Key suspect in death of former Sydney Hells Angel bikie in Pattaya to face multiple charges

webfact

Key suspect in death of former Sydney Hells Angel bikie in Pattaya to face multiple charges

CHONBURI: -- Thai police said today they are charging a key Australian suspect, 26-year-old Antonio Bagnato, several counts for the murder of former Sydney Hells Angel bikie and underworld figure Wayne Schneider in Pattaya on November 30.

At a press conference held today at the Region 2 Provincial Police Command in Chonburi province and chaired by Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Chakthip Chaichinda, Mr Bagnato was brought to appear at the conference, along with two M16 assault rifles, a 9 mm automatic pistol, a .38 revolver, a number of cartridges, a safe, two electric shocker and a knuckle duster.

Mr Bagnato was arrested by Cambodian police but his extradition to Thailand to face the charge was not elaborated at the conference.

But the Thai national police chief said the suspect conspired with four others in the kidnap of Schneider from Jomthien Park Villas housing estate and later killed and buried him near a cemetery at Wat Yanna Sanvararam temple in Sattahip.

At the conference he was said to be arrested by soldiers while hiding at Bang Sai area in Nonthaburi province.

The national police chief said the suspect will be detained under Article 44 and be tried in the Military Court for the possession of these deadly weapon.

He said personal conflict might be the motive for the murder of Mr Schneider.

According to the Cambodian dailies last week, Cambodian police arrested Antonio Bagnato in a raid on the cheap hotel in Phnom Penh.

Cambodian police said they were coordinating with the Thai police to extradite him back to Thailand to face murder charge.

The victim, Wayne Rodney Schneider, was kidnapped by five masked men from his rented house in Bang Lamung district on November 30.

His body was found the next day in a roadside wooded area in Sattahip.

One 21-year old American, identified as Tyler Gerard, was arrested at a border crossing in Sa Kaew province as he tried to leave the country for Cambodia.

Gerard reportedly admitted to involving with four other people in the abduction of Schneider.

Police are still looking for two other Australians and an American allegedly involved in Schneider’s killing.

All their identities have been known by the Thai police following information given by the arrested American Tyler Gerard.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/key-suspect-in-death-of-former-sydney-hells-angel-bikie-in-pattaya-to-face-multiple-charges

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-07

So was he arrested in Cambodia or Bang sai area of Nonthaburi,?

you can get a headache trying to decipher some of these reports,

so many incontinences, inconsistencies

regards worgeordie

Edited by Rimmer

Police press conference with main suspect in Pattaya Abduction & Murder case

man-31.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- On Monday at Police Region 2 Headquarters in Chonburi City, a press conference was held to confirm the arrest of the main suspect wanted in connection with the Australian ex-biker abduction and murder case from last week.

Police General Chakthip, the National Police Commissioner, led the press conference which was attended by the main suspect in the case, Mr. Antonio Bagnato aged 26, who was arrested in Phnom Penh in Cambodia and then extradited to Thailand. This, despite claims at the press conference that the suspect was arrested by the Army in Nontaburi Province close to Bangkok.

Mr. Bagnato is facing extra charges after a stash of firearms and other illegal weapons were found in two properties in Chonburi Province, including 2 M16 Assault Rifles, a 9mm semi-automatic handgun, a 38 caliber revolver, a selection of ammunition, two tazers and a “Knuckle Duster”, which is thought to have been used during the attack on the victim and former Hells Angels member, Mr. Wayne Schneider.

Under Section 44 of the Thai Constitution he is expected to be tried by a Military Court due to the seizure of firearms.

Names of three outstanding suspects wanted in connection with the case were given at the press conference and all of them are now thought to have left Thailand.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219617/police-press-conference-with-main-suspect-in-pattaya-abduction-murder-case/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-12-08

Mr. Antonio Bagnato aged 26, who was arrested in Phnom Penh in Cambodia and then extradited to Thailand. This, despite claims at the press conference that the suspect was arrested by the Army in Nontaburi Province close to Bangkok.

someone trying to get credit for work he didn't do..., backfired.

I love how the article basically says that Tyler has identified the other people involved in the kidnapp/murder.

I guess being 21 and the reality of being caught in Thailand was a little different than 'sons of Anarchy' . Looking at a very lengthy jail sentence in a system where there is a huge number of deaths in custody oiled the lips.

Or perhaps the police just said he named the others to flush them out and put a mark on him.

You never know in the land of smiles but one thing is for shore who good will a Big Mac taste after going without for anywhere up to 50 years.

Antonio Bagnato ordered death of underworld figure Wayne Schneider: Thai police
Lindsay Murdoch

Bangkok: Thai police believe Sydney underworld figure Wayne Schneider was murdered on the orders of his personal Australian bodyguard Antonio Bagnato over a personal conflict.

