Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

2 hours ago, CMBob said:

If you're talking about updating (after you've returned from out of country), I've done that only once at Promenada (upstairs) and that took about an hour (most of it waiting my turn).  I've updated many times at Building #3 at the old site and that's never taken longer than 10 minutes (typically about 5 minutes). 

I'm not sure what I need lol. I will be arriving on a new first time spouse visa and my understanding is I need to report to immigration with a completed TM 30 form within 24 hrs and was wondering how long it would take.

Are there different queues for different things or just one big queue? How long approximately canI expect to wait and how long will it take approximately once I reach the desk please as this is all very new to me.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure what I need lol. I will be arriving on a new first time spouse visa and my understanding is I need to report to immigration with a completed TM 30 form within 24 hrs and was wondering how long it would take.

Are there different queues for different things or just one big queue? How long approximately canI expect to wait and how long will it take approximately once I reach the desk please as this is all very new to me.

Always done mine at the Old immigration, near airport, last time took 5 minutes, never been there more than 30 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

APPLICATION FOR EXTENSION OF TEMPORARY STAY IN THE KINGDOM

(1 year extension of stay based upon retirement)

I am making my application in a few weeks at Promenada and did a search on TVF just to confirm my notes were correct and current.  Could not find a "sticky" or post specifically on TM.7 procedure through search query even though I'm sure the topic has been discussed in depth in bits-and-pieces in numerous posts.  I thought it would be helpful if all the details were in a single post and easily found by search query.

Here are my condensed notes; please comment if any assumptions or information are incorrect.  It will not only help me, but others as well who might be in the same situation.

PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION

• Application can be made up to 45 days before 90-day Non-O Visa expires.
  • Extension start date will be the date that your Non-O expires, not the date of TM.7 application)
  • Show up at Promenada Immigration 2nd floor office no later than 8:30am on the date you intend to apply in order of assuring that you get a Queue ticket before they run out of them.  Report back at suggested time with the following information in hand:

Two (2) copies of the following, plus original passport and bank book:

1. Filled out TM.7 Form 
  2. Copies of pertinent passport pages
  3. 4x6 photograph (2)
  4. Receipt of TM-30 Notification being filed by condo owner. (See note below)
  5. Bank Guarantee Letter (can be dated up to seven (7) days prior to application date.)
  6. Copy of "undated" bank book.   The bank book must be updated by the bank on the same date you intend to file your TM.7 application, showing that 800,000 baht has been on deposit with the bank for at least 90 days; all funds must be from outside of Thailand (this is indicated by a 2-digit code in most bank books deposit entries).  
  7. Photocopy of condo lease agreement.
  8. Photocopy of ID Card and House Book (only required if condo is owned by private owner).
Am I leaving anything out or have any requirements changed?    Most importantly, is the arrival time I mentioned OK or should it be earlier? 

Regarding TM-30 requirement:  I think the only thing necessary is the "receipt" you get from the "housemaster" or "Juristic Person" that proves that a TM-30 was filed on your behalf, but I'm not sure if you then must take that to Promenada to get their stamped version of it before making the TM.7 application or not.  I did take this extra step when I applied for the 90-day Non-O but I think it may have been unnecessary.  Anyone know about this? 

Anything else you think might be helpful to me or others, please add it.
Thanks!

Kohsamida, you may wish to go to 2nd floor TM30 desk a day or two before your application to get your TM30 receipt validated by Immigration if what you have is something given to you by your landlord or condo owner/building mgr.

Be sure to sign and date every page that is a copy.

You can update your bankbook the day before so that it matches your bank letter, which you will presumably get the day before, because .......

you must arrive well before 8:30 am to join the multi-purpose queue outside the ground floor office.  You know, the free-for-all queue that handles retirement, education, medical and lord-knows-what else extensions.  Based on recent reports a 6 am arrival might do the trick.  Earlier would be better.

Oh, and incidentally, Bangkok Bank uses a three letter code to indicate a foreign transfer in their bankbooks FTT.

