Huge enthusiasm ahead of 'Bike for Dad'

rooster59

When will he Minister of Tourism and TAT get into the act and start quoting their very suspect figures for all sorts of tourism and of course the mega-squillions that will be spent during the week of celebrations ?

Incidentally, just who here would have the nuts to openly say they had no interest in the event ?

I'm busy that day, oops, week... whistling.gif

Congratulations, you've just won unlimited AA sessions at an undisclosed 5 Star military location so relax, enjoy and adjust !

First session: from push ups to genuflect in 8 hours.

A minor inconvenience so 100's of thousands can have some fun.

You just can't please some people...

Minor inconvenience? The entire building couldn't get here on time to work this morning. On the 11th we have to close entirely. Its a sad state of affairs that half the city needs to shut down because the road system is completely useless.

Why do they keep needing to practice this nonsense anyway?

My God. What a tragedy!

You mean that your entire building's staff lost their TV, radio and interweb connections and missed the government's warnings that those roads were going to be boogered up, and to plan on leaving a little early to get there on time? The horror...

Edited by impulse

Minor inconvenience? The entire building couldn't get here on time to work this morning. On the 11th we have to close entirely. Its a sad state of affairs that half the city needs to shut down because the road system is completely useless.

My God. What a tragedy!

You mean that your entire building's staff lost their TV, radio and interweb connections and missed the government's warnings that those roads were going to be boogered up, and to plan on leaving a little early to get there on time? The horror...

I'm talking about my office building. I didn't decide to close it next Friday. Grow up. The actual day will be at least the third time for all this crap.

Edited by taony

Already got messages from Thai friends pissed off about road closures this morning.

Don't know why but the bus driver on phetburi made everyone get off at chaan isara bc he said the roads were closed past bradu nam bc of the bikes.

Then they better pray Bangkok never gets F1, or a Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, or the Summer Olympics...or...

"obedience"

I will be taking part, though I have to say, it's a lot of fuss over a 20k ride. I've been cycling in a yellow shirt for a couple of weeks now, though it is a Tour de France winners yellow jersey, it's 'Royal' colour gets some response and it even feels like I have a bit more respect on the road than usual. Maybe worth a try for the keen cyclists out there.

Big congratulations for the Tour de France yellow jersey. Not many people earn the right to wear those clap2.gif

When will he Minister of Tourism and TAT get into the act and start quoting their very suspect figures for all sorts of tourism and of course the mega-squillions that will be spent during the week of celebrations ?

Incidentally, just who here would have the nuts to openly say they had no interest in the event ?

I really can't. I'm afraid all those flashy biking duds would

eventually activate my long dormant/deep remission epileptic

trigger. Deepest apologies blink.png

Are they gonna work their way thru every royal?

Probably, then the public have no time to think about no elections, no freedom of speech, poor economy, drought, climate change, illerate child, rampant corruption, internet censorship etc.
Well, at least those members of the public who can afford a bike and the de rigeur lycra tights!

The rest of them don't count anyway, and should stick to herding buffaloes.

Edited by JAG

But is it going to be a national holiday, or do we have to wait until the day before to find out ?? would like to plan for a four day break!

They are going to leave it to the last minute. If they make it a public holiday i suspect many people will pee off for a 4 day break, making the turnout at BFD a little light.

I cant wait to break bones and remove skin on the silky smooth Thai roads, actually I cant comment really as theyd lock me up

The news article was trying to make it clear that the authorities are spending huge amounts of money tidying up the route and installing cameras. No doubt there will be a large number of colourful flower pots and thousands of new Thai and royal flags to decorate the route, not to mention the large royal portraits to brighten up the scenery.

In fact the surefire way to get any road repaired and redecorated is to have a member of the royal family drive along it in a high speed motorcade. Even better - if it is a leisurely bike ride the overdue maintenance will be such a high priority that the route will be improved . The improvements will last several weeks.

