British backpacker Jordan Jacobs 'found on Thai beach'

Jonathan Fairfield

British backpacker Jordan Jacobs 'found on Thai beach'

jj.jpg

BANGKOK:-- A British backpacker who went missing for almost a week in Thailand has been found strolling on a beach, police say.

Jordan Jacobs, from Lyneham, Wiltshire, had been last seen at a restaurant on the island of Ko Phi Phi Don on Saturday.

His family, who had reported him missing to the Foreign Office, were increasingly concerned for his welfare.

Thai police told the BBC Mr Jacobs, 21, was found on the beach in the Phi Phi archipelago.

Wiltshire Police has also said he had contacted his family to tell him he was fine.

The Foreign Office earlier confirmed it was offering consular assistance to Mr Jacobs's family.

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-12-17

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missing Brit tourist found safe on popular island off Phuket

By Matt Pond

1450347082_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: A British man who had been reported missing from Koh Phi Phi Don since Monday (Dec 15) has been found alive and is currently at the island’s police station.

Krabi Police Superintendent Col Sompong Thipaphakul confirmed to The Phuket News that 21-year-old Jordan Jacobs was found this afternoon on the island.

Mr Jacobs was expected to take a flight back home to the UK yesterday but did not make the flight. He has been travelling around Asia since October.

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-17

UPDATE: Missing British man found on beach, trying to apply for diving job

12341118_10153502037923300_7754887375274

KRABI:-- The British man who was reported missing by his family after sending them a message saying he was sorry he would never see them again has been found - strolling on the beach and trying to apply for a diving job.

BBC Wilshire reported that Jordan Jacobs, 21, who had gone missing for five days after telling his family he was with a Thai man who scared him, had been in touch with his mum from Thailand and was okay.

Thai police found the backpacker on a beach, safe and well.

Police Col Lt Jetsada Junphum on Koh Phi Phi Don told the Guardian: "We found him trying to apply for a diving job on Koh Phi Phi. He was walking along the beach."

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-17

I would doubt he was having too much fun for 100% of the time if he called his family crying because some bad man won't let him go....

I think he could have picked a better excuse than that to extend the holiday for another week

Maybe something bad happened but he didn't want to tell the media, his family or the police

Lots of victims don't report crimes because of fear and or embarrassment etc

There's a lot of TVF members eager to condemn the lad for going missing and eager to to accuse him of taking illegal substances.

The use of illegal drugs and illegal substances in Thailand carries extremely severe penalties. Accusations against anybody regarding the use of drugs or other illegal substances could result in awful consequences for someone for whom there is no evidence of them commiting these crimes in Thailand (Think about it).

Edited by Maestro
Removed nonsensical part of the post

Does the idiot have a work visa ? Typical hippie-dippy lost foreigner who should have never been allowed to board the plane. Millions more of them arriving here daily. Full Moon Party/Khao San Road/Pai/ Koh Phi Phi good example.

I'm only wondering who the "idiot" here is? Of course were you never young. You seem to be a very ignorant person.

"Millions of them arriving here daily", But one super(self-deleted) on this forum seems to have an island username.

BTW, there's nothing written about him having a "work visa." Must be boring to sit on your Nana barstool day by day.

Edited by lostinisaan

An inappropriate headline which leads one to believe he was washed ashore on the beach. Given the history of it happening to many missing tourists.

Good that he is alive and kicking.

He is an adult and doesn't have to call mommy all the time. But once again, given tourists who disappear here normal outcome it was reasonable for the family to worry so much and hats off to the BIB who found him.

What kind of scumbag calls his parents and deliberately make them think some man has kidnapped him in some far away Asian country and is going to kill him ?.

I can't believe the support he is getting from people here. He should be locked up for a few days before they deport him so he can reflect on his actions.

What kind of scumbag calls his parents and deliberately make them think some man has kidnapped him in some far away Asian country and is going to kill him ?.

I can't believe the support he is getting from people here. He should be locked up for a few days before they deport him so he can reflect on his actions.

What if he got drunk or mental illness or robbed or raped by a gang of ladyboys?

I don't think this is the first lie any sane person would choose.....

Maybe him take a polygraph test....

If he's lying intentionally then a week in that jail should be enough time to reflect :)

He should be charged with wasting police time, and get a clip around the ears when he gets back home.

And pay the newspapers of my homecountry, he was on the frontpage and still is. Next time a spoiled kid from the UK is missing they won't publish it.

correction: They removed him from the frontpage and wrote he is allright, what an idiot! This will follow him the rest of his life.

Edited by Thian

A simple message like "Mom, I am going to extend my vacation for another week, so don't worry." or "Mom, I am trying to apply for a diving instructor job here and might stay a while longer." would have seemed appropriate. But no, instead he concocts a "bad Thai man is after me and I might be dead soon" story and puts his entire family back home under indescribable stress. Selfish, immature punk.

I presume he did not purchase the airline ticket for the flight he did not show up for... presume his account at the Bank of Mum & Dad is now closed. whistling.gif

I would be inclined to think he may be in a lot of trouble now, particularly with Immigration. gigglem.gif

I doubt he has done any diving recently with a beard like his.

Edited by Basil B

A simple message like "Mom, I am going to extend my vacation for another week, so don't worry." or "Mom, I am trying to apply for a diving instructor job here and might stay a while longer." would have seemed appropriate. But no, instead he concocts a "bad Thai man is after me and I might be dead soon" story and puts his entire family back home under indescribable stress. Selfish, immature punk.

He gave Thailand a bad name, can he dive anyway and be an instructor?

This boy needs some attitude adjustment from mummie, she even was coming to find him here and cancelled her treatment for cancer.

He thought he could fool his family and even missed his flight.

I presume he did not purchase the airline ticket for the flight he did not show up for... presume his account at the Bank of Mum & Dad is now closed. whistling.gif

I would be inclined to think he may be in a lot of trouble now, particularly with Immigration. gigglem.gif

He would have got 30/60 days visa exempt on UK passport and could extend again for 1900 THB for extra month

Probably only overstayed by a day or two if he was meant to fly out of bkk yesterday

Don't think immigration will care too much about a kid who stayed on the beach party after it was over :)

Does the idiot have a work visa ? Typical hippie-dippy lost foreigner who should have never been allowed to board the plane. Millions more of them arriving here daily. Full Moon Party/Khao San Road/Pai/ Koh Phi Phi good example.

Wow must really get you down the lads living life, perhaps you should be forced to live someone elses like you seem to want him to.

Do you ? what a pathetic and Stalinist attitude.

Shame you clearly never had a life opportunity at 21 to travel the world, might have made you a better and less judgemental person... whistling.gif

Will this be a headline in the British press? With some apologies towards all the falsely suspected 'bad Thais'? Also a clear explaination of what happened to the moron, and what his little game was about? Will mamy, daddy, and the British media spank his bottom bright red? Guess not, not 'news' anymore...