Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

1 hour ago, jeffandgop said:

You think there are many other errors?  I note you provide no specifics. No specifics= no basis for believing your comments. Not a contributor I’d ever rely upon for facts. 

Just for clarity, ScottieJohn was in fact correct about the bank account aging; it is 60 days for the first Extension application, and then 90 days for subsequent ones.  As for other "errors", I'd appreciate knowing what they might be.  So if in fact there are any, I hope somebody will be helpful and point them out.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, stament said:

Hi Nancy,

It will be the non-immigrant B visa as you rightly say which I will obtain outside of TH prior to my arrival.

My thinking was if it was just a 3 month visit I wouldn't go to register the TM30 but if I go to immigration after 3 months for the next 90 day stamp they will ask me where I have been staying and this will alert them to the fact that I didn't show a TM30 form before which could get messy and result in fines for my wife.

PS this is the first visa not a renewal I am talking about which I will enter TH on.

Promenada IO's are now very sensitive about TM30 compliance.  When I had my METV (tourist visa) and was applying for the Non-O, there was a gap of several days between my passport re-entry date from a 90 day border run and the start date of my new condo lease in another building since I had just moved right after the border run. 

Even though I had a current validated TM30 for my new condo, they would not process my Non-O application, and required me to get the TM30 notification from the old condo landlord and get it validated in order to account for the missing few days.

29 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

Just for clarity, ScottieJohn was in fact correct about the bank account aging; it is 60 days for the first Extension application, and then 90 days for subsequent ones.  As for other "errors", I'd appreciate knowing what they might be.  So if in fact there are any, I hope somebody will be helpful and point them out.

30 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

No need to repeat where he provided that one clarification. And his information was not correcting an error- he just correctly expanded on the difference in funds seasoning.  My message was pointedly directed at the unspecified other errors. 

4 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

NancyL and I have already pointed out a few errors.  Below is a copy of the "Official" requirements for extension based on retirement.  Please note there is NO requirement for the funds to come from outside Thailand. You also omitted the age requirements and that income and/or bank funds can also be used.

"ORDER OF THE IMMIGRATION BUREAU  
No. 327/2557 
Subject:   Criteria and Conditions for Consideration of an Alien’s Application  
for a Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand 
2.22 In the case of retirement: 
Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year. 
The alien: 

(1) Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM). 
(2) Must be 50 years of age or over. 
(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month: or 
(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to the filing date: or 
(5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totalling no less than Baht 800,0000 as of the filing date." 

I am posting this to help disprove certain comments made previously that people who use agents have no clue about the rules and need their hands held by them.

I know the rules and have done so for over 20years.  I just cannot be bothered with either the old "zoo" or Prom so use an agent.

I also believe that anything to do with "Visa/extensions of stay" rules and regulations should be in the Appropriate TV Visa forum https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/ and only guidelines applicable to PROM should be posted in this forum. 

Better still of course just use an agent.?

3 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

his information was not correcting an error- he just correctly expanded on the difference in funds seasoning.

It was an error and not an expansion.  Kohsamida's Post on this subject concerns the first retirement requirements not subsequent ones. The rules are different! See my post above.

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

...Please note there is NO requirement for the funds to come from outside Thailand. ...

Thanks for your helpful clarifications, however, in regards to funds on deposit at a Thai bank, at least 800,000 baht must be remitted from outside of Thailand.  This is stated on the instruction sheet  I was given by the Immigration Officer at Promenada last month, and they confirmed it verbally as well.   In regard to the funds on deposit, instruction #5.3 states that a document must be provided as "proof of foreign remittance". 

Furthermore, Ubon Joe confirmed this to be true in a post on this subject several weeks ago on TVF. 

Perhaps it is a new rule, perhaps it is one of those rules unique only to Chiang Mai; all I know is that it is in effect now at Promenada.

10 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

Regarding updated bank books, IO's have told me they want to see an updated bank book that is no older than 1 business day (i.e.: If you come on a Monday, you could do the update on the preceding Friday).  It makes sense.  You could easily have a bankbook that said you had over 800,000 baht and a letter to match that were dated a week ago, and then simply withdraw funds without the paper bank book being updated (for example, electronic transfer of funds). 

Also note, the Chon Buri (Pattaya) Imm office is now requiring the update be done on the same day as the application, so a cautious assumption is that other offices may adopt a similar policy in the near future.

Regarding source of funds, Funds totaling at least 800,000 baht must be documented as coming from outside of Thailand.   

Please stop posting information as to what's required for an annual extension based on whatever anyone told you about your prior local conversion to a Non-O visa.    Would note:

(1)  Only one set of documents is required for the annual extension.  Not two.

