GMM-Z Pay TV: package termination/ service ending message?

partington

Don't know if anyone has noticed but my Gmmz TV is now showing CTH on most channels. What could this mean?

when we got a call on the 21st.offering us new boxes plus packages,the wife asked who was speaking they wouldnt reveal.

so as its CTH who are advertising all ex.ztv.packages it looks like they are taking over 6th.feb.

8days to go no sign of any boxes and those who have PSI satellite dishes will have to get ku.dish.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was on the phone to GMMZ the guy actually told me not to worry if the boxes were late, unprompted. For this to happen I assumed that the boxes would either never arrive, or be at least 2 to three months behind schedule.

I also notice many of my channels now have CTH stamps on them, and at least one, Fox HD, has lost its english audio, so is now subtitled in Thai with a Thai soundtrack...

I wonder if anyone at all anywhere has been sent a new box yet?

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that a large or small dish size wasn't important if KU-Band is the only future. It seems only necessary to CHANGE the LNB on the dish from a C-Band LNB to a KU-Band.LNB.

For those that want BOTH a C-Band LNB AND a KU-Band.LNB - they ought to be able to coexist side-by-side on the same dish, providing the dish is at least 1.5 meters in diameter.

The C-Band LNB is already pointed at Thaicom 5&6 satellites, so theoretically a KU-Band.LNB should be quite easy to install, as this has to point to the exact same Thaicom 5&6 satellites.

Whatever, let's see the new boxes first...........

anyone who has the EPL through CTH what satellite dish have you.

at the moment PSI.dish and the ZTV.boxes are working fine so why change everything.

I have GMMZ (for the Premier on CTH). I have GMMZ box plugged in to Truevisions ariel cable/dish (as CTH cut our signal).

that would be ku.band.

we have 3ztv.set top boxes,2 of them registered for the ultra platinum packages with 9months rental left on 1 and 8months left on the other.

now yesterday they tell us that one box a refund has gone through,after it was agreed we didnt want a refund but what they promised us.

oh we have no record of that offer or phone call,BUT THE WIFE HAS.oh can you give us the date and time this offer was made.

we should all know anything complicated is behond them.

I dont know if my present experiences will help.

I have the CTH Beyond channels with my PSI box on the C band.

This has been cutting out frequently this last week. My original installer has...or will be...getting a replacement PSI box because it is under warranty and will connect it to the KU band.

So I will be getting my Premier league games.

OK I can afford this but it does appear to be an expense that many will not welcome. CTH are..have been treating their customers very badly. Back home they would be getting lawsuits by the thousands....but in Thailand ! ??

This has been cutting out frequently this last week. My original installer has...or will be...getting a replacement PSI box because it is under warranty and will connect it to the KU band.

OK I can afford this but it does appear to be an expense that many will not welcome. CTH are..have been treating their customers very badly. Back home they would be getting lawsuits by the thousands....but in Thailand ! ??

GMMZ have been running a banner recently in Thai (no English translation) including the words"PSI" "RS Sunbox" with a date. Maybe you want to carry out some checks if you want to watch Premier League games.

PS: I have still not received a new box yet as promised by GMMZ/CTH and the cut off date is looming!

Edited by Linesy

GMMZ have been running a banner recently in Thai (no English translation) including the words"PSI" "RS Sunbox" with a date. Maybe you want to carry out some checks if you want to watch Premier League games.

PS: I have still not received a new box yet as promised by GMMZ/CTH and the cut off date is looming!

as you say the cut off time is looming,time for us and everyone else who have been given empty promises to call NBTC.

NATIONAL BROADCASTING TELLECOMUNICATIONS THAILAND. CONSUMER DEPT.

this is what the wife can make out of the message about PSI.and RS SUNBOX,anyone that have the football EPL through a sunbox being picked up with a PSI.dish will no longer be able to recieve any signal at all after the 1st.of march,anyone with days of their contract left will be able to claim compensation.

It does not appear that way - they seem to be the survivor. GMM has ceased pay service and turned it over to them. PSI was already using them for there pay service.

But if they can not provide attractive programming at a reasonable price suspect all bets are off.

It does not appear that way - they seem to be the survivor. GMM has ceased pay service and turned it over to them. PSI was already using them for there pay service.