Thanks for the helpful comments NancyL!  Based on them, here is my updated procedures for:

• Application can be made up to 45 days before 90-day Non-O Visa expires.
  • Extension start date will be the date that your Non-O expires, not the date of TM.7 application).
  • Day before application date:
    • Get TM-30 Notification receipt from your landlord (see below).
    • Go to Promenada and get TM-30 validated at 2nd Floor Immigration office
    • Update Bank book (see below)
    • Make all xerox copies of documents listed below.
  • For date of application, show up at Promenada Immigration to join the multi-purpose queue outside the ground floor office no later than 6am in order of assuring that you get a Queue ticket before they run out of them.  
  • Report back at suggested time with the following information in hand:

Two (2) copies of the following, plus original passport and bank book (sign & date each copied page on the back side):
  1. Filled out TM.7 Form 
  2. Copies of pertinent passport pages
  3. 4x6 photograph (2)
  4. Validated (stamped) TM-30 Notification being filed by condo owner. (See note below)
  5. Bank Guarantee Letter (can be dated up to seven (7) days prior to application date.)
  6. Copy of "updated" bank book.   The bank book must be updated by the bank no more than one (1) business day prior to the date you intend to file your TM.7 application, showing that 800,000 baht has been on deposit with the bank for at least 90 days; all funds must be from outside of Thailand (this is indicated by a 3-digit code in most bank books deposit entries).  
  7. Photocopy of condo lease agreement.
  8. Photocopy of ID Card and House Book (only required if condo is owned by private owner).

TM-30 note:  Your landlord must provide you with a TM-30 notification receipt which proves a TM-30 was duly filed with Immigration on your behalf.  With that receipt in hand, you must visit the 2nd floor Immigration office at Promenada to get a validated (stamped) TM-30 receipt which will be accepted for visa purposes.

You left out the part about signing and dating each copied page.  They get huffy if you have to do this in front of the Imm. officer.  Also, you may not need two copies of everything.  Usually only one and, again, sometimes Imm. officers look very annoyed if they have to hand extra copies back to you.  I think the bit about needing two copies are for marriage extensions, which have to be approved in Bangkok, not retirement extensions which are approved here.

53 minutes ago, NancyL said:

You left out the part about signing and dating each copied page...

No, I included it:

"... Two (2) copies of the following, plus original passport and bank book (sign & date each copied page on the back side)..."

Actually they do require two (2) sets of copies; at least they made me go and make an extra set of copies for me 90 day Non-O, so I assume the same would be true for the Extension application.

Thanks again for your comments, not only for me but for anyone else trying to stay in the good graces of Promenada Imm and avoid unnecessary headaches.  ?

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

You left out the part about signing and dating each copied page

You missed out you must Sign In Blue ink!

In my opinion if people can't afford a few baht to spend their time as they want they should not be here. 

Use an agent. So much easier, no 0830 start or earlier or return visits or all the other c**** you all seem to put up with!  Also you only have to spend less than 15minutes at that horrendous place every year (Zoo or Prom). 

I also suggest posters should stop posting "helpful info" which is both incorrect and out of date before they have even posted it as it changes on the whim of the IO "dealing" with your individual case! 

3 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

Are your notes intended for a first application for extension of stay based on retirement or a renewal?

The rules are somewhat different and you should have headed your post(s) as such.

The fact that the next IO will ask for something else of course makes your notes totally irrelevant.

PS;  I notice that the "experts" corrections did not clarify matters much!

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Are your notes intended for a first application for extension of stay based on retirement or a renewal?

The rules are somewhat different and you should have headed your post(s) as such.

The fact that the next IO will ask for something else of course makes your notes totally irrelevant.

PS;  I notice that the "experts" corrections did not clarify matters much!

This is for a 1st one-year extension.  Please elaborate if the procedures outlined were incorrect or if something is missing in regards to Promenada at the present time.

4 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

Two (2) copies.......  

.......Copy of "updated" bank book.   The bank book must be updated by the bank no more than one (1) business day prior to the date you intend to file your TM.7 application, showing that 800,000 baht has been on deposit with the bank for at least 90 days; all funds must be from outside of Thailand (this is indicated by a 3-digit code in most bank books deposit entries).  

My comments relate only to the usual annual extension based on retirement with the 800k bank method and I'd note:

(1)  As long as your passbook shows the same amount as the bank letter, that's adequate.  There's no requirement that the bankbook itself must be "updated" at any particular time period.  For example only, this year I obtained my annual extension at the end of April and the 800k was in a separate term account that began last September and matures this coming December (i.e., a 13-month term).  For such an account, no updating is even available (at least at SCB) and the last entry was September of 2017.  And it was fine.  The key is the amounts must match.

(2)  Again, for the normal annual extension, only one set of the various documents is required to be presented.  

