Few nights in Hua Hin

Tocquinio

There are two night markets, the one next to the Grand Hotel and the other one to the north (we call this one the foreigner market as no locals ever go there to buy anything). There are many bars close to the beach best would be for you to walk around and find one that suit your needs. As for sea food and Thai food you can buy them at the market as suggested but this food is expensive and sometimes the Thai food is fusion cooking not real. Unfortunately most of the real good Thai restaurants are not in the center of town but spread around the outskirts. For example the best tom yum noodles are on the road to Cha-am across from the old PTT the best sea food at good prices are at a place just north of the airport on the beach. The best and very cheap Thai restaurant is Sap elli on the way to Cha-am but the menu is only in Thai and English is a no go (can buy 6 dishes for +- B 300), very good food.

Check out the Night Market in the centre of town ... the whole street is lined with stalls and behind them are some amazing seafood restaurants .... the biggest lobster I have ever seen was in the night market !

I once caught the biggest crabs ever when I was there!:lol:

Check out the Night Market in the centre of town ... the whole street is lined with stalls and behind them are some amazing seafood restaurants .... the biggest lobster I have ever seen was in the night market !

I once caught the biggest crabs ever when I was there!laugh.png

What lotion did you use?

I once caught the biggest crabs ever when I was there!laugh.png

What lotion did you use?

A very strong one!!!!!! 1:D

• 4 weeks later...

There should be lots of places to eat at for a reasonable price. Places to stay at may be a bit more expensive

in December. I ate at a few places along the night markets last year and found that either market had good

food. As well in many of the beach places for lunch during the day. Hua Hin is not a city where you cannot

go and find restaurants with great food to eat. It is actually sort of like the Winnipeg of Thailand.

Anyone who has been to Canada knows that in Winnipeg, there has a lot of good restaurants, mainly because

of the long Winters with limited things to do, so going out to eat is a big pastime in the Winters.

Geezer