But if they can not provide attractive programming at a reasonable price suspect all bets are off.

i am already looking at the true sports family package which includes bein sport.but i have 9 and 8months left on 2boxes. so as i have been mucket about i would rather not have anything to do with CTH. REFUND OR AS YOU PUT ITSPECIAL COMPENSATION PLEASE.

As a CTH cable customer I was informed that the cable would be switched off on 12 November so I called them on 26 October to request the satellite box which they promised to send out to me. I have still not received that box and out of desperation I bought the Grammy Z box and package for 6 months in mid November. Having read the posts above I called the 1629 Grammy number today only to discover that it goes through to the same CTH call centre. Having held on for over 90 minutes I hung up.

There is clearly no chance whatsoever that all CTH cable and Grammy customers will receive the new box by the cut off date in February which is going to leave a lot of unimpressed premier league fans to say the very least!

I'm in Phuket and was also told that my CTH cable would stop on 12th November. I got an SMS telling me about the satellite option so called them. It took about a month for the 2 CTH boxes to arrive - two boxes because I was paying for two TVs on the cable system. I was told each box would have 2 months free.

The satellite installer installed the dish before the boxes arrived. He installed only one cable - I didn't realise I would be getting two separate boxes. So he had to come back to change the LNB to a dual-port one and plumb in another cable. rolleyes.gif

The good news was that when he tried to get the second box registered at CTH (took 30 minutes for the helpline call to be answered) he said he was told that one box was 2 months free, the other was one year free. Woop-dee-doo.

But now the 2 months has expired on one box so it has only the crap free channels. I swapped the boxes over, putting the working one in the main room.

I have tried twice to sign up for the channels that disappeared from the expired box. I gave up waiting twice. 20 minutes is far too long. Before all this sh*t occurred I could get through easily. I can't even remember what channels were on the "Z-Pay TV" list, but I want them back too.

To be honest, I'm not really that bothered about CTH, because I have True too. I might forget about the EPL and chuck the CTH boxes in the bin. But I hope True do a deal with BeIN to show EPL, as True's box, remote and software is so superior to the garbage that passes for the CTH system.

Edited by JetsetBkk

As a CTH cable customer I was informed that the cable would be switched off on 12 November so I called them on 26 October to request the satellite box which they promised to send out to me. I have still not received that box and out of desperation I bought the Grammy Z box and package for 6 months in mid November. Having read the posts above I called the 1629 Grammy number today only to discover that it goes through to the same CTH call centre. Having held on for over 90 minutes I hung up.

There is clearly no chance whatsoever that all CTH cable and Grammy customers will receive the new box by the cut off date in February which is going to leave a lot of unimpressed premier league fans to say the very least!

I'm in Phuket and was also told that my CTH cable would stop on 12th November. I got an SMS telling me about the satellite option so called them. It took about a month for the 2 CTH boxes to arrive - two boxes because I was paying for two TVs on the cable system. I was told each box would have 2 months free.

The satellite installer installed the dish before the boxes arrived. He installed only one cable - I didn't realise I would be getting two separate boxes. So he had to come back to change the LNB to a dual-port one and plumb in another cable. rolleyes.gif

The good news was that when he tried to get the second box registered at CTH (took 30 minutes for the helpline call to be answered) he said he was told that one box was 2 months free, the other was one year free. Woop-dee-doo.

But now the 2 months has expired on one box so it has only the crap free channels. I swapped the boxes over, putting the working one in the main room.

I have tried twice to sign up for the channels that disappeared from the expired box. I gave up waiting twice. 20 minutes is far too long. Before all this sh*t occurred I could get through easily. I can't even remember what channels were on the "Z-Pay TV" list, but I want them back too.

To be honest, I'm not really that bothered about CTH, because I have True too. I might forget about the EPL and chuck the CTH boxes in the bin. But I hope True do a deal with BeIN to show EPL, as True's box, remote and software is so superior to the garbage that passes for the CTH system.

z-pay tv.will all be cut OFF 6th feb.the zbox will only pick up the free channels through psi dish.z-pay tv.will no longer be.

We were called today by CTH. They informed us that we will receive a new box "very soon" (!) and we would be getting 4 months free tv channels. Really? When we originally (and finally!) managed to get through to them a while back, we were promised one year's free tv. Later on, the wife looked at their website, where our "package deal" would give us 8 months free tv when the new box arrived. blink.png

The wife commented on this to the CTH rep - and the answer was that they were "losing money" on free channel deals.

