Hungarian PM to David Cameron over EU reform: 'We are not parasites'

webfact

Hungarian PM to David Cameron over EU reform: 'We are not parasites'
By Seamus Kearney

606x341_320644.jpg

"We don't go to be parasites in Great Britain, we don't want to take the jobs of those living there"

LONDON: -- The British Prime Minister has been in Germany and Hungary, as he continues his campaign to convince other European leaders to back his EU reform plans.

David Cameron is hoping to strike a deal on London’s relationship with Brussels ahead of a UK referendum this year on EU membership.

He said: “We want to make sure that welfare systems and particularly our welfare system is not an unnatural draw to Britain, because we do feel the pressure of excessive migration that we’ve had in recent years.

“We believe that all these issues can be dealt with. The discussions are going well.”

Hungary’s Prime Minister said he was optimistic that central European countries will reach a deal with Britain regarding welfare payments, but warned that Hungarians should not be discriminated against.

Viktor Orbán, the Hungarian Prime Minister, said: “We would like to make it clear that we are not migrants in the United Kingdom, but citizens of an EU member state who can get a job in any country of the European Union.

“We just want to use this right of ours. We don’t go to be parasites in Great Britain, we don’t want to take the jobs of those living there, we don’t want to make a living at their expense, we just want to go there to use our rights and work.”

As Cameron continues to lobby his European counterparts on the issue, recent polls show a majority of Britons want to leave the European Union.

Euronews’ correspondent in Budapest, Andrea Hajagos, reported: “The future changes to the social welfare system in the UK are very important to many Hungarians, as some surveys show that London is the second city after Budapest in terms of the number of Hungarians living there.”

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-08

“We just want to use this right of ours. We don’t go to be parasites in Great Britain, we don’t want to take the jobs of those living there, we don’t want to make a living at their expense, we just want to go there to use our rights and work.”

ZIG HAIL, !ZIG HAIL, !ZIG HAIL, ! HAIL CAMERON!!

VICTIM OF IMMIGRANT WORKER INFLUX

This is a very big problem. In 2009 I returned to the UK intending to resume farm work to support my 3 young children. I am a professional, college trained and with broad practical experience.

I applied for over 100 jobs without getting a single interview. Farmers who I had worked for previously, and had a good relationship, were now employing East Europeans on low salaries. There are thousands of these people working in UK Agriculture, adversely affecting opportunities for locals.

This is a very big problem. In 2009 I returned to the UK intending to resume farm work to support my 3 young children. I am a professional, college trained and with broad practical experience.

I applied for over 100 jobs without getting a single interview. Farmers who I had worked for previously, and had a good relationship, were now employing East Europeans on low salaries. There are thousands of these people working in UK Agriculture, adversely affecting opportunities for locals.

Would you buy a used car from Cameron? look at his body language in the pic, who does he think he's fooling??

What's the unemployment rate in the UK?

In NZ unemployment a huge problem , but they keep importing migrants and many seasonal workers who work for low wages.

The government also brought in Phillipinos to help the Christchurch rebuild and gave them citizenship in return they worked for low wages, making construction companies more wealthy.

This disease is world wide,I think it's called greedy corporates and political puppets who thrive on donations to campaign for their own cause.

We don’t go to be parasites in Great Britain, we don’t want to take the jobs of those living there, we don’t want to make a living at their expense, we just want to go there to use our rights and work.”

We don't want to be parasites.....we want to go there to use our rights (to benefits?)

We don't want to take the jobs....... we just want to go there.....to work.

Something wrong with the quote? Seems contradictory to me.

Would you buy a used car from Cameron? look at his body language in the pic, who does he think he's fooling??

In NZ unemployment a huge problem , but they keep importing migrants and many seasonal workers who work for low wages.

The government also brought in Phillipinos to help the Christchurch rebuild and gave them citizenship in return they worked for low wages, making construction companies more wealthy.

This disease is world wide,I think it's called greedy corporates and political puppets who thrive on donations to campaign for their own cause.

I have to correct you on that. Re the kiwifruit and cherries, there are not enough NZers available to pick those, which is why a lot of overseas people come to help pick, and according to my friend in the Kiwifruit business, there is no exploitation by paying low wages in the vast majority of cases. All workers get paid the same. Certain nationalities try to exploit their own countrymen, but they get caught and jailed.

During Kiwifruit picking season there is no unemployment in the Bay of Plenty, except for the unemployable.

'“We just want to use this right of ours. We don’t go to be parasites in Great Britain, we don’t want to take the jobs of those living there, we don’t want to make a living at their expense, we just want to go there to use our rights and work.”' The obvious question - to which the answer is equally obvious - is why do they not want to do the same job(s) in Hungary? For that matter, why is Hungary not the same draw for job seekers (migrants) from other parts of the EU?

I wouldn't buy a used car from any politician.

Spongers and free-loaders the lot of them, spin it any way you want. Time to close the easy lax de creped system down and start looking after our own for a change. Also get the spongers off benefits who have hardly (not in some cases) contributed to the social pot, enough is enough! The idea of getting something for nowt should be stopped, contribute and be welcomed, don't and bugger off from whence you came.

Can't get in the doctors, dentists... waiting times at A&E is hours.... and the lefties tell you is not an immigration issues they bring more in than they take out... Yeah right?