The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

Okay so this would be an option.

I contacted school and they told me that firs i need to get TV, then apply in school and wait till they confirm, give paper (3weeks) and then i'd need to travel to Laos again to apply for ED visa, this just doesn't work that well. But is an option. Get singe entry for 60 days and make an extension.

How difficult is to apply for Non-Immigrant Visa “B” ?

If a can get this i can fixate my self to have a job from one of my local friend whos running muay thai gym.

Not sure you have to get a tourist visa. It seems you could do an out and back for a visa exempt entry to get enough time for them to process the paper work to get the non-ed visa.

You would need a work permit application approval letter and company documents to get a non-b visa at any nearby embassy or consulate.

I am thinking that it is easier for me (USA citizen with USA passport) to just go to Thailand for 30 days, fly to Myanmar, enter Thailand for 30 days, fly to Barcelona, and then fly to Thailand for last 30 days of my 90 day vacation rather than get a METV. My assumption is that this should hot be a problem with Thai immigration nor my outbound airline from the USA (EVA) as long as I can demonstrate airline tickets in and out of the country as outlined above. Any comments would be helpful.

Merman

I will consider that as well. Thanks for confirming my knowledge.

Merwan

Hi.

If I arrive in Thailand April 1st with a METV visa. I go to the Philippines for 7 days during Songkran.

When I return to Thailand, my METV will still be valid, loosing 7 days + the previously days I stayed in Thailand?

April 1-12 Thailand

April 13-19 Philippines

April 20th Thailand. METV visa will have 101 days remaining (120 – 19 days).

(assuming i don't do extensions).

Thanks.

Hi.

If I arrive in Thailand April 1st with a METV visa. I go to the Philippines for 7 days during Songkran.

When I return to Thailand, my METV will still be valid, loosing 7 days + the previously days I stayed in Thailand?

April 1-12 Thailand

April 13-19 Philippines

Thanks.

You will lose no days. The METV allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date it issued. You can get a 60 day entry if you do it on or before enter before the enter before date on your visa. It is possible to get a total stay of almost 9 months from it.

Hi.

April 1-12 Thailand

April 13-19 Philippines

Thanks

It is the expiry date (enter before) which determines how many days the visa remains valid.

@Ubonjoe.

Hi.

Can you give me a short example how I could stretch 9 months using the METV?

Assuming it was issued on March 30, 2016 and I arrive in Thailand April 1st, 2016.

Enter before date is September 30, 2016.

I can see staying from April to September (6 months) with 30 day extensions.....

If I leave Thailand August 1st for 1 month and return to Thailand September 1st 2016, I can stay until October 30?

Is this what you are inferring?

@Ubonjoe.

Hi.

Assuming it was issued on March 30, 2016 and I arrive in Thailand April 1st, 2016.

I can see staying from April to September (6 months) with 30 day extensions.....

If I leave Thailand August 1st for 1 month and return to Thailand September 1st 2016, I can stay until October 30?

I think you are under the impression that your visa gives you a total stay of 6 months from the first time you enter Thailand. That is not how it works.

• The visa is valid for use for 6 months from the issue date. You can enter Thailand multiple times before the end of the 6 months being the 'enter before' date (Sep 30th).
  • Whenever you enter you are granted a 60 day permit to stay which can be extended by 30 days.
  • If you entered on or before the very last day (Sep 30th) you would be granted the same 60 day stay which would take you to the end on November. You could then extend that stay by 30 days taking you to the end of December. That gives you a total stay of nearly 9 months (Apr through Dec)

@Ubonjoe.

Hi.

The visas enter before date is just that. It is only last day you can use the visa for entry to the country not the amount of time you can be in the country.

Using Sept 30 as an example you could enter on the date, get a 60 day entry, then extend it for 30 days and stay until near the end of December.

@Ubonjoe & @elviajaer.

You guys are great. I think the light bulb finally got turned on.

Using my previous example above.

April 1st – June 29th (90 days) in Thailand. Then do a in/out same day Cambo visa run.

June 30th – Sept 28th (90 days) in Thailand Then do a in/out same day Cambo visa run.

Since I returned to Thailand Sept 28th and expiry date is Sept 30th , I get 60 more days.

I really appreciate your patience with me.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Has anybody got any experience with UK consulates and the stipulation for a hotel booking? Would they accept a condo rental agreement (in typed Thai! tongue.png )

It is highly unlikely that a Consulate would accept a document written in Thai without a certified translation.

If you wish to submit such a document you should apply via the Thai Embassy.

I don't believe all the embassies and consulates sell a lot of the METV. In the meanwhile it wouldn't me surprise if they even remove it and let the SETV alone. May be the METV is interesting for some Asian tourists who like to do weekend trips. I guess the intention of the METV was never to please us western long term tourists. Bad luck for some, but who cares. We are only a small number.

I don't believe all the embassies and consulates sell a lot of the METV. In the meanwhile it wouldn't me surprise if they even remove it and let the SETV alone. May be the METV is interesting for some Asian tourists who like to do weekend trips. I guess the intention of the METV was never to please us western long term tourists. Bad luck for some, but who cares. We are only a small number.

