• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 0

Survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Awarded Nobel Peace Prize for Nuclear Disarmament

2. 0

Controversy Surrounds Guardian Review of Oct 7 Documentary on Hamas Massacre

3. 0

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

4. 0

The Growing Influence of the US Far Right on Ireland's Extremist Movements

5. 0

Boris Johnson Hints at Potential Return to Front-Line Politics

6. 0

Pro-Palestinian ‘mob-rule tactics’ Force Postponement of Braverman’s Cambridge Speech

7. 0

Taylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Relief Efforts

8. 0

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 0

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

10. 0

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

11. 0

U.S. Seeks to Weaken Hezbollah’s Grip on Lebanon Amid Israeli Offensive

12. 0

YouTuber and BBC Star Yung Filly Arrested in Australia Over Alleged Hotel Rape

13. 4

Thailand Live Saturday 12 October 2024

Phi Phi Police struggle to stomp out gibbon touts

webfact

Phi Phi Police struggle to stomp out gibbon touts
Phuket Gazette

Officers yet to arrest a gibbon tout caught on video working the walking streets of Phi Phi Don earlier this week. Video: PGTV

PHUKET: -- Unaware of officers failing to find and arrest an illegal gibbon tout regularly operating at a specific time and location on Phi Phi Don, the recently appointed Phi Phi Police Chief Jetsada Junphum has taken matters into his own hands.

“I did not see the video sent to my officers until the Phuket Gazette sent it directly to me,” Lt Col Jetsada said. “I didn’t realize that officers were working on the case and failing to get results.”

The video, sent to the Gazette by a reader, clearly shows the culprit’s face and was forwarded to Phi Phi Police earlier this month.

“I patrolled the area with several officers on Saturday, but did not spot the suspect,” explained Col Jetsada. “Restaurant owners in the area explained that the tout hadn’t been there for the last few days.”

Restaurant owners in the area were told to immediately inform police if the tout resurfaced.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phi-Phi-Police-struggle-stomp-gibbon-touts/62486?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-01

The headline is a euphemism which actually reads:

Phi Phi Police struggle to refuse kickbacks from Gibbon Touts

I didn't realise we were under media scrutiny, said the Chief, now that I do we will make an appearance of looking for this gibbon suspect who we can't locate on an island the size of a few football pitches. I have notified all shopowners to keep their mouths shut if the media approach them. This should blow over in a week or two then we can increase our tariff, he winked.