But 26 year-old Bagnato has denied his involvement in last week's kidnapping of Schneider, a former Hell's Angel bikie, during interrogation in Thailand after being extradited from the Cambodian capital Phnom Penh.

Police say they have discovered a cache of weapons at two properties Mr Bagnato rented in the Thai tourist city of Pattaya where five masked gunmen kidnapped Schneider from his rented villa and buried his naked and disfigured body in a grave in woodlands a short drive away.
Police are investigating whether the "personal conflict" involved the proceeds of drug trafficking.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/antonio-bagnato-ordered-death-of-underworld-figure-wayne-schneider-thai-police-20151208-gli5jh.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2015-12-08

In the 60's, advice was, in the event of a nuclear engagement was to, stand in a doorway, put your head between your knees, and kiss you a**se goodbye. I think similar advice should be given to these loony-tunes and psychos.

So was he arrested in Cambodia or Bang sai area of Nonthaburi,?

you can get a headache trying to decipher some of these reports,

so many incontinences, inconsistencies

regards worgeordie

And again. And again. If you want to be a good liar you have to have a good memory for what you already told people. BTW, what other murders have they charged him with, or think he was involved in? Perhaps some in Cambodia, very recently?

Edited by The Deerhunter

Isn't it possible that after being extradited from Vietnam that he was placed under arrest after arriving in Thailand? I thought to be charged with a crime you needed to be arrested first then formally charged?

I question the reasoning in the police releasing information and the media desiminating it. It seems like mentioning that one suspect ratted out the others and releasing the names of other people they're still looking to capture could end up make their jobs harder.

What's wrong with just announcing that they are looking for certain people for questioning if they want the publics assistance?

Even in cases where a victim provides info used to catch the perpetrator, the police announce it. I don't see the sense in doing that.

If I'm ever a crime victim here I'm not got to say anything until they promise not to release my statements to the media. Last thing I'd want is my name in all the papers praising me for helping lock up a gang of criminals.

Their criminal careers have now come to an abrupt halt, all so funny if only the Australian police would lock them up .

The Aussie coppers would be hoping that all the charges stick. If they do, then they will get what only the coppers in Oz would like to give them but are prevented from doing so by the courts there.

''All their identities have been known by the Thai police following information given by the arrested American Tyler Gerard''.

So whats the interrogators tactics here then? You give us all the names and we will broadcasts this fact in the newspapers. Now you can go home and spend the rest of your life in a police protection program.

''All their identities have been known by the Thai police following information given by the arrested American Tyler Gerard''.

So whats the interrogators tactics here then? You give us all the names and we will broadcasts this fact in the newspapers. Now you can go home and spend the rest of your life in a police protection program.

This young lad seems to be a biker wanna be a gofer. Go for the girls go for the booze etc. At the stage of life (I have been there we all have) where you can screw up your future badly, permanently.

it doesn't really matter where bagnato was found as long as he and his accomplices are charged with murder and should be tried in a police court not in a military court the military are interfering in matters which should not concern them.

Unfortunately, this person has contravened Article 44, item 3, which relates to weapons, therefore a part of this scenario does concern them and they are being responsible in charging this person and placing him before a military court. In so far as the criminal matters relating to kidnapping, beating and murder, these will be dealt with by the courts within the criminal jurisdiction.

I get totally confused with 79% of these police related reports due to inconsistent reporting and writing. Wish they would hire an expat Editor for the news service

that is giving us English news so it conforms to real news standards and not pigeon English

I get totally confused with 79% of these police related reports due to inconsistent reporting and writing. Wish they would hire an expat Editor for the news service

that is giving us English news so it conforms to real news standards and not pigeon English

Pidgin English - a non standard version of the English language.

Pigeon English - Coo.

I love how the article basically says that Tyler has identified the other people involved in the kidnapp/murder.

I guess being 21 and the reality of being caught in Thailand was a little different than 'sons of Anarchy' . Looking at a very lengthy jail sentence in a system where there is a huge number of deaths in custody oiled the lips.

Or perhaps the police just said he named the others to flush them out and put a mark on him.

You never know in the land of smiles but one thing is for shore who good will a Big Mac taste after going without for anywhere up to 50 years.

On the contrary, there are vey few non-natural deaths in Thai prisons.

A Big Mac would taste exactly the same as the one that can be delivered to the prison if there is someone to place the order for the inmate.

I applaud them for arresting and sentencing this criminal so quickly, only wish they can do the same with thai criminals.

You are in turn applauded for being able to see into the future to know what sentence he may receive.