[I limit my comments to the "usual annual extension" as there are times that your posts indicate that what you're doing isn't exactly the usual thing.  Perhaps (although I doubt it) there are different requirements now in CM for somebody who's locally converted to a Non-O and then goes for their annual extension the first time.]

[And, to avoid further confusion about my comment about a "term account", the banks do have term accounts that are acceptable to Immigration as one can withdraw the funds at any time (although withdrawing earlier than the maturity date would cause a loss of accrued interest).  A term account that wouldn't allow withdrawal until a given maturity date would not be acceptable to Immigration.]

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

In my opinion if people can't afford a few baht to spend their time as they want they should not be here. 

Indeed!  They should go back home where they can pay 50,000 baht for a one-room apartment, 400 for breakfast, etc.

Simple solution?

In re to: "Copy of "updated" bank book.  The bank book must be updated by the bank no more than one (1) business day prior to the date you intend to file your TM.7 application, showing that 800,000 baht has been on deposit with the bank for at least 90 days; all funds must be from outside of Thailand (this is indicated by a 3-digit code in most bank books deposit entries). 

This is not entirely true.  There are 2 parts to submitting the verification of funds in the amount of 800K or more. One is the bankbook and the other is the letter obtained from the bank verifying the account information.  The letter MUST match the amount shown at the very last bankbook entry.

Nancy's info (always great!), in this case (if I read here statements correctly), I'm not entirely sure that NOT updating the bankbook just prior to submitting the application, is correct. If that last bankbook transaction entry is 45 days old, or 3 months old, etc.- in any event not recent- the IO may suspect that the amount of funds that have been held in the account may have fallen below the 800K minimum sometime within the 3 month seasoning period.
In this case, the IO will not accept the application for the extension. I ran into this myself when I had a savings account I had deposited funds in 6 months prior to applying for the extension, and had not touched any of the funds until applying for the extension- the I/O required bank proof for each of the prior months that I had not withdrawn any monies.

Further, my personal experience, and as based on IO instructions I have received before, the bankbook update and bank letter are allowed to have "7 days validity period" so being required to have a bank letter and bankbook update no later than the day before applying has NEVER been my experience.

Finally, there is no requirement "that all funds must be from outside Thailand" as shown in the bankbook. Nancy uses the word "term account"; they are also called fixed accounts. Nancy is correct that these types of accounts are valid for fulfilling the 800K deposit evidence so long as the applicant is not prohibited from withdrawing any funds during the term of the deposit.  As a matter of fact, I have (until this year) always set up a fixed account to hold my 800K for the minimum 3 months period and the funds for that account were cash from withdrawing the monies I had in other Thai bank accounts. Therefore the fixed account showed no code for a deposit from a foreign source.

Lots of very useful info on here and I think I understand what I need to do but would welcome some clarification please to be sure.

I shall be arriving on a 1 year multi visa and staying in CM with my family for c6 months.

My understanding is that I must carry out the following steps:

1/ upon arrival in CM I must within 24 hrs visit Immigration and complete my TM30 formalities.

2/ just before my 90 days is up, I need to either exit the country or report to immigration with all my documents for another 90 days extension.

Is my understanding correct? Is anything additional required? Do I also need to complete another TM30 at step 2 if I don't leave the country or us that not necessary?

Sorry if this question has already been asked but I have read a lot of pages but still need done comfort around this. 

Much appreciated

16 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

800,000 baht has been on deposit with the bank for at least 90 days

11 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

This is for a 1st one-year extension.  Please elaborate if the procedures outlined were incorrect

Just one of the many errors.  The money only needs to be in for 60 days for first App and not 90.  90 days applies to renewals.

Just one of the many errors.  The money only needs to be in for 60 days for first App and not 90.  90 days applies to renewals.

That's 90 days for the an extension and 60 days for the initial application of a visa or visa conversion.  Kohsamida has already done his visa application/conversion and is now getting ready for his first extension.  He must have 90 days of aging on the day of application.

1 hour ago, stament said:

Lots of very useful info on here and I think I understand what I need to do but would welcome some clarification please to be sure.

I shall be arriving on a 1 year multi visa and staying in CM with my family for c6 months.

My understanding is that I must carry out the following steps:

1/ upon arrival in CM I must within 24 hrs visit Immigration and complete my TM30 formalities.

2/ just before my 90 days is up, I need to either exit the country or report to immigration with all my documents for another 90 days extension.

