Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

20 minutes ago, stament said:

Thanks what about the queing for the TM30? Is Promenada bad?

It's been fast the times I've been there (Promenada, 2nd floor office), like only 10-15 minutes at most.  My experience was showing up around opening time...no long queues waiting for them to open; maybe 10-15 people waiting.  It was suggested to me to avoid Mondays and Fridays, so that's what I did.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

My point is simply that the information I am relaying was printed in black and white on the OFFICIAL instruction sheet that the Promenada IO gave me, and was confirmed by the IO when I questioned her about details of bank funds.

Here's a copy of the instruction sheet (attached):

IMG_0572.JPG

These are the documents needed for a visa conversion or application, not for an annual extension.  As CMBob pointed out, it's totally unrealistic to "prove" foreign remittance of your 800,000 baht retirement account after a few years.

I know some people who make a practice of researching local bank rates for time deposits and move their 800,000 to whatever bank is paying the best rate as soon as they receive their annual extension.  Most of them aren't organized enough to have the "paper trial" to show Imm. how the funds originally came into Thailand via Bangkok Bank, then were moved to Kasikorn, then onto SCB, then UOB, then onto Krungthai, etc. chasing the best 1/2 of 1/4% interest rate from year to year.  Heck, most of these guys don't think it's important to keep expired passports or used, no-longer-valid bankbooks.

47 minutes ago, NancyL said:

These are the documents needed for a visa conversion or application, not for an annual extension.  As CMBob pointed out, it's totally unrealistic to "prove" foreign remittance of your 800,000 baht retirement account after a few years....

OK, point well made, and I'm actually glad to hear that since I agree that it would be a pain if you decided to switch banks in the future.  However, would you agree that it is indeed required as a first step to getting the extension; namely getting the 90 day Non-O Visa?

Perhaps I am thinking of the process incorrectly, but I think of the "retirement visa" as a two-step process.  First you get the 90 day Non-O visa, and then you apply for the one year extension.  If you think of it that way, the proof of foreign remittance is critically important to ultimately getting the Extension.

I only made an issue about this because some people that are planning to apply for "retirement visa" would have issues if they deposited undocumented funds on the assumption there was no need to prove foreign remittance during the initial step, namely, applying for the Non-O Visa.

18 minutes ago, NancyL said:

It depends on whether the Imm Officer wants to make their life difficult or not.  Remember the business model at CM Imm.  Is there anything in the official Thai gov't rules that require foreign sourcing?

All I know is what was on the instruction sheet the Imm officer gave me, and her explanation about the three requirements it listed (as I attached to the above post), namely sub-items 5-1, 5-2, and 5-3, and sub-item 5-3 calls for "a document proving foreign remittance".

Also, I know this topic has been discussed on TVF, not only up here in Chiang Mai but in Bangkok and Chon Buri, so it's not unique just to Promenada.

I guess it is a moot point anyway and certainly not worthy of all the wasted bandwidth this "heated" discussion caused since most people's funds are documented foreign remittances when they first come here...but it's not unreasonable to assume that some might not be documented. (i.e.: bringing cash into the Kingdom).

16 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

It was an error and not an expansion.  Kohsamida's Post on this subject concerns the first retirement requirements not subsequent ones. The rules are different! See my post above.

Scottiejohn

I think you may be getting  yourself mixed up

Their is a difference getting a O A Visa Overseas

As to getting a Visa in Thailand

I think we have talked a lot on this

i can not believe that there is so much on getting a Visa

IMHO

7 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

All I know is what was on the instruction sheet the Imm officer gave me, and her explanation about the three requirements it listed (as I attached to the above post), namely sub-items 5-1, 5-2, and 5-3, and sub-item 5-3 calls for "a document proving foreign remittance".

Also, I know this topic has been discussed on TVF, not only up here in Chiang Mai but in Bangkok and Chon Buri, so it's not unique just to Promenada.

I guess it is a moot point anyway and certainly not worthy of all the wasted bandwidth this "heated" discussion caused since most people's funds are documented foreign remittances when they first come here...but it's not unreasonable to assume that some might not be documented. (i.e.: bringing cash into the Kingdom).

What you were given is not an official government document, but a set of guidelines produced by a local Imm. office and it's very specific for the visa conversion or application process, not for subsequent visa extensions.

It's a perfect example of how local Imm. offices dream up their own rules.  For example, Koh Samui requires a medical form from a specific gov't hospital in order to obtain a retirement extension.

If I arrive on a new non-immigrant O (spouse) 1 year multi entry visa can I just report to Promenada after 90 days with required documents and pay a fee to refresh for another 90 days or do I need to exit the country?

Sorry just not sure if 90 day reporting applies to the new nom Immigrant O visa obtained outside TH.

Thanks

6 hours ago, NancyL said:

What you were given is not an official government document, but a set of guidelines produced by a local Imm. office and it's very specific for the visa conversion or application process, not for subsequent visa extensions.

