The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

Does anyone knows till what time I can cross the Laos border,and back at the same day to Thailand?

I doubt that you can get a METV issued in Laos on the same day or even get an METV from Laos....unless you're a Laos national. Are you??

• Like 1

Does anyone knows till what time I can cross the Laos border,and back at the same day to Thailand?

I have exactly the same question...

I am in thailand on my METV visa and the first stamp is about to expire.

i would like to go to phibun mang sa han (ubon ratchathani) for 2 days and get a new Thai visa stamp WITHOUT obtaining a LAO visa, is this possible?

Please respond,

kind regards,

stephan

i would like to go to phibun mang sa han (ubon ratchathani) for 2 days and get a new Thai visa stamp WITHOUT obtaining a LAO visa, is this possible?

Please respond,

kind regards,

stephan

You MUST enter Laos and to do that you must purchase a visa !

Please respond,

kind regards,

stephan

You will have to go the crossing at Chong Mek , enter Laos and return. You will have to get a Lao visa on arrival ($30 to $42 US or 1500 baht). You can do it on the same day.

If you have not done it already you could get a 30 day extension at the immigration office in Sirindhorn.

• Like 1

Please respond,

kind regards,

stephan

You will have to go the crossing at Chong Mek , enter Laos and return. You will have to get a Lao visa on arrival ($30 to $42 US or 1500 baht). You can do it on the same day.

If you have not done it already you could get a 30 day extension at the immigration office in Sirindhorn.

Thank you Unbonjoe, good to know i can get it on arival and do it the same day.

i am however still wondering if i can do this border crossing and getting a new stamp without obtaining a useless visa for a neighbouring country. any ideas?

thanks !

Please respond,

kind regards,

stephan

i am however still wondering if i can do this border crossing and getting a new stamp without obtaining a useless visa for a neighbouring country. any ideas?

thanks !

Immigration at border crossings check for entry/departure stamps for the other country when you enter the country. You cannot get those without getting a visa.

thanks !

This question has been asked many times. If using a land border anywhere, there is absolutely no way of avoiding entry and exit stamps (with a visa if that is a prerequisite) from the neighboring country. If traveling in and out by air, you might get away with a turn around in the remote airport without passing through immigration, but even this is not strictly permitted.

thanks !

This question has been asked many times. If using a land border anywhere, there is absolutely no way of avoiding entry and exit stamps (with a visa if that is a prerequisite) from the neighboring country. If traveling in and out by air, you might get away with a turn around in the remote airport without passing through immigration, but even this is not strictly permitted.

Apologies if i'm asking a silly question, but i'll be going to Penang from Phuket in May and going back to Phuket in June. I'll have a METV from March when entering Phuket from the UK.

As far as i'm aware as a UK national we get 3 months entry to Malaysia without needing a visa, are you saying i'll need to get a visa if entering Penang from Phuket?

Edited by Mover1

thanks !

Apologies if i'm asking a silly question, but i'll be going to Penang from Phuket in May and going back to Phuket in June. I'll have a METV from March when entering Phuket from the UK.

As far as i'm aware as a UK national we get 3 months entry to Malaysia without needing a visa, are you saying i'll need to get a visa if entering Penang from Phuket?

A UK passport holder is given a visa exempt entry into Malaysia.

thanks !

You seem to overlooked this in the last post "(with a visa if that is a prerequisite)".

Has anyone had experience of getting the METV in Ireland yet?

I actually have residency from another country as well (in my passport) and I have the funds in my bank account (not for 6 months but they are there).

Just wondering how strict they are on all counts and also do they take the EUR175 regardless of whether they award the visa or not?

I would appreciate any info people have.

If anyone, who does not work, has received an METV from The Los Angeles Honorary Consulate I would appreciate hearing your experience and what the requirements were.

Thanks

I got mine from there last month and am in LOS now.

The website is self explanatory.

How old are you? I am older and just put retired.

If not, send them an email and ask they got back to me within 24 hours.

I am older. One requirement listed is note from employer. I don't have one. Am retired.

Can you please PM me with the email. Bernard, the farang who works, there told me to email or call him. But received no answer. Happy to hear you got a response. Maybe you used a different email address.

he's a good guy, maybe busy, try again

I emailed him a second time and no response. What's the secret? He's very friendly and recognizes me when I go to the Consulate. facepalm.gif

Malaysia grants a visa on arrival. It is quick and near automatic and free ... just present youself at an entry window ...land or air with your passport

I think you mean visa exempt entry for citizens of over 150 countries. Visa on arrival is very restricted and only available at a few entry points.

Does METV work similar to the old double entry Tourist Visa staying 6 months.

You must leave the country after 90 days on each entry.

TC.

You are granted 60 days on entry. After 60 days you must leave or apply for a 30 day extension of stay. At the end of the (60 + 30) 90 days you must leave.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

I am thinking that it is easier for me (USA citizen with USA passport) to just go to Thailand for 30 days, fly to Myanmar, enter Thailand for 30 days, fly to Barcelona, and then fly to Thailand for last 30 days of my 90 day vacation rather than get a METV. My assumption is that this should hot be a problem with Thai immigration nor my outbound airline from the USA (EVA) as long as I can demonstrate airline tickets in and out of the country as outlined above. Any comments would be helpful.

Merman

I finally received an email from the LA Consulate after I told them I was retired.

Please note the requirements include but are not limited to:

-Applicant must be U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.

-Passport (must have been valid for at least three months and will not expire with in six more months from time of travel to and from Thailand)

-Completed visa application

-Two passport-type photos

-Several months bank statements showing at least $7,000 US

-Copy of airline tickets showing flights in and out of Thailand

-Copy of hotel reservation information

The fee is $200

I am thinking that it is easier for me (USA citizen with USA passport) to just go to Thailand for 30 days, fly to Myanmar, enter Thailand for 30 days, fly to Barcelona, and then fly to Thailand for last 30 days of my 90 day vacation rather than get a METV. My assumption is that this should hot be a problem with Thai immigration nor my outbound airline from the USA (EVA) as long as I can demonstrate airline tickets in and out of the country as outlined above. Any comments would be helpful.

Merman

No problem to do it that way. You could also get a single entry tourist visa and not need the tickets out of the country.

• Like 1

Hey guys.

I have been in Thailand for over 6m, came in with a stamp and extended. got old METV from Laos, extended, activated second entry via Mae Sai and now my last extension is running.

I now want to go to school, but first i need to get new tourist visa, will it be single or double entry doesent matter that much, double is better though.

Any suggestions where should i go or what is the last words around here in SE Asia.

thanks for any information

Hey guys.

I have been in Thailand for over 6m, came in with a stamp and extended. got old METV from Laos, extended, activated second entry via Mae Sai and now my last extension is running.

I now want to go to school, but first i need to get new tourist visa, will it be single or double entry doesent matter that much, double is better though.

Any suggestions where should i go or what is the last words around here in SE Asia.

thanks for any information

You can only get single entry visas. There are no more 2 or 3 entry visas being done anywhere now. You could get a single entry visa in Laos without a problem.

Okay so this would be an option.

I contacted school and they told me that firs i need to get TV, then apply in school and wait till they confirm, give paper (3weeks) and then i'd need to travel to Laos again to apply for ED visa, this just doesn't work that well. But is an option. Get singe entry for 60 days and make an extension.

How difficult is to apply for Non-Immigrant Visa “B” ?

If a can get this i can fixate my self to have a job from one of my local friend whos running muay thai gym.