Visa B One Year

Mabuhay! :o

I will be processing my Visa B for a year later but several questions arise from this;

1. Will the consulate here in Manila ask for a purchased air ticket as a requirement for the visa B?

2. If ever issued with this visa type, can I consider a one way air ticket?

3. What medical examinations I will undergo to get my medical certificate? or a simple certification from a doctor will do?

I appreciate if you can enlighten me on these.

maro :D

Hi Maro -

1. You do not need to have specific travel arrangements in place to apply for a visa.

2. The airline on which you fly to Thailand will probably not carry you unless you have an outbound ticket from your destination - they are liable to trasport you back home if you are refused entry. It is common for arriving non-Thai nationals to be refused entry if you cannot show evidence of an outbound ticket. But - this is often a discretionary decision by the Immigration officer. I would expect the ruling to be applied fairly strictly to Filipino visitors.

3. No medical exam is required for visa or entry permit. Medical exam is required for work permit - it must be signed by a Thai doctor. All major Bangkok hospitals have a standard form letter for this. The four disqualifying illnesses are: leprosy, tuberculosis, drug addiction, and alcoholism. They basically give you a bloood pressure test, and stamp your form.

Good luck!

Indo-Siam

The airline on which you fly to Thailand will probably not carry you unless you have an outbound ticket from your destination - they are liable to trasport you back home if you are refused entry. It is common for arriving non-Thai nationals to be refused entry if you cannot show evidence of an outbound ticket. But - this is often a discretionary decision by the Immigration officer. I would expect the ruling to be applied fairly strictly to Filipino visitors.

Believe you may have misread as he is traveling on a non immigrant visa and will not require a return or onward ticket. In any event have never heard it is"common" for arriving non-Thai nationals to be refused entry as it is almost never checked by immigration. The only place this happens on a regular basis is at the airline counter during check-in before you get here but with a visa the return ticket is not required.

Mabuhay! :o

I will be processing my Visa B for a year later but several questions arise from this;

1.  Will the consulate here in Manila ask for a purchased air ticket as a requirement for the visa B?

2.  If ever issued with this visa type, can I consider a one way air ticket?

3.  What medical examinations I will undergo to get my medical certificate? or a simple certification from a doctor will do?

I appreciate if you can enlighten me on these.

maro :D

I don't know whether this person has poor English expression ,,, or whether I am slow ... but ...