Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

There is no requirement for the bank book being updated the same day as applying for the extension.

The requirement is that the date of the bank book update & the bank letter "certifying" the fund amount in that account ARE the same date.

I obtain my bank book and letter anywhere from 3-5 days before applying for the extension and there has never been a problem.

Actually, for most of us using a term bank account as support for the 800k requirement, there is no "update" usually available. I obtained my annual extension based on retirement last month and base it an appropriate amount I keep in a SCB term account (11 months starting last September) and, while I always stick the bankbook in the update machine just to see what will happen, the machine always spits it out and indicates on the screen that "no update is available."

For those maintaining only one account and using the same account for expenses, I know that it's critical that the bank letter and the bank passbook (and copies) show exactly the same amount; however, I've never heard that that the update of the passbook has to be the same date as the bank letter.

• Like 1

There is no requirement for the bank book being updated the same day as applying for the extension.

The requirement is that the date of the bank book update & the bank letter "certifying" the fund amount in that account ARE the same date.

I obtain my bank book and letter anywhere from 3-5 days before applying for the extension and there has never been a problem.

Actually, for most of us using a term bank account as support for the 800k requirement, there is no "update" usually available. I obtained my annual extension based on retirement last month and base it an appropriate amount I keep in a SCB term account (11 months starting last September) and, while I always stick the bankbook in the update machine just to see what will happen, the machine always spits it out and indicates on the screen that "no update is available."

For those maintaining only one account and using the same account for expenses, I know that it's critical that the bank letter and the bank passbook (and copies) show exactly the same amount; however, I've never heard that that the update of the passbook has to be the same date as the bank letter.

I get my bank letter and update the day before the extension,the difference being with mine,investment account, in the Bangkok Bank I can get an update any time by simply using the machine.As I have a long term mistrust for any bank,in any country.I do this at least 4-5 times a year.

Perhaps if you took the bank book inside to a teller they would confirm the balance.

It can only be it varies from bank to bank but I feel better when I know its still there,also that any paranoid Imm Officer can see I have'nt been shifting the money around!

There's no question from my experience and observing others that the bankbook needs to have an update- whether by a transaction such as a deposit- approximate to applying for the extension AND the bank letter "certifying" the same both dated the same date. Sitting next to the guy last week when we both were applying for our retirement extensions his application was rejected because the bank passbook and letter were not dated the same even tho the deposit amount was the same.

J.M.O.

but not helping the disabled as mentioned and supported on this thread is indeed very callous!!!!

you can bet a london to brick on . if the situation was reversed, it would be a different kettle of fish

its a great life , long as, u don.t weaken,smile.png good morning to allbiggrin.png

J.M.O.

but not helping the disabled as mentioned and supported on this thread is indeed very callous!!!!

you can bet a london to brick on . if the situation was reversed, it would be a different kettle of fish

its a great life , long as, u don.t weaken,smile.png good morning to allbiggrin.png

The difference is what is a disability!!

Some might have a slight problem

Others more serious

I have a disability but do not use to get to the front of the que

J.M.O.

Others more serious

read the post, that E/S was relating to, wheel chair cobbersmile.png

J.M.O.

Others more serious

Merely using a wheelchair is not a disability requiring jumping the q. I know, my ex was a wheelchair user. She could sit in that thing all day.

• Like 1

Need to go to Promenada Immigration office early next week to get new exit / re-entry stamp. Never been there before.

Is it easy to find the appropriate queue? Should I get one of the 'agents' on site to help complete the application form?

Any suggested best day / best time to go there?

I found an old immigration document on line for the exit / re-entry application but it seems to be years out of date.

Would appreciate if someone would please share a link to the up to date form.

Thanks.

Immigration is on the ground floor, easy to find

Go there either mid morning or afternoon, the re-entry queue is small

You should do it yourself

Print out the form from Thai Immigration website

You'll also need 4 x 6 cm photo, blue background

Cost 1000B Single, 3800B Multiple

Immigration is on the ground floor, easy to find

Go there either mid morning or afternoon, the re-entry queue is small

You should do it yourself

Print out the form from Thai Immigration website

You'll also need 4 x 6 cm photo, blue background

Cost 1000B Single, 3800B Multiple

Thanks, is there any requirement to show an air or travel ticket out of Thailand?

No

What type of visa do you have

I have permanent residence.

I was in there last Tuesday at 11:00 ion the morning. A lady was getting a single reentry. I asked her how long she had to wait. She said they had just sent her right in no waiting. From all I have heard it is a quick procedure. It took me half an hour last year. I had a friend help me fill out one for next month paper work is not my strong point. If you are unsure of any thing point it out to the girls out front they might know. Or before you get a queue number ask some of the people waiting for other visas help them break up the monotony..