Most SE Asian tourists generally get a 30 day visa exempt entry that costs nothing, so there is no need for them to purchase METV

Notable exceptions are China and India, that get visas on arrival at THB 1,000 (they were thinking of increasing the visa on arrival fee to 2,000 baht (I wonder why), official explanation being to encourage people to apply at the Embassy. More logical explanation: many Chinese visiting nowadays.

And you'd think to encourage Chinese tourism (as they are bragging about it all day long), they would waive the visa fee and make it visa exempt. There was a small attempt of doing that a couple of years ago, but the amount of money they could get in visa fees from Chinese was just too irresistible to let go I guess.

Even so, the cost of the METV is equivalent to 5 SETV's. So genuine short term tourists are not going to see much use to it.

I am honestly starting to believe it's a way to manipulate who comes into the country. The Embassies receive direct orders from the Government, and the requirements vary upon nationality. The consulates have lighter regulations (I believe they are self supported so for them it's a money making business), but several Consulates were shut down over the last few years and all was redirected to Thai Embassies.

Some nationalities get it easy, some nationalities get it hard.

Last year when they announced the METV (hooray), big headlines in the media, Thailand opens up, encourages tourism, etc (I remember it even now), and I'm not bragging, but I was the first that guessed doubles and triples would be taken out. What I did not guess is their unwillingness to give this visa easily, even though it costs between 5000 baht up to USD 200, which to be fair is not "very little" for a tourist visa.

Edited by lkv

Not sure why they would remove something that costs them nothing to keep offering. IMO not many double/triple tourist visas were sold either as they are unnecessary for the vast majority of tourists. I'd bet that they will get more revenue from METV sales than they did from doubles/triples.

• Like 2

Report from Vienna embassy if there are also non-NES people curious how it works wink.png

you need to provide all documents:

proof of employment

first return ticket (was enough to singapur after 2 weeks in Thailand)

first accomodation in Thailand - copy from reservation made via booking.com was enough

Evidence of 5000 euro on your account for 6 months - was okay to have this amount only last two months

It felt similar as when you are applying for visa to USA - you provide all documents but dont know if you will get or will not get visa - they only give you paper with date and time when you should come for your passport and hope to hit a jackpot wink.png

Edited by 2sigi3
  • Like 2

Report from Vienna embassy if there are also non-NES people curious how it works wink.png

proof of employment

first accomodation in Thailand - copy from reservation made via booking.com was enough

Evidence of 5000 euro on your account for 6 months - was okay to have this amount only last two months

It felt similar as when you are applying for visa to USA - you provide all documents but dont know if you will get or will not get visa - they only give you paper with date and time when you should come for your passport and hope to hit a jackpot wink.png

Are you Austrian?

proof of employment

Are you Austrian?

No I am from Slovakia but as we dont have Thai embassy we are directly under Austria

However, before my the end of my METV i will start to apply SETV. But then, by airplane. Nok Air - Bangkok (Don Mueang) To Vientiane (round Ticket) for about 3000 Baht. That's fair.

Be aware

1. Nok Air sells you a ticket to Vientiane, but this is not a direct flight. They fly you to Udon. Then, you wait for a van to take you to the bridge at Nong Khai. You clear immigration at the bridge, then wait for another van to take you into Vientiane. It is not especially quick or convenient.
  2. In addition to the airfare, remember you need a Lao visa. This pushes the cost up by about 1250 baht if you pay in US dollars and more otherwise.
  3. There are indications that Nok Air may be in a fragile state, even with the low oil prices. Buying advance tickets with them involves a certain degree of risk.

proof of employment

So, this being a METV thread we all assumed tha

proof of employment

So, this being a METV thread and since you are not even mentioning which type of visa you applied for, we all assumed that you have applied for a METV and got it in Vientiane, which does not lake any sense since they are not delivered to anyone but Laotians but again you said you were 'non-nes' whatever that means.

Sorry edit just read you are not Laotian and YET YOU GOT A METV FROM VIENTIANE.

THIS IS BIG

PICTURE,???

Edited by BangkokKen

However, before my the end of my METV i will start to apply SETV. But then, by airplane. Nok Air - Bangkok (Don Mueang) To Vientiane (round Ticket) for about 3000 Baht. That's fair.

Be aware

1. Nok Air sells you a ticket to Vientiane, but this is not a direct flight. They fly you to Udon. Then, you wait for a van to take you to the bridge at Nong Khai. You clear immigration at the bridge, then wait for another van to take you into Vientiane. It is not especially quick or convenient.

Good to know. Is there another airline which does direct flights?

proof of employment

So, this being a METV thread and since you are not even mentioning which type of visa you applied for, we all assumed that you have applied for a METV and got it in Vientiane, which does not lake any sense since they are not delivered to anyone but Laotians but again you said you were 'non-nes' whatever that means.

THIS IS BIG

PICTURE,???

Vienna is in Austria & (as he's from Slovenia & it seems there's not a Thai Embassy there) is his "local" Thai Embassy.

proof of employment

THIS IS BIG

PICTURE,???

Vienna is in Austria & (as he's from Slovenia & it seems there's not a Thai Embassy there) is his "local" Thai Embassy.

Awww VIENNA

Not Vientiane lol

DUH

Sorry misread.

• Like 2

Be aware

Good to know. Is there another airline which does direct flights?

Bangkok Airways, Lao Airlines and Thai all do direct flights. They are all expensive. If you can get the web promotion, Bangkok Airways at around 7,500 baht return is the best IMHO.