(2)  For those who rely on the 800k in the bank to support an extension based on retirement, there is no requirement that you update your passbook just before you apply for the extension.  For example, for those who keep the 800k in a separate bank account, that's often in a term account and no updating is even available even if one asked for it.  I've obtained annual extensions for years with a passbook that reflects the last entry was 6-18 months prior.

(3)  Regardless of what's required for your initial process, there is no requirement (when extending annually based on retirement with the 800k bank method) to show any proof that the 800k came from "outside of Thailand."  Although my 800k did originally come from funds in the US years ago (as in a decade ago), there is nothing at all in my passbook which reflects the source of the funds.  All they want to see is (a) the bank letter verifying you have at least 800k on deposit and (b) a copy of your passbook reflecting an amount which matches the bank letter amount and which also reflects that at least 800k has been there continuously for 3 months (or 2 months for the first annual extension). 

Also, it would help to eliminate confusion (given this is the Chiangmai forum) if people would stop posting here what other provinces require (or, at times, what they incorrectly think another provinces require) for an annual extension.   

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:
2 hours ago, Kohsamida said:
Thanks for your helpful clarifications, however, in regards to funds on deposit at a Thai bank, at least 800,000 baht must be remitted from outside of Thailand.  ....all I know is that it is in effect now at Promenada.

[/quote)

For some people in some situations, not all.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you are going to make a comment like the one you made, it might be a good idea to at least provide examples or details of what you mean.  The written, official Immigration office instruction sheet does not list any exceptions to this rule (5.3) if you are using the bank funds option (as opposed to monthly income option).

800,000 baht must be remitted from outside of Thailand.  This is stated on the instruction sheet  I was given by the Immigration Officer at Promenada last month, and they confirmed it verbally as well.   In regard to the funds on deposit, instruction #5.3 states that a document must be provided as "proof of foreign remittance". 

Proof of 800,000 baht must be remitted from outside of Thailand. It is not in the law for retirement extensions.  Many things need to be from outside Thailand but NOT a bank deposit/income etc for retirement extension.   

What is instruction 5.3 of what.

See what I mean about NOT posting "this is how to do it (guidelines?)" when you do NOT know what you are talking about.  By all means say that TODAY the lady at floor ** at Prom said this*** but that only applies to your situation with that IO at that office at that time of somebodies month!

Ubon Joe confirmed this to be true in a post on this subject several weeks ago on TVF

Yes but EXACTLY what was he confirming to be true?.  You must make sure that when you are quoting a "Ubonjoe" or other's comments (his comments are not law/facts and are normally very reliable, but very very occasionally are fallible) that they are in the context of your exact requirement/statement before claiming it to be factual and/or pertinent.  Same as your 60/90 days were wrong (and a few others) in that specific circumstance you made in the original post which started this unnecessary exchange.

9 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Please stop posting information as to what's required for an annual extension based on whatever anyone told you about your prior local conversion to a Non-O visa.    Would note:

(1)  Only one set of documents is required for the annual extension.  Not two.

(2)  For those who rely on the 800k in the bank to support an extension based on retirement, there is no requirement that you update your passbook just before you apply for the extension.  For example, for those who keep the 800k in a separate bank account, that's often in a term account and no updating is even available even if one asked for it.  I've obtained annual extensions for years with a passbook that reflects the last entry was 6-18 months prior.

(3)  Regardless of what's required for your initial process, there is no requirement (when extending annually based on retirement with the 800k bank method) to show any proof that the 800k came from "outside of Thailand."  Although my 800k did originally come from funds in the US years ago (as in a decade ago), there is nothing at all in my passbook which reflects the source of the funds.  All they want to see is (a) the bank letter verifying you have at least 800k on deposit and (b) a copy of your passbook reflecting an amount which matches the bank letter amount and which also reflects that at least 800k has been there continuously for 3 months (or 2 months for the first annual extension). 

Also, it would help to eliminate confusion (given this is the Chiangmai forum) if people would stop posting here what other provinces require (or, at times, what they incorrectly think another provinces require) for an annual extension.   

Look, the source of this information on all of these points is the a) the official instruction sheet that the Promenada office gave me AND b) verbal conformation by the immigration officer who handled my application at Promenada. 

4 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

The written, official Immigration office instruction sheet does not list any exceptions to this rule (5.3) if you are using the bank funds option (as opposed to monthly income option).

What is this document and where can we mere mortals find it?

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Proof of 800,000 baht must be remitted from outside of Thailand. It is not in the law for retirement extensions.  Many things need to be from outside Thailand but NOT a bank deposit/income etc for retirement extension.   

What is instruction 5.3 of what.

See what I mean about NOT posting "this is how to do it (guidelines?)" when you do NOT know what you are talking about.  By all means say that TODAY the lady at floor ** at Prom said this*** but that only applies to your situation with that IO at that office at that time of somebodies month!