It's a perfect example of how local Imm. offices dream up their own rules.  For example, Koh Samui requires a medical form from a specific gov't hospital in order to obtain a retirement extension.

Could it be that even Nancy is getting a little tired of this never ending need for information, interpretation,  explanation,  corroboration,  interrogation ...  by one Kmoto.  Some things in life you

learn by first hand experience.  I believe it was you that remarked how the  IO's do not take well to

questions...and more questions.....and more explanations. 

Now i know that he is deeply offended and thinks anyone questioning his methods has it out for him.

Not true.   But i have a right to my opinion same as anyone....and believe that when the IO is in a bad

mood it just might be because of the person who came before me.

23 hours ago, stament said:

If I arrive on a new non-immigrant O (spouse) 1 year multi entry visa can I just report to Promenada after 90 days with required documents and pay a fee to refresh for another 90 days or do I need to exit the country?

Sorry just not sure if 90 day reporting applies to the new nom Immigrant O visa obtained outside TH.

Thanks

You haven't clarified how many days entry you receive when you're stamped by the Imm. officer at the airport/border when you enter the country, but I suspect it's for 90 days.  If so, you have leave and re-enter.  No extra fee except for travel expenses.  You can't go to a local Imm. office in-country to receive anotehr 90 days and no, blessedly, you don't have to do 90 day reporting because you won't be in the country for more than 90 days if this is indeed the type of visa you have.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

You haven't clarified how many days entry you receive when you're stamped by the Imm. officer at the airport/border when you enter the country, but I suspect it's for 90 days.  If so, you have leave and re-enter.  No extra fee except for travel expenses.  You can't go to a local Imm. office in-country to receive anotehr 90 days and no, blessedly, you don't have to do 90 day reporting because you won't be in the country for more than 90 days if this is indeed the type of visa you have.

Sorry Nancy I will have a 1 year multi entry non Immigrant O visa which will entitle me to 90 days at a time is my understanding. This will be a first time visa not a renewal if that helps to clarify things.

Looks like I will get 90 days on arrival and will be required to complete bthe TM30. After 90 days I was thinking of a trip to Mae Sai to get a stamp which hopefully will give me another 90 days which will suffice.

Hopefully no need to give another TM30 if exiting and re-entering TH the same day....

5 hours ago, stament said:

Sorry Nancy I will have a 1 year multi entry non Immigrant O visa which will entitle me to 90 days at a time is my understanding. This will be a first time visa not a renewal if that helps to clarify things.

Looks like I will get 90 days on arrival and will be required to complete bthe TM30. After 90 days I was thinking of a trip to Mae Sai to get a stamp which hopefully will give me another 90 days which will suffice.

Hopefully no need to give another TM30 if exiting and re-entering TH the same day....

Your plan seems solid, but yes, you may need to update your TM30 if you receive a new departure card.  Don't know about land crossings.  I've done plane trips where I don't stay overnight in another country, but I definitely get a new departure card when I arrive, so I have to update my TM30.  TM30s are linked to your departure card number, as are your 90 day reports (which you don't have to do since you aren't going to be here for more than 90 days)

On 8/2/2018 at 3:23 PM, rumak said:

Could it be that even Nancy is getting a little tired of this never ending need for information, interpretation,  explanation,  corroboration,  interrogation ...  by one Kmoto.  ....

Oh, I don't mind. I'll kind of miss him once he gets his 1-year extension.

Oh, wait, then it will be questions about how to apply for a re-entry permit, how to do 90 day reporting and maybe, just maybe how to get a Certificate of Residency.  I can't remember if "Kmoto" (l like that, I was getting tire of typing out his entire screen name) is American or not.  If so, the easiest way to get a C or R is to make an appointment and pop into the U.S. Consulate. 

9/11 is coming soon and they always have appointments open on that day.  They're never busy on 9/11 and happy to spend time chatting with whomever forgets that it's not a good idea to be in a U.S. Embassy or Consulate on 9/11 and is stupid enough to venture in voluntarily (like Hubby did one year, the year when the Benghazi Consulate was attacked later in the day.) 

9 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Oh, wait, then it will be questions about how to apply for a re-entry permit, how to do 90 day reporting and maybe, just maybe how to get a Certificate of Residency.  I can't remember if "Kmoto" (l like that, I was getting tire of typing out his entire screen name) is American or not.  If so, the easiest way to get a C or R is to make an appointment and pop into the U.S. Consulate. 

9/11 is coming soon and they always have appointments open on that day.  They're never busy on 9/11 and happy to spend time chatting with whomever forgets that it's not a good idea to be in a U.S. Embassy or Consulate on 9/11 and is stupid enough to venture in voluntarily (like Hubby did one year, the year when the Benghazi Consulate was attacked later in the day.) 

