What do you always bring back with you when you visit home?

jonesyb

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats with everyone bringing Levi jeans? There are other makes you know! and the same quality. Also Thailand has the best food I have tasted I would buy nothing food related from the UK. And Coffee beans? Really? The stuff is made grown here and from what I can see, for the same quality it's about the same price if not cheaper.....confused!

I buy my coffee beans at Cost Plus in California. They have a fantastic assortment of beans from many coffee producing nations. They are also half the price of beans here in LOS. However, I think that VietNamese Coffee is excellent and do purchase those beans here. I am using Levi's more in a generic sense as there are a large variety of manufacturers of jeans other than Levi's. Perhaps I should have posted US brand jeans.

Re: the question how do you bring cheese and bacon. You freeze it and wrap it well, it's still frozen when you arrive. I

i just keep the cheese in the fridge and the last moment throw it in my suitcase. A flight takes 16-17 hrs but it is still good.

The underwear i also don't get, Jockeys and many other brands are in Central.

Sauces are in Foodland, also HP.

For herbs you go to Central Chidlom the supermarket at ground floor in the back.

Last year i brought an icecream maker but lately i even don't bring any suitcase, only handluggage with cheese and salmon.

shoes yer proper size ?

it is really hard to keep the topic, all theze geezers throwing in ironics.

aw, yes, I'll throw in my five cents, don't bring back herpes, anything else you are free with

Edited by crazygreg44

Size 12 shoes and trainers, chorizo, nandos sauce, decent neck ties, coffee, proper chocolate, jungle formula mozzie spray, mozzie repellant shirts and shorts, a new samsonite bag at over half the price here. The list goes on...

Mozzie spray is in Homepro, it's called OFF.....comes in a orange spraycan and works vely good.

Chipolte peppers in adobo, spices hard to get here like annatto, sous vide quality plastic zip bags, Germain Robin brandy, cheese, Pappy's seasoning, Prague pink powder #1, corn tortillas, vitamins, aspirin, ibuprofen, allergy medicine, pool test kit, glasses, books, xxxl clothes, good quality bedding, high quality sausage & bacon, dried chiles from new mexico, kitchen utensils like can openers & corkscrews (much better made), good knives

Also, whatever turns up at Costco. As for a bag, a large ice chest.

I bring with me to Thailand:

+ My Thai Wife.

+ Blocks of Cheese

+ Bottles of Cheap Lotion - hand lotion. My wife brings 20 bottles.

+ Spices - packages of spices, Cajun spices - many different spices.

+ New shoes. Never buy in Thailand.

+ Properly fitted shirts.

+ Jeans.

+ Children's toys from Wal-Mart.

+ Kitchen/Cooking Utensils.

An appreciation for what will truly be a "simpler" way of life.

Whats with everyone bringing Levi jeans? There are other makes you know! and the same quality. Also Thailand has the best food I have tasted I would buy nothing food related from the UK. And Coffee beans? Really? The stuff is made grown here and from what I can see, for the same quality it's about the same price if not cheaper.....confused!

I have said that persons here from the UK have an intense desire to eat the foods that their mothers fed them when they were 6 years old. But the Yanks seem to be drawing closer.

As for those that cleverly mention their Thai wife brought to and from the home country, Dan Hicks & his Hot Licks had a song entitled "How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?" -- the title was better than the song.

Edited by JLCrab

The reality is you can probably get most things here, some on my list for sure. I have the luggage capacity, and it seems to be easier to go through the list in the UK, shopping in Thailand I find more effort. Then I sit in the pub with a pint of real al with my shopping round me.Then call a taxi home.

Tea bags, saccharine tablets, Marks and Spencer undies, shaving foam and disposable razors, bras for the Mrs (big girl!). Odd bits an bobs that I can't find in LOS and they went on a list, I order on Ebay there.

Once it was a new phone and a computer, I hate having Thai software or characters on the keyboard.

Clothes for the Mrs, (gifts) blouses and T-shirts.

I realise AliBaba can now supply many things, or Lazada.

Socks, underwear, large containers of aspirin, large containers of CVS pain medicine. Usually pass ride so am lmited to one carrry-on bag. In times past I would bring in huge slabs of US London Broil beef charred and then frozen, Beef here is now quite good if a bit on the expensive side

socks and underpants

. . . and other clothes that fit well from your favorite store. I'm American, so I shop at Kohl's or Penney's and load up on cargo shorts and casual shirts. Better fit, better quality, better price (for the quality) than in Thailand.

Also, maybe your favorite brand of soap. Mine is Dial, which is sold here in CM at Rimping Market, but cheaper in the US.

Sometimes I bring an economy-sized canister of pretzels, which go great with beer. Sometimes granola bars, good on the golf course or while biking.

Never been back to the US in twelve years but I have my brother send me Head Cushion foot athletic socks from Costco, Mitchum deodorant, razor blades, suspenders to hold up my pants, real shoes, shoe laces and polish, wood working tools for my shop, parts for restoring my old cars and MC. Anything that I can't seem to find or don't know how to find here. I order and get a multi item package every two or three months.

I always bring back real canadian mapyle syrup my kids love it and so do I

I have also brought back most of my kitchen knives (hinkle)good pots and many other things we use every day

I find many things less expensive in Canada .

And lots of kids toys

everything what you can buy in UK you can get here. Often much cheaper, often more expensive. No need to fill your suit case with stupid things.

so where do i get hhb25 honda blower and honda hedgecutter?

easy as that: order it (at Honda, or, Aliexpress, ebay, or direct in Japan) Man, it's only a matter of money.

Oh really..............go have a lie down

J Cloths

M&S underwear

and beyond that, democracy, freedom of speech and human rights would be nice if you can fit them in your bag.

The first two, cheese, Brazil nuts, Shepard pie mix etc

for me its food and candies specially chocolate and other foods

Most cheeses freeze perfectly and can stay years in the freezer. Some might change texture a little but still ok. Has anyone ever been discovered by customs? If so what happened?

Maybe still OK for you -- not still OK for me.

Pointless response but nevertheless....Your loss

Do they sell packages of SANITY ?

It would really make no difference regardless of the size or quantity of it. Falangs leave all semblance of Sanity at the airport as they check through immigration. Some may pick it up again upon leaving.

There is more Sanity left at Suvarnabumi Airport than any other airport in the world.