Slow start for me on a Sunday morn and I'm too lazy to come up with new content, so here's my rehashed post after Bike for Mom:

Just got back from wandering around the startup area near Dusit Palace and Dusit Zoo.

To all the grumps poo-pooing the idea, you're wrong, and you're missing out.

I was impressed by several aspects:

1) Tens of thousands of people enjoying themselves. Maybe a hundred thousand, but they were scattered over quite a wide area.

2) Virtually all of them smiling and joking around. Not a sour puss in the bunch that I saw. In spite of the wicked hot sunny day.

3) Tons of bicycles that cost more than my pickup truck. A lot more. Proof that Thailand has an amazing bicycle market.

4) Lots of support services, including medical, security, information guys, bike repairs, traffic control, etc. Yet not intrusive.

4) Traffic nicely under control and a whopping 5 minute detour in the taxi getting back to Asoke where I live.

6) A high percentage of them were gorgeous bicycle chicks- lots to fall in love with

7) As it turns out, bicycle chicks have amazing legs...

It ends at 21:00 tonight at the same place, when it should be quite a bit cooler. I'd go back if it wasn't past my bed time.

What is a 'bicycle chick'?

I think it is wonderful that perhaps a million people ( all provinces ) could be involved in this.

Just can't understand what's wrong with the other 65 million for not showing any interest. Sure , a lot of them are babies etc. but come on , time to express yourself as never before ! smile.png

I think it is wonderful that perhaps a million people ( all provinces ) could be involved in this.

Just can't understand what's wrong with the other 65 million for not showing any interest. Sure , a lot of them are babies etc. but come on , time to express yourself as never before ! smile.png

The only bikes most Thai people are really interested in have motors in

them....

The only bikes most Thai people are really interested in have motors in

them....

You will be surprised to see how many Bangkokians have a very expensive bicycle plus the whole outfit to use it professional.

There are bicycleshops now on every road all over bangkok and they don't seem to sell the "made in china" brands.

In our moobaan they are racing their bikes every day and i bet they can't wait to ride it on the main roads in BKK. This is their big day to bike in the city infront of camera's.

Slow start for me on a Sunday morn and I'm too lazy to come up with new content, so here's my rehashed post after Bike for Mom:

Just got back from wandering around the startup area near Dusit Palace and Dusit Zoo.

To all the grumps poo-pooing the idea, you're wrong, and you're missing out.

I was impressed by several aspects:

1) Tens of thousands of people enjoying themselves. Maybe a hundred thousand, but they were scattered over quite a wide area.

2) Virtually all of them smiling and joking around. Not a sour puss in the bunch that I saw. In spite of the wicked hot sunny day.

3) Tons of bicycles that cost more than my pickup truck. A lot more. Proof that Thailand has an amazing bicycle market.

4) Lots of support services, including medical, security, information guys, bike repairs, traffic control, etc. Yet not intrusive.

4) Traffic nicely under control and a whopping 5 minute detour in the taxi getting back to Asoke where I live.

6) A high percentage of them were gorgeous bicycle chicks- lots to fall in love with

7) As it turns out, bicycle chicks have amazing legs...

It ends at 21:00 tonight at the same place, when it should be quite a bit cooler. I'd go back if it wasn't past my bed time.

What is a 'bicycle chick'?

A " bicycle hen" but with better legs?

I will be taking part, though I have to say, it's a lot of fuss over a 20k ride. I've been cycling in a yellow shirt for a couple of weeks now, though it is a Tour de France winners yellow jersey, it's 'Royal' colour gets some response and it even feels like I have a bit more respect on the road than usual. Maybe worth a try for the keen cyclists out there.

Big congratulations for the Tour de France yellow jersey. Not many people earn the right to wear those clap2.gif

If he's been cycling in it for a couple of weeks now, I should imagine you can smell him coming before you see him!

Rather a lot of them don't have a bike, and couldn't afford one.