Is my understanding correct? Is anything additional required? Do I also need to complete another TM30 at step 2 if I don't leave the country or us that not necessary?

Sorry if this question has already been asked but I have read a lot of pages but still need done comfort around this. 

Much appreciated

Exactly what type of visa will you have, Stament?  Is it a one-year multi-entry O visa for the purpose of visiting your Thai family, i.e. you're married to a Thai person?  Are you stamped with permission to stay for 90 days with each entry?

In that case you must leave and re-enter the country every 90 days.  You can go and obtain a one-year extension at Prom. if you want using the procedures listed by Kohsamida for a retirement extension or listed elsewhere for a marriage extension (less money in the bank, but more paperwork related to proving the marriage is real), but since you're just going to be here just six months, you might as well either do a quick border run or have a little holiday in the region to leave and re-enter to get another 90 day permission to stay.  Probably more fun than running around getting documents together for Imm. Prom. and maybe cheaper in the long-run.  

And frankly, you don't need to do the TM30 since you won't have any contact with Imm. Prom. during the six months that you're here.  No one seems to care about it except Imm. Prom.  Hotels don't care when you check-in, banks and utilities don't care when they copy your passport to set up new services, etc, etc.

27 minutes ago, NancyL said:

That's 90 days for the an extension and 60 days for the initial application of a visa or visa conversion.  Kohsamida has already done his visa application/conversion and is now getting ready for his first extension.  He must have 90 days of aging on the day of application.

I think he is correct actually.  I think 90 day aging is for renewal; 60 days is for the initial application.

Just now, Kohsamida said:

I think he is correct actually.  I think 90 day aging is for renewal; 60 days is for the initial application.

Oh, yes, you're right.  It's no aging for the conversion, 60 days for the first extension and 90 days for subsequent extensions.

The term "renewal" isn't appropriate.  What you're doing is "extending your permission to stay" due to retirement.

You think there are many other errors?  I note you provide no specifics. No specifics= no basis for believing your comments. Not a contributor I’d ever rely upon for facts. 

1 minute ago, NancyL said:

Oh, yes, you're right.  It's no aging for the conversion, 60 days for the first extension and 90 days for subsequent extensions.

The term "renewal" isn't appropriate.  What you're doing is "extending your permission to stay" due to retirement.

Agree with Nancy

4 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

In re to: "Copy of "updated" bank book.  The bank book must be updated by the bank no more than one (1) business day prior to the date you intend to file your TM.7 application, showing that 800,000 baht has been on deposit with the bank for at least 90 days; all funds must be from outside of Thailand (this is indicated by a 3-digit code in most bank books deposit entries). 

This is not entirely true.  There are 2 parts to submitting the verification of funds in the amount of 800K or more. One is the bankbook and the other is the letter obtained from the bank verifying the account information.  The letter MUST match the amount shown at the very last bankbook entry.

Nancy's info (always great!), in this case (if I read here statements correctly), I'm not entirely sure that NOT updating the bankbook just prior to submitting the application, is correct. If that last bankbook transaction entry is 45 days old, or 3 months old, etc.- in any event not recent- the IO may suspect that the amount of funds that have been held in the account may have fallen below the 800K minimum sometime within the 3 month seasoning period.
In this case, the IO will not accept the application for the extension. I ran into this myself when I had a savings account I had deposited funds in 6 months prior to applying for the extension, and had not touched any of the funds until applying for the extension- the I/O required bank proof for each of the prior months that I had not withdrawn any monies.

Further, my personal experience, and as based on IO instructions I have received before, the bankbook update and bank letter are allowed to have "7 days validity period" so being required to have a bank letter and bankbook update no later than the day before applying has NEVER been my experience.

Finally, there is no requirement "that all funds must be from outside Thailand" as shown in the bankbook. Nancy uses the word "term account"; they are also called fixed accounts. Nancy is correct that these types of accounts are valid for fulfilling the 800K deposit evidence so long as the applicant is not prohibited from withdrawing any funds during the term of the deposit.  As a matter of fact, I have (until this year) always set up a fixed account to hold my 800K for the minimum 3 months period and the funds for that account were cash from withdrawing the monies I had in other Thai bank accounts. Therefore the fixed account showed no code for a deposit from a foreign source.

Thanks for your input but both of your points are sort of in a "gray area" I think.  So, better to err on the side of caution.

