POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why it couldn't have been left well enough alone and continue as it was until yesterday till the end of the year and then decide how it would be run for next year.

The Dark Lord has spoken.. until the Jedi knights come forth you must bow and serve your new master.

Now, if we have a little brevity on what is a serious thread?

Oh No !

Oh What?

May the Force be with me!

I don't know why it couldn't have been left well enough alone and continue as it was until yesterday till the end of the year and then decide how it would be run for next year.

The Dark Lord has spoken.. until the Jedi knights come forth you must bow and serve your new master.

the dork lord.

MAINTENANCE DETAIL: saai.gif

Ron19 (currently with 12 votes) has withdrawn from the contest.

It is normal for some people to withdraw for whatever their reasons.

I think that has happened every year.

Mods: please delete Ron19 from the voting list.

Members: if Ron19 remains on the voting list, be aware the votes will not count.

If Ron19 is still on the voting list at midnight 17 December and shows in the top 20, he will still not advance.

MAJOR MAINTENANCE DETAIL:1zgarz5.gif

I am checking the validity of all the members on the current voting list and finding some spelling issues, easily corrected.

However, in the case of PGraham I can't identify who this is.

I see no record even of his nomination! How is that possible? Was his nomination post deleted?

No results on member search.

I see others referring to him but no posts from him.

What's up?

Is he a banned member?

In any case, unless someone can come forward and explain what member PGraham is supposed to be, I'm sorry, his results will need to be discarded and he will not move forward.

So if you know something about this, please come forward. Hopefully it's just a spelling error. If so, please provide the correct spelling.

Edited by Jingthing

My Caiprinho is going down a treat...may have to order another.

So did we see any sign of Luke yet?

I had to google that to discover what you are consuming.

You Hi-So you!

Also spelt 'caipirinha'

post-239113-0-42612800-1450253691_thumb.

smokie tweeted this image recently.

(taking good care of your nails I see!)

Caipirinha is Brazil's national cocktail, made with cachaça, sugar and lime. Cachaça, also known as Pinga or Caninha

My Caiprinho is going down a treat...may have to order another.

So did we see any sign of Luke yet?

I had to google that to discover what you are consuming.

You Hi-So you!

Also spelt 'caipirinha'

attachicon.gifCaipirinha.jpg

smokie tweeted this image recently.

(taking good care of your nails I see!)

Caipirinha is Brazil's national cocktail, made with cachaça, sugar and lime. Cachaça, also known as Pinga or Caninha

This version has kaffir leaves.

I am checking the validity of all the members on the current voting list and finding some spelling issues, easily corrected.

I see no record even of his nomination! How is that possible? Was his nomination post deleted?

What's up?

Is he a banned member?

In any case, unless someone can come forward and explain what member PGraham is supposed to be, I'm sorry, his results will need to be discarded and he will not move forward.

So if you know something about this, please come forward. Hopefully it's just a spelling error. If so, please provide the correct spelling.

pgrahmm

What's up?

Is he a banned member?

If I can help?

Maybe it's the member

pgrahmm

photo-114384.jpeg?_r=1433501813

EDIT:- That StreetCowboy is fast on the draw

I see him in the final showdown-shootout.

Edited by Supaluke

What's up?

Is he a banned member?

I'm afraid you're showing your complete lack of suitability for this task.

Everyone knows who PGraham is.

In addition, Ron has quit because of you. This is not acceptable. Candidates are bigger than the Poll Lord.

Kindly resign forthwith in order that Ron can remain in this contest.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE (IN RANDOM CAPITALS) TO ADMIRAL CYCLIST

If JT does not resign before 10pm tonight, please step forward to announce the coup.

The contest has now become secondary to the massive ego the complex, drawn-out process will be designed to showcase.

Just take the top 20, stick them in a new poll, give it a proper title and let it run without dicking around with it constantly.

Or the winner could just be declared NOW!

(sorry, I'm a little behind and am just getting caught up on this thread. Been busy campaigning on the streets of Chiang Mai. You've got to pound the pavement, folks! -- or at least haunt the malls)

Go Girl..... as they say ''Nancy by Name , Nancy by Nature''....

What's up?

Is he a banned member?

If I can help?

Maybe it's the member

pgrahmm

photo-114384.jpeg?_r=1433501813

Too many 's's for me.

I'm hoping for a howdown and a hoot-out.

Ljubljana.

MAINTENANCE DETAIL:

There are many spelling/spacing/capitalization errors on the current voting list.

Moving forward to the upcoming SEMIFINAL round, those who make the cut for the TOP 20 will be corrected at that time.

No real need to correct the current list.

Here is the list of the members with corrections.

The corrected version shown only:

Crazy Chef 1

pinkpanther99
Cypress Hill
pgrahmm
canarysun
JLCrab
KittenKong
robertthebruce
1BADDAT
cornishcarlos
puukao
StreetCowboy
villagefarang
Edited by Jingthing

Too many 's's for me.

I'm hoping for a howdown and a hoot-out.

Ljubljana.

Listen here - stop dicking around with the hoedown.

Put some starch in ya' strides, you need two strong knees and an itchy trigger finger to be a chance in this contest!

I am not very familiar with MOST of the candidates. So what?

I reckon the vast majority of members here also also not very familiar with MOST of the candidates.

That is another reason WHY when we get to the SEMIFINAL phase (soon) I plan on actively asking all of the TOP 20 to provide a statement about what's so great about them.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the people who thought enough to suggest my nomination and I think there was four.

I have not taken this step lightly and did so not because of any one person but because I could see something happening that I could not

agree with and as I mentioned before in a previous post that it echoes previous years.

That is all I wish to say and want to leave it at that.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the people who thought enough to suggest my nomination and I think there was four.

I have not taken this step lightly and did so not because of any one person but because I could see something happening that I could not

agree with and as I mentioned before in a previous post that it echoes previous years.

That is all I wish to say and want to leave it at that.

Are you referring to the ghost of David48?

In any case, dude, you don't need any reason to withdraw.

Up to you entirely.

Your exit has been recorded and will be honored.

Edited by Jingthing

I am not very familiar with MOST of the candidates. So what?

I reckon the vast majority of members here also also not very familiar with MOST of the candidates.

That is another reason WHY when we get to the SEMIFINAL phase (soon) I plan on actively asking all of the TOP 20 to provide a statement about what's so great about them.

Last year we didn't have to ask you did we ?.....JT, can you bugger off now and relax...Theres a good chap..thumbsup.gif

But, Trans can sing you a song IF the rest agree to go with you relaxing cocktail...whistling.gif

Buggering off, nice work if you can get it.

Congratulations on your strong showing so far this year.

May the best blowhard win!

We're worrying about whether the capital letters are correct in people's names now?

For heaven's sake, won't somebody with an actual sense of humour step in and get this back to the bit of fun it was meant to be, rather than JT's neurotic bureaucracy fest?

It was worth doing to verify that each member on the voting list actually exists. I found minor errors but there may have been major errors. It needed to be checked.

Also, if I don't get lazy, I plan on posting a list of all the semifinalists with their DIRECT LINKS so that people can click to them and have a look around. In that case (and also for searching) you do want exact spacing and spelling.

Edited by Jingthing

It was worth doing to verify that each member on the voting list actually exists. I found minor errors but there may have been major errors. It needed to be checked.

Also, if I don't get lazy, I plan on posting a list of all the semifinalists with their DIRECT LINKS so that people can click to them and have a look around. In that case (and also for searching) you do want exact spacing and spelling.

Well this really is turning out to be a laugh a minute festival of fun, isn't it?