Yes but EXACTLY what was he confirming to be true?.  You must make sure that when you are quoting a "Ubonjoe" or other's comments (his comments are not law/facts and are normally very reliable, but very very occasionally are fallible) that they are in the context of your exact requirement/statement before claiming it to be factual and/or pertinent.  Same as your 60/90 days were wrong (and a few others) in that specific circumstance you made in the original post which started this unnecessary exchange.

My point is simply that the information I am relaying was printed in black and white on the OFFICIAL instruction sheet that the Promenada IO gave me, and was confirmed by the IO when I questioned her about details of bank funds.

Here's a copy of the instruction sheet (attached):

IMG_0572.JPG

7 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

Just posted it.

Read the word   OR!

OR in case you do not understand it means there is more than one option.  The money does NOT have to come from overseas. 

I don't know what that bit of the document you posted above is about.  I suggest you read the Government rules I posted earlier.

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Read the word   OR!!!!!!!!

You are not reading it correctly.  "Or" pertains to whether you are using bank funds (5.1, 5.2, 5.3) OR if you are using monthly income (#6).  If you are using bank funds, then rule 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3 ALL apply.

12 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

You are not reading it correctly.  "Or" pertains to whether you are using bank funds (5.1, 5.2, 5.3) OR if you are using monthly income (#6).  If you are using bank funds, then rule 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3 ALL apply.

It is a very poorly translated instruction sheet so I can understand the confusion; that's why I asked the Immigration officer for clarification when she gave me the sheet.  In all fairness to those who doubt what I'm saying, I'm pretty sure this rule 5.3 was a recent addition by Immigration, and as you yourself said, changes occur pretty frequently, and I might add, particularly at Promenada.

I'm just trying to state the facts from reliable sources, and the Immigration Officer handling my case could be considered pretty reliable.  Nothing I am saying is here-say from unreliable sources or conjecture on my part.

9 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

I am reading it correctly.

There are two "OR's" in the document.  One after para 5 and one after para 6.  This means that the criteria of either para 5 OR para 6 OR para 7 need to be met.

You do NOT need to have funds from abroad. Stop posting WRONG info as FACTS.

21 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

Look, the source of this information on all of these points is the a) the official instruction sheet that the Promenada office gave me AND b) verbal conformation by the immigration officer who handled my application at Promenada. 

Perhaps better to rely upon information from people who've actually been there and done that.  Some day you'll get there....hopefully.  

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

I am reading it correctly.

There are two "OR's" in the document.  One after para 5 and one after para 6.  This means that the criteria of either para 5 OR para 6 OR para 7 need to be met.

You do NOT need to have funds from abroad. Stop posting WRONG info as FACTS.

Yes, correct.  You ned to meet requirements 5 or 6 or 7.  If you are only using funds in the bank, you need to meet ALL rules in #5, so if that's the case, 5.3 applies.  No reason to argue with me; argue with the Immigration Officer who explained it to me.

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

What proof?

Look, I'm done with this.  It's unfair to everyone on this thread to be littering it up with this back-and-forth stuff.  The information I am providing comes from the Immigration Officer who explained it to me at Promenada.  If anyone is in doubt and is applying for a Non-O or extension, make sure you find out the facts from Promenada, nor from this forum.

7 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Perhaps better to rely upon information from people who've actually been there and done that.  Some day you'll get there....hopefully.  

Again, this information comes from the Immigration Officer at Promenada, and I have posted it here in black and white.

5 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

make sure you find out the facts from Promenada, nor from this forum.

Some common sense at last although from what you say I would not trust them with a barge pole. 

I might add that the https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/ would be even better if you don't want to use an agent!

6 minutes ago, stament said:

Change of subject, are there separate queues for 90 day reporting and TM30 reporting?

If so approx how long are the average waiting times please?

Presumably the only option in person in CM is Promenada?

You can do TM30 at the old Zoo building near the airport or at Prom.  The 90 day you can do on line or by mail if you want to avoid PROM.  Ask "K" above he seems to  know all about the correct PROM procedures.  I only go there once a year as I use an agent?

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

...There are two "OR's" in the document.  One after para 5 and one after para 6.  This means that the criteria of either para 5 OR para 6 OR para 7 need to be met. ...

Yes, exactly!  Paragraph 5 includes 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3.  The "Or's" that follows is supposed to delineate requirement option 5 from requirement option 6 and requirement option 7, as you are stating. Therefore, All sub-rules (5.1, 5.2, and 5.3) in paragraph 5 are applicable if you are relying solely on 800k baht deposited in a Thai bank, so in that case, proof of foreign remittance is required.

43 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You can do TM30 at the old Zoo building near the airport or at Prom.  The 90 day you can do on line or by mail if you want to avoid PROM.  Ask "K" above he seems to  know all about the correct PROM procedures.  I only go there once a year as I use an agent?

Thanks what about the queing for the TM30? Is Promenada bad?

Archived