Pattaya I go to the queen Sirikit hospital,its the navy one ,I am prescribed Travatan,1 drop each eye a night cost in farcino 790 baht ,cost in hospital 490 baht ,my pressure has been normal since I started taking it

sorry cost in hospital 390 baht and i pay farang price .smile.png

Prices at my local bangkok pharmacy:

Lumigan - 455 bht

Timoptol - 275 bht

Azopt - 475

The combination med Ganfort is typically available in (better) hospital pharmacies only.

Price was 498 THb for the 3ml size last time i bought it.

Edited by Suksan101