For myself I am going to get my picture taken next door. I have been using the same one now for 4 years and am looking a little older. I know it will cost me more to have them do it but it will be exactly what immigration wants.

Good Luck.

Need to go to Promenada Immigration office early next week to get new exit / re-entry stamp. Never been there before.

Is it easy to find the appropriate queue? Should I get one of the 'agents' on site to help complete the application form?

I found an old immigration document on line for the exit / re-entry application but it seems to be years out of date.

Thanks.

Unless it's changed since I was there, there is only ONE q. They give everyone a number for whatever service they require.

The q is OUTSIDE the building and you need to go between the two buildings that make up Promenada to find it.

I don't recall requiring any special documentation to obtain my re entry other than a passport with valid visa. Absolutely no need to have an agent do it.

I arrived after 11am to do my 90 day and went straight in to do the re entry.

Thanks.

Unless it's changed since I was there, there is only ONE q. They give everyone a number for whatever service they require.

The q is OUTSIDE the building and you need to go between the two buildings that make up Promenada to find it.

I don't recall requiring any special documentation to obtain my re entry other than a passport with valid visa. Absolutely no need to have an agent do it.

I arrived after 11am to do my 90 day and went straight in to do the re entry.

Wrong on all counts....there are 4 different queues to line up to receive different colored que cards depending on the service you require. For re-entry you need to have completed the proper application form with a passport photo affixed and copies of the appropriate pages from your passport attached to support the re-entry application.

Or you can get re-entry at the airport as you leave. Only takes a few minutes as I did it once before years ago and I checked earlier this month at the airport that they are still doing multiple entry as well as single. Saves that trip out to Promenada.

Noticed in yesterdays Bangkok media that Immigration are due to open NEW offices in Chaiyaphum and Saraphi.

I would suggest both areas are hardly significant in high expat numbers.

Rather makes a mockery of the old chestnut "no funding available" to employ more staff in CM where they obviously are needed.

Noticed in yesterdays Bangkok media that Immigration are due to open NEW offices in Chaiyaphum and Saraphi.

Rather makes a mockery of the old chestnut "no funding available" to employ more staff in CM where they obviously are needed.

I don't think they want extra staff; a smooth running office would cut back on the amount of people that use agents and other practices that are in place now that provides them with extra income.

I don't think they want extra staff; a smooth running office would cut back on the amount of people that use agents and other practices that are in place now that provides them with extra income.

Thanks for all the replies.

I found the exit / re-entry application form on the Immigration website but it seems to be years out of date.

Can someone please share an up to date link.

Thank you.

Or you can get re-entry at the airport as you leave. Only takes a few minutes as I did it once before years ago and I checked earlier this month at the airport that they are still doing multiple entry as well as single. Saves that trip out to Promenada.

Thats true but I think the majority of people feel a little more secure having a re-entry before they get to the airport.

One bad experience,having to wait 30 mins to be processed, in Bangkok was enough to say never again

I agree

If there is no One t The Airport

You have just lost you Visa whichever one you have

• Like 1

Thanks.

It all depends on the Day the time

it is like Russian Roulette

You never know how many people will be on that time and that day

Thats true but I think the majority of people feel a little more secure having a re-entry before they get to the airport.

One bad experience,having to wait 30 mins to be processed, in Bangkok was enough to say never again

Get to the airport a little earlier. Much better than faffing around at Promenada.

Get to the airport a little earlier. Much better than faffing around at Promenada.

Nah, I already go early, but I'm not taking the chance that something goes wrong and I don't get the re entry permit. There's no significant wait for a re entry at Prom, and no need to turn up early.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies.

I found the exit / re-entry application form on the Immigration website but it seems to be years out of date.

Can someone please share an up to date link.

Thank you.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Be sure to print the TM8 on A4 paper, front and back, not as a two-page form.

• Like 1

I was at Promenada on Wednesday for a re-entry permit. I arrived at 2:50pm and the paperwork was checked outside. Although the sign said photo must be 4X6, mine was smaller than that and with a white background, but it was accepted. I was given queue number 61 and 58 was being processed. I was called to the desk at 3:05 and left at 3:10. As I arrived at 2:50, retirement extension number 17 was called, number 18 was called at 3:00, and number 19 was called as I was leaving at 3:10.

• Like 1

They've throttled back the retirement extensions to just 20 per day with only one officer doing the work. Something about personnel from the Chiang Mai office being needed to open those new Imm. offices.

but according to you, a little while back, during a C.E.C. meeting that a special task force(words that you used) had proposals or agenda , etc etc in the making etc etc to alleviate the ret visa very poor service etc etc at the zoo

it would be very kind of you,for a update on how that is progressing???