SaraBuri Speed Trap

soidog2

Drove from BKK home to Buriram; a few weeks later got a B 1000 ticket in the mail from SaraBuri police.

Apparently they have speed cameras on highway # 2 to Korat,

When I went to the post office to pay it; the clerk mentioned that lately lots of people were coming to pay with similar tickets from SaraBuri.

Apparently they found a way to make easy money; don't let them catch you too.

Best Regards

Snap......got done in November and just got the ticket yesterday.

I have been told that if you go to pay at the Saraburi police station you may be able to negotiate a discount, of course it's only worth doing this if you are passing anyway, but it's worth thinking about if you are going that way again.

Also if you ignore the ticket it will come back to bite you when you go to renew your tax.

HL

Its shows a very nice colored photo of your vehicle and license late which you have to pay it at the Thai Post and you will get a recipe. if you do not pay it stays on the the registration number and you can not regretter tell you do. These cameras have and are going up through out Thailand so get your foot out of.

You make no claim that you weren't speeding so what's your beef...or are you just advising drivers to observe the posted speed limits?

And if you plan to speed, just apply some strategic mud-spatter to the front license plate.

I have reread both my post and the original post and I can't see any reference to complaints at all so why do you talk about beef???

Simply passing on information so what's wrong with that?

And your idea of deliberately covering up your number plate, although it is an interesting idea, is surely a whole lot worse than slipping over the speed limit......lol

HL

You make no claim that you weren't speeding so what's your beef...or are you just advising drivers to observe the posted speed limits?

And if you plan to speed, just apply some strategic mud-spatter to the front license plate.

I have reread both my post and the original post and I can't see any reference to complaints at all so why do you talk about beef???

Simply passing on information so what's wrong with that?

And your idea of deliberately covering up your number plate, although it is an interesting idea, is surely a whole lot worse than slipping over the speed limit......lol

HL

Maybe he was referring to the sentence "Apparently they found a way to make easy money;".

That could be construed as a beef.

Yes mobile speed camera often installed on Route 12 Lom Sak to Khon Kaen with a road block some 1000 meters after just before Chumphae 400 baht fine last time doing 112 in a 90 very efficiently dealt with in a friendly fashion by the BIB.

Nothing between Saraburi and Lom Sak up route 21 in all my years of driving it.

Its shows a very nice colored photo of your vehicle and license late which you have to pay it at the Thai Post and you will get a recipe. if you do not pay it stays on the the registration number and you can not regretter tell you do. These cameras have and are going up through out Thailand so get your foot out of.

Will you get a recipe for a delicious dish, or a medical one? biggrin.png ​ Just kidding Kwaibaah.-

Edited by lostinisaan