Okay - then we'll wait for the replacement box to arrive and then throw it in the nearest cupboard. I sure ain't paying a guy to fix up a KU dish just for a max of 4 months of free viewing. bah.gif

The wife also asked about the GMM cut date - the answer was on 6th February the pay channels would be cut.

Yup - business practice at its best! whistling.gif

Anyone received a replacement box yet? coffee1.gif

I suppose "very soon" could mean anything, its not possible for them to give a date as usual.

In answer to your question expect a long list of posts saying NO

Do these boxes really exist?

I think there will be a meltdown of the call centre post 6th February if they cut off the PAID for channels, not going to be a pleasant experience for the front line call staff!

I suppose "very soon" could mean anything, its not possible for them to give a date as usual.

In answer to your question expect a long list of posts saying NO

Do these boxes really exist?

I think there will be a meltdown of the call centre post 6th February if they cut off the PAID for channels, not going to be a pleasant experience for the front line call staff!

No box here. I can't see how they can replace 180,000 odd boxes when it appears none at all have been sent out yet. I also can't see how they can pay for all these new boxes, plus give what seems to be a randomly changing amount of free /compensation time on pay packages to make up for what they have basically stolen from people who have pre-paid, and then cope with the loss of revenue from all the people like me, who won't trust CTH in future and will just dump them (if and when a box ever arrives), after I've used up whatever compensation time they give.

Plus I know this is Thailand , but surely someone will try to get their money back for all this mis-selling.

z-pay tv.will all be cut OFF 6th feb.the zbox will only pick up the free channels through psi dish.z-pay tv.will no longer be.

Can someone list the Z-Pay TV channels, because I can't remember which ones they were/are and I want to see if I still get them now, and after Feb 6th.

Can someone list the Z-Pay TV channels, because I can't remember which ones they were/are and I want to see if I still get them now, and after Feb 6th.

as you will no longer be able to get any signal of any z-pay tv.channels after or on sat.6th.you wont get any.your satellite will only pick up the free channels.

just a thought,as we are treated as if we were scum here in thailand,are there any thais that has received any better treatment from gmmz or cth.

or are we at the bottom of the sewers with a 10ton boulder on top of our promises.

As I stated our call/registration 3 weeks ago was by/for a Thai (before we knew of changes) - just to start new one year service on new box - promise of new replacement box and subscription - nothing received or any further contact to date.

But suspect most Thai users do not subscribe to pay service - which is probably why they were losing so much money - most just got the free channels and the Nat Geo Wild which they offered free to attract customers/box buyers. It appears that free offering was about all that most Thai wanted so they announced it was going to be pay service only before total meltdown of all pay service going to CTH.

That said expect there will be a lot of upset people next week; but they likely hope New Year activities will keep it low key and they will not be in the office to hear it.

You may be onto something there regarding the Chinese New Year, maybe they are cleverer than we thought and picked this termination date for a reason. A bit like them cancelling the direct telephone line and making us use 1619 and 1629 which probably makes them money.

as you will no longer be able to get any signal of any z-pay tv.channels after or on sat.6th.you wont get any.your satellite will only pick up the free channels.

just a thought,as we are treated as if we were scum here in thailand,are there any thais that has received any better treatment from gmmz or cth.

or are we at the bottom of the sewers with a 10ton boulder on top of our promises.

post-35489-0-25090000-1454643620_thumb.j

As I stated our call/registration 3 weeks ago was by/for a Thai (before we knew of changes) - just to start new one year service on new box - promise of new replacement box and subscription - nothing received or any further contact to date.

But suspect most Thai users do not subscribe to pay service - which is probably why they were losing so much money - most just got the free channels and the Nat Geo Wild which they offered free to attract customers/box buyers. It appears that free offering was about all that most Thai wanted so they announced it was going to be pay service only before total meltdown of all pay service going to CTH.

That said expect there will be a lot of upset people next week; but they likely hope New Year activities will keep it low key and they will not be in the office to hear it.

there will be a few more on march 1st.when all the EPL goes OFF.

anybody seen any comment from NBTC.THAILAND.

Yes there was something in the other paper this week saying that they would consider at their meeting on Monday 8 February asking GMM to help their affected customers.

I'm not optimistic but there may be just a chance something may happen next week but I'll believe you when I see it because by then we'll all be cut off.