Regarding updated bank books, IO's have told me they want to see an updated bank book that is no older than 1 business day (i.e.: If you come on a Monday, you could do the update on the preceding Friday).  It makes sense.  You could easily have a bankbook that said you had over 800,000 baht and a letter to match that were dated a week ago, and then simply withdraw funds without the paper bank book being updated (for example, electronic transfer of funds). 

Also note, the Chon Buri (Pattaya) Imm office is now requiring the update be done on the same day as the application, so a cautious assumption is that other offices may adopt a similar policy in the near future.

Regarding source of funds, Funds totaling at least 800,000 baht must be documented as coming from outside of Thailand.  There are several threads going into detail about this here on the TVF Forum, and pretty knowledgable people have weighed in on this such as Ubon Joe.  That requirement also appears on the official instruction document provided by Chiang Mai Imm office ("document proving foreign remittance").  Granted, you could replenish your account with funds coming from within the Kingdom, but somewhere in the history of your account there must be a total of 800,000 baht that came from outside of the Kingdom, as proven by the deposit code in your pass book or some other type of document proving foreign remittance of at least 800,000 baht.  Again, kind of makes sense from their perspective; they want to know that you are bringing real wealth into the Kingdom.

55 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Never heard of this. New rules?

Took me by surprise too!  I showed up on my appointment date for the 90 Day Non-O and the Immigration officer promptly looked at my paperwork and told me to go to the copy shop and make a second set of copies of everything.  I guess it is indeed a new rule.  Now, to be clear, this was for a 90 day Non-O application.  I am simply assuming the same will be true for the Extension application; better to err on the side of caution, don't you think?

And for those who are applying for the Non-O, it's probably a smart idea to make three (3) copies so you have one set for reference when you are ready to apply for the Extension.

2 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

Took me by surprise too!  I showed up on my appointment date for the 90 Day Non-O and the Immigration officer promptly looked at my paperwork and told me to go to the copy shop and make an extra copy of everything.  I guess it is a new rule.  Now, to be clear, this was for a 90 day Non-O application.  I am simply assuming the same will be true for the Extension application; better to err on the side of caution, don't you think? 

Ok, I'll make double copies of everything on my next visit, just to be sure. They are only 50 satang each, no big deal.

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Ok, I'll make double copies of everything on my next visit, just to be sure. They are only 50 satang each, no big deal.

This is for Kohsamida  getting his Visa Converted to his first O A Visa here

Not a Visa Extension after your original or yearly Visa Extension

9 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

It's kind of crazy that so much paper is necessary in the digital age, but hey, this is Thailand; they like to do things a little differently ?

23 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

This is for Kohsamida  getting his Visa Converted to his first O A Visa here

Not a Visa Extension after your original or yearly Visa Extension

Again, it was a change in rules because my written instructions called for only one (1) copy.  So, it stand to reason that this same change may now apply to the Extension applications too.  Even if it doesn't, it's better to err on the side of caution by being prepared. It costs next to nothing and you can always use the copies as reference for your next extension application.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

Exactly what type of visa will you have, Stament?  Is it a one-year multi-entry O visa for the purpose of visiting your Thai family, i.e. you're married to a Thai person?  Are you stamped with permission to stay for 90 days with each entry?

In that case you must leave and re-enter the country every 90 days.  You can go and obtain a one-year extension at Prom. if you want using the procedures listed by Kohsamida for a retirement extension or listed elsewhere for a marriage extension (less money in the bank, but more paperwork related to proving the marriage is real), but since you're just going to be here just six months, you might as well either do a quick border run or have a little holiday in the region to leave and re-enter to get another 90 day permission to stay.  Probably more fun than running around getting documents together for Imm. Prom. and maybe cheaper in the long-run.  

And frankly, you don't need to do the TM30 since you won't have any contact with Imm. Prom. during the six months that you're here.  No one seems to care about it except Imm. Prom.  Hotels don't care when you check-in, banks and utilities don't care when they copy your passport to set up new services, etc, etc.

Hi Nancy,

It will be the non-immigrant B visa as you rightly say which I will obtain outside of TH prior to my arrival.

My thinking was if it was just a 3 month visit I wouldn't go to register the TM30 but if I go to immigration after 3 months for the next 90 day stamp they will ask me where I have been staying and this will alert them to the fact that I didn't show a TM30 form before which could get messy and result in fines for my wife.

PS this is the first visa not a renewal I am talking about which I will enter TH on.

Archived