Police track-down suspected attacker of Australian at South Pattaya Go-Go Bar

rooster59

actually I dont think its quite an anti farang thing, for instance the thai guy at the hotel that assaulted a Thai woman recently wasnt charged either, I think its more a sign that only the rich and connected have access to law and justice in Thailand, the rest just have to fight for themselves

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first rule in Thailand when you come to party is: "If you don't want any trouble always pay the Check Bin"

It doesn't matter if you get short changed on a drink or you don't get the meal you expected. That happens a lot in Thailand. The best thing to do then is pay your bill an walk away, and if asked tell them so. You don't order another drink and expect it to be different, then refuse to pay.

there is no evidence that he didnt pay his bill, remember the staff at first claimed that he was attacked by another farang. the not paying his bill story only seems to have began after video emerged showing that it was one of their staff members that attacked him

Edited by phycokiller

I'm just waiting for the day a farang bashes a Thai in Pattaya. The cops will come from every direction and grab him. The farangs feet wont touch the ground on the way to the cop station.

Theyre not interested in putting him in jail-- unless they have to. They want his money. baht 40,000? plus medical costs even though its free. They'll take the punk to a private hospital. lol

pay 40k or go to jail. up to you farang.

Farangs should never missbehave in Thailand. Youre a human cash register.

there is no evidence that he didnt pay his bill, remember the staff at first claimed that he was attacked by another farang. the not paying his bill story only seems to have began after video emerged showing that it was one of their staff members that attacked him

100% Correct

Staff have shown they are willing to lie, the video showed that.

so it's ok to beat the krap out of a tourist hmmmm can see Thailand being given a wide berth by Aussies if the cops condone this and do not charge the Thai guy with assault

TOT your country is getting a bad name for this type of action

They "beat the krap out of a tourist"? Hardly the case, the yayhoo was not just a tourist, he was allegedly a drunken tourist who refused to pay his bill. The article said he received a minor head wound. The drunk could have just stumbled to incur such a wound or he could have initiated a fight to save his B160--I would like to see a video of the confrontation.

What would happen in Oz if a drunk walked-out on his tab and then when accosted outside refused to pay?

Generally speaking you pay as you drink in Oz.

Occasionally a tab may be used, but usually against a credit card.

There may be some exclusive clubs where a tab is the norm but the average punter would never see the inside of those.

I wonder the root cause of paying as you go. Would it be that Ozzies get so drunk you can't trust them to remember how many drinks they had?

I'm just waiting for the day a farang bashes a Thai in Pattaya.

apparently there was a russian guy some years back who took on a dozen or so thais on beach road….he really was ex armed forces or some such and they didnt know….i hear he farked them all good and then walked away.

Cops let him off. well done.

Now I will not ever going in that place and will ask friends to do the same.

own goal, Oasis and Cops.

I'm sure they'll seriously miss the enormous trade you guys sent their way.

Cops let him off. well done.

Now I will not ever going in that place and will ask friends to do the same.

own goal, Oasis and Cops.

I'm sure they'll seriously miss the enormous trade you guys sent their way.

I vote with my feet not my mouth. coffee1.gif

Money makes the bar go round mate.

No more money from me.

and I hope a few more follow wai2.gif

so it's ok to beat the krap out of a tourist hmmmm can see Thailand being given a wide berth by Aussies if the cops condone this and do not charge the Thai guy with assault

TOT your country is getting a bad name for this type of action

This will have no effect on Aussies coming to Thailand.

I like this but with the same reservations. It will make no difference. Aussie tourists do not read ThaiVisa and there would be nowhere else that would report such a paltry crime. Full ticks for the police they followed it up and found the till discrepencies.

Let more honest and not drunken people stand up for themselves in these Thai bars and restaurants. I aways look at the bills. Smiling.

Of course.

I wonder the root cause of paying as you go. Would it be that Ozzies get so drunk you can't trust them to remember how many drinks they had?

Most Ozzies I know, can at least count to Three giggle.gif

Well, that is good news, but being able to count and remembering what you drank are two different things.