Reticulated python bites Chinese woman's nose at Phuket snake show

webfact

VIDEO: Reticulated python bites Chinese woman's nose at Phuket snake show
Darawan Naknakhon

1452399982_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: -- A 29-year-old Chinese tourist is recovering at an undisclosed Phuket hotel after she was bitten on her nose by a reticulated python at a snake show tourism attraction in Chalong on the south of the island.

The incident reportedly happened at noon on January 9, at an unnamed "animal park", located next to the Phuket zoo on Soi Palai in Chalong.

The incident was captured on video clip, and the bite victim, named as Ms Jin Jing, was transported to Phuket International Hospital in Phuket Town (Sirirot Hospital) where she recieved treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo-kzr0Kgiw

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/video-reticulated-python-bites-chinese-woman-nose-at-phuket-snake-show-55728.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-11

Snake show company to compensate Chinese tourist who got bit on nose by python

Eakkapop Thongtub

1452416787_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- The Chinese tourist who was bitten on her nose on January 9 by a reticulated python after a failed kiss attempt at a Phuket snake show, will be compensated for her medical bills, pain and stress in the amount of B120,000 (US$3,300), a representative of the 'snake show' has confirmed.

The compensation amount was confirmed this afternoon by a represenative of the Pa-wai Odski [transliterated] company who operates a "snake charming and venom collection show" in Chalong's Moo 2.

A video clip and selfie of the incident, which occurred midday on January 9, quickly went viral on social media, prompting mixed reactions.

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-11

Idiots. Both the tourist and the snake handler. The handler clearly nods his head that it is ok to kiss a freegin snake. I hope the snake is ok and did not get squeezed too hard while pulling it away from the <deleted>. coffee1.gif

Edited by ubonjoe

Idiots. Both the tourist and the snake handler. The handler clearly nods his head that it is ok to kiss a freegin snake. I hope the snake is ok and did not get squeezed too hard while pulling it away from the <deleted>. coffee1.gif

Exactly - who in their right mind would want to kiss a snake.

The incident reportedly happened at noon on January 9, at an unnamed "animal park", located next to the Phuket zoo on Soi Palai in Chalong.

Strange that it is un named but then goes on to tell it's location? Who's the owner?.....

I lived in the country in Australia and removed several carpet pythons (not venomous) by hand from my house - and its usually risk free as mostly they are placid. But I was bitten on the hand by a young one once - so you can never tell when a wild creature (no matter how tame you think it is) will react in self defence. These carpet pythons have over 50 very sharp teeth pointing inwards to assist in swallowing their prey and its very painful making them let go. I am not sure about Thai pythons but I guess they are similar and this poor girl has obviously suffered and I am sure she wont do it again - neither should the snake show.

I lived in the country in Australia and removed several carpet pythons (not venomous) by hand from my house - and its usually risk free as mostly they are placid. But I was bitten on the hand by a young one once - so you can never tell when a wild creature (no matter how tame you think it is) will react in self defence. These carpet pythons have over 50 very sharp teeth pointing inwards to assist in swallowing their prey and its very painful making them let go. I am not sure about Thai pythons but I guess they are similar and this poor girl has obviously suffered and I am sure she wont do it again - neither should the snake show.

Thank-you for the helpful and informative posts. Too bad we don't have more TV members like you.

IMHO it seems the reaction of the snake was predictable.
The lady approached same height and quickly, if you watch a professional handler you notice they approach from above and slow.
it seems a snake will bite something similar size or in self defence, but not a being approaching as if it were a bigger snake.

Edited by KKr

Yes, Very true. Carpet snakes & other non venomous snakes can still cause severe problems. They may have no poison inasmuch, but rotten, decayed food particles in their mouth can cause infection to the wound & in some cases blood poisoning.

I wonder if the snake has been checked out by a vet after the bight ? Never know what it might have caught.

Cheers..... Mal.

Must have been a Burmese python. No Thai snake would do this.

Oh My G,.....this is so Good....great insight of the Thai mind...Love it....this made my day.....5555

Best regards,

Edited by off road pat

Great video. They use selfie sticks for showing how to