I am pretty sure Kmoto will be available on 9/11.   Maybe you two can get together for some stimulating  conversation......hmmmmm  maybe go over the tm30 posts from the last 2 years.

Personally I am waiting (not eagerly) for when he starts a new topic on whether he can believe what

his thai gf has been telling him....

41 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I have it on good authority that there are no appointments available on 9/11 this year.

6 hours ago, stament said:

If you are not staying in the country for more than 90days and do not need Immigration services etc for anything else why are you worried/bothered about TM30/residence registration!  You are basically a tourist until you have an extension of stay for whatever reason!

54 minutes ago, NancyL said:

you may need to update your TM30 if you receive a new departure card.

Only if you are resident etc.  If leaving every 90 days why bother.  Also remember, as you well know each IMM office is different.  CM does not bother about in country stays re TM30 but others insist on a new TM30 if your passport has been used to register yourself at Hotels/GH's.

53 minutes ago, Thailand said:

I have it on good authority that there are no appointments available on 9/11 this year.

Right now the U.S. Consulate shows 40 open appointments for notarial services on Sept 11.  It looks like they schedule a max of 45 per day, so five braves souls have already agreed to come to the Consulate on 9/11.

i was at immigration the other day

WIFE AND I WERE SHOCKED AT THE SICK EXPATS GROUP

the wife was talking to 2/ young school girls /15 and 16yrs

they said like others do sitting for the frangs

get there at 3 to  4 am and sit on a chair for the expats \paid 300to 500 b

then when the expat turns up  8 /30 they go to school

the wife is a volunteer for a women's group to help abused women and protect the exploration of children

she was shocked and upset at the abuse of the young girls

these expats can sit in a bar and look at a wall for hrs 

groups sit at bars for hrs and grunt at each other sometimes

or sit for hrs and watch old football games at a bar  /

then pay a child to sit in a dark mall 3am /as to lazy to get out of bed early

WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR DAUGHTER TO SIT IN A DARK MALL AT 3AM

i hope they deport these sick people and the expat group that arranges this sick practice

2 minutes ago, opalred said:

the wife is a volunteer for a women's group to help abused women and protect the exploration of children

i hope they deport these sick people and the expat group that arranges this sick practice

Quite a good job , sitting there and doing nothing for a few hours and getting paid quite well

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Only if you are resident etc.  If leaving every 90 days why bother.  Also remember, as you well know each IMM office is different.  CM does not bother about in country stays re TM30 but others insist on a new TM30 if your passport has been used to register yourself at Hotels/GH's.

Is this true Nancy?

1 hour ago, opalred said:

I know of no expat group that arranges this practice, nor do I think it is especially "sick".  I would ask, however, where are the parents of these young people that they would allow them to sit in a mosquito-ridden place at night? That's really the biggest harm that can come to them, in my opinion, the risk of acquiring a mosquito-borne disease.

5 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

1 hour ago, stament said:

Is this true Nancy?

Stament, in post #2370, you said you're coming on a B-visa and then later you said a multi-entry 1 year spouse visa that provides for 90 days with each entry.  Which is it?  

If you don't plan to apply for a one year extension based on marriage at some point, but rather plan to return to your home country to apply for a new visa when your current one expires, then, in theory, scottiejohn is right.  That is, if you don't think you'll need to get a Certificate of Residency from Immigration, or can get one from your Embassy/Consulate instead.  You won't be doing 90 day reports or applying for re-entry permits -- two areas where sometimes they insist on checking for TM30s (rarely, if they're bored or want to make someone's life difficult). 

52 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I know of no expat group that arranges this practice, nor do I think it is especially "sick".  I would ask, however, where are the parents of these young people that they would allow them to sit in a mosquito-ridden place at night? That's really the biggest harm that can come to them, in my opinion, the risk of acquiring a mosquito-borne disease.

If only there was some way to protect these young people.

Let us spray. 

5 hours ago, NancyL said:

Stament, in post #2370, you said you're coming on a B-visa and then later you said a multi-entry 1 year spouse visa that provides for 90 days with each entry.  Which is it?  

If you don't plan to apply for a one year extension based on marriage at some point, but rather plan to return to your home country to apply for a new visa when your current one expires, then, in theory, scottiejohn is right.  That is, if you don't think you'll need to get a Certificate of Residency from Immigration, or can get one from your Embassy/Consulate instead.  You won't be doing 90 day reports or applying for re-entry permits -- two areas where sometimes they insist on checking for TM30s (rarely, if they're bored or want to make someone's life difficult). 

Sorry Nancy it's a typo. A nom Immigrant 1 year family ( based on Thai wife)visa but my understanding is that it's only valid for 90 days as a multi entry before renewal at re-entry. 

I only need to stay a maximum of 6 months in total on the visa and this will be my first visa obtained outside of TH in a new passport. 

Archived