(Best) halavah in Pattaya?

peeba7

The least said about M E the better

Totally vacuous comment.

Head in the sand

Are you really happy to illustrate such a lack of intelligence to all and sundry?

Is Greece also the Middle East?

organic-honey-halva-with-almonds.jpg

Sunita Halva is a traditional Greek sweet made to a traditional recipe in Central Greece where it is often used as a traditional Lent sweetmeat.

Perhaps you shouldn't be quite so keen to jump on every bandwagon that comes along.

You may have lost or have never had an ability for analysis, but sometimes it's better to keep quiet and observe.....and speak only when the time is right.

Totally vacuous comment.

Head in the sand

You might also find that it's an Indian Sweetmeat. Jews are also partial to it. Turks too. So instead of using the thread ignorantly to drive a wedge between people, recognise that it is a shared delicacy.

Keep your twisted ideas for a more appropriate time and place.

Totally vacuous comment.

Head in the sand

You might also find that it's an Indian Sweetmeat. Jews are also partial to it. Turks too. So instead of using the thread ignorantly to drive a wedge between people, recognise that it is a shared delicacy.

Keep your twisted ideas for a more appropriate time and place.

Had it didn't like it.........

Hi Peeba7

If you can't find any halawa then please try the recipe below. No real cooking required. Let's just hope you are able to find all the ingredients. Enjoy!

· 3 cups sesame seeds

· ¾ cup tahini

· ½ cup sugar

· ½ cup honey

· ¼ teaspoon cinnamon

· ¼ teaspoon allspice

PREPARATION:
In a skillet, heat sesame seeds over medium heat until lightly toasted.

Once cooled, add sesame seeds to a food processor one cup at a time and blend. Add tahini, sugar, honey, cinnamon and allspice and pulse until mixture is thick and nearly solid.

Line a baking pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap and press mixture evenly into pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares and serve.

Where I grew up the Jewish delis all had halvah. Both packaged like candy bars and also big blocks of it in the deli case that you order by weight. Speaking of weight, that stuff is so delicious but it is super high calorie and high sugar. I remember a concerned deli worker seeing chubby me try to suggest I didn't really want it. But I did. My dentist was happy too.

I don't think there is any halvah for sale in Pattaya.

The closest would be Indian desserts.

Go to Saras, Royal Garden Mall, large selection.

Archived