Pattaya is dead

VIPinthailand

Yes there are mongers out there who would prefer Pattaya to be run down and in a state of near ruin. To them this would equate to cheap sex, cheap guesthouses, cheap beer, food, massages and so on. It would be a kind of Utopia for losers who denigrate anyone who has been successful in their working life and can now afford some of lifes finer things. Pattaya is here for all of us to enjoy, not just the losers!

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think military governments appeal to tourists much either, not that Thailand has one of course, but thats not what the newspapers outside Thailand say

but in general (no pun intended), its just not as friendly as it was, many people I know are going to other places

This is getting better and better. The money boys behind the despoliation of Fun City with their Centrals and marinas and Bali Hi carparks and horrid walkways must be sweating right now. EXCELLENT. I hope they get severly burnt.

Fun City hurrah.

Where I agree that it is slow business in Pattaya, I would suggest that you have a look at the current situation in your home country wherever you're from, before you continue to applaud the economic downturn in Thailand.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I just want the rich guys trying to ruin Fun City to go broke so they'll stop ruining it. I don't see what back home has to do with that. There are no "Fun Citys" in my home country to ruin anyway, and there's not much fun either, because the PC clowns have taken it over.

Where do I say I want THAILAND to go broke? I didn't, so please stop trying to twist what I said. I want rich people ruining PATTAYA to go broke, that's all.

Poor baby. Less cheap sex for u

I can assure you that there is still plenty of cheap sex available in Pattaya despite the changes.

I can assure you that there is still plenty of cheap sex available in Pattaya despite the changes.

This is good news.

Long live Sex Town thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

If I may interpose,I am a great admirer of your posts and am more than willing to vote you "poster of the year" Yes sex sex sex morning noon and night,in fact two or three times during the night, a poke here,a poke there breeds new life into the old

Thank you for posting on a subject that is extra close to my heart and extremities

Thank you

This is good news.

Long live Sex Town thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

If I may interpose,I am a great admirer of your posts and am more than willing to vote you "poster of the year" Yes sex sex sex morning noon and night,in fact two or three times during the night, a poke here,a poke there breeds new life into the old

Thank you for posting on a subject that is extra close to my heart and extremities

Thank you

I didn't know you cared wub.pngcheesy.gif

This is getting better and better. The money boys behind the despoliation of Fun City with their Centrals and marinas and Bali Hi carparks and horrid walkways must be sweating right now. EXCELLENT. I hope they get severly burnt.

Fun City hurrah.

Where I agree that it is slow business in Pattaya, I would suggest that you have a look at the current situation in your home country wherever you're from, before you continue to applaud the economic downturn in Thailand.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I just want the rich guys trying to ruin Fun City to go broke so they'll stop ruining it. I don't see what back home has to do with that. There are no "Fun Citys" in my home country to ruin anyway, and there's not much fun either, because the PC clowns have taken it over.

Where do I say I want THAILAND to go broke? I didn't, so please stop trying to twist what I said. I want rich people ruining PATTAYA to go broke, that's all.

So taking a dirty, smelly city more upscale is ruining it in your book?

The reason that business is slow in Pattaya is not because they build some upscale hotels and shopping malls, but because there is hunger and destruction in the Western world and they don't have the money anymore to spend.

Of course it's ruining it. It isn't improving the city, just adding more cars and buses to an already impossible infrastructure.

Pattaya was just fine before. I have to wonder if you have ever stayed in an average Thai town/ city if you think it needed "improving". Try living where I do and you'd think Pattaya was lovely too.

taking a dirty, smelly city more upscale

They haven't taken it upscale at all. It's exactly the same dirty smelly 'hole it was before, with a few flash buildings added. The roads are exactly the same, the sewer stink is exactly the same, the dirty beach is exactly the same, the polluted sea is exactly the same, the polluting tour buses on Beach are exactly the same, Walking Street is exactly the same, Bali Hi is exactly the same, the floods are exactly the same,. The only thing that's different is the extra lane on Beach so the cars can go faster and make it even more difficult to cross the road, and the walkway, which is collapsing.

I don't get why they had to pick on Pattaya anyway. Jomptien, Naklua, Rayong, Sri Racha could all have been developed, but they had to pick on the one place where the big boys liked to play.

The reason that business is slow in Pattaya is not because they build some upscale hotels and shopping malls, but because there is hunger and destruction in the Western world and they don't have the money anymore to spend.

and that's the time they decide to "invest" zillions into Pattaya 55555555555. If they really are smart, they'd have picked a better time to do so. It's not like it hasn't been obvious since 2007 that the whole world economy was going down the gurgler, with the predictable results that we see now. I guess they aren"t so smart at all- bit stupid actually.

Yes there are mongers out there who would prefer Pattaya to be run down and in a state of near ruin. To them this would equate to cheap sex, cheap guesthouses, cheap beer, food, massages and so on. It would be a kind of Utopia for losers who denigrate anyone who has been successful in their working life and can now afford some of lifes finer things. Pattaya is here for all of us to enjoy, not just the losers!

It's been monger town long before you arrived, so what attracted you to it, that you wanted to stay there?

Plenty of more suitable places to stay in Thailand for those that don't like monging, but you had to live in Pattaya and try to change it.

To listen to you lot, Pattaya used to be a very quiet, beautiful place with a population that was all prudes, and suddenly, just recently it changed to what it is today 555555555555555.

It's always been hooker heaven, at least probably as long as you've known it.

Utopia for losers who denigrate anyone who has been successful in their working life and can now afford some of lifes finer things.

Here's a thought- go live on the dark side and never go into town. That way you can live in Pattaya and never be offended, ever again. No one ever forced you to go among the losers.

Life's finer things- in Pattaya! Where do you think you are- the French Riviera cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

No way its dead,big big bar up for rent Soy Boocow 100 baht a day, stock included,3 year deferment on rent,now it is overly expensive I know 25 baht a day might get someone biting

Great thundering balls of fire, I'd rent it just to have a cheaper place to live, never mind trying to make a living out of it. Are hotel rates coming down as well?

In 2011 they were charging 600 on LK for a room only worth 300 in saner times.

No way its dead,big big bar up for rent Soy Boocow 100 baht a day, stock included,3 year deferment on rent,now it is overly expensive I know 25 baht a day might get someone biting

An exemplary failure.

Started as another GoGo bar ("REHAB").

Went bust after a year (?) or so.

Continued as an open bar.

Now 100 Baht/day????

("Soy Boocow" goes to my compilation tongue.png )

Edited by KhunBENQ

An exemplary failure.

Started as another GoGo bar.

Now 100 Baht/day????

Don't pay attention to a troll post, the banner if for rental motorbikes.

LoL.....i guess trying to turn the global capital of whoring into something it can never be has nothing to do with it.

If everyone in the world had the same understanding about improvement as you, we would all still live in caves.

Thought you lived in nirun condo....oh wait....hehe.

An exemplary failure.

Now 100 Baht/day????

After two beers I loose the critical look gigglem.gif

But thanks for the hint on motorcycle rental thumbsup.gif

Plan to be there in a week or so.

If it's any consolation, some provinces further north are not doing much better, probably worse.

I can see a few heading further south in the near future, myself included.

There is more plusses down there, and I don't mean the sleaze, the sea breeze, more variety on food, closer proximity to Bangkok, cheaper prices in normal bars, cheaper rents, to name a few.

Living in the provinces, initially is good, but after a few years (10 for me), it becomes a bit boring, there is not that much to do here.

Of course, the people who have spent their savings on property for their partners, will disagree, not many will say they dislike it because they have no alternative, but quite a few up here, who have not made those commitments, are talking about moving away from life in the province.

An exemplary failure.

Now 100 Baht/day????

its not motorbike rental, its open beer bars, that place never took off and there are a lot of other empty places for rent in that part of soi bau kau as well

Is it my eyesight or did somebody really have a banner printed that big & managed to misspell "Baht" as "Bath"!!!

its not motorbike rental, its open beer bars, that place never took off and there are a lot of other empty places for rent in that part of soi bau kau as well

So it is rent 1 beer bar for 100 Baht a day, right?

Sign me up, in fact I want to rent all of them they have available.

If they have 10 beer bars available I pay 1000 Baht a day, right?

So it is rent 1 beer bar for 100 Baht a day, right?

Sign me up, in fact I want to rent all of them they have available.

If they have 10 beer bars available I pay 1000 Baht a day, right?

No,you get a discount,rent 5 ,get one free

Is it my eyesight or did somebody really have a banner printed that big & managed to misspell "Baht" as "Bath"!!!

I have seen it spelt that way many times, and often heard it pronounced at 'Bat'.

thumbsup.gif Congrats to your eyesight!

I have seen it spelt that way many times, and often heard it pronounced at 'Bat'.

All using the same spell(mis)checker biggrin.png

And the irony behind: "bat" would be the correct spelling following their "official" rules and fits for non-English speakers.

But again they adjusted it for the English speakers.

Don't want their money to be pronounced like a flying mammal laugh.png

Hmmmmm. I guess you haven't been in Thailand very long. It used to be spelled like that a lot, back in the day.

BTW, there is no "correct" way to spell Thai words in English as there is no direct equivalence between Thai and English alphabets.

Hence different variations in spelling of many words, if you look.

thumbsup.gif Congrats to your eyesight!

All using the same spell(mis)checker biggrin.png

And the irony behind: "bat" would be the correct spelling following their "official" rules and fits for non-English speakers.

But again they adjusted it for the English speakers.

Don't want their money to be pronounced like a flying mammal laugh.png

Never mind the flying things, what about the pronunciation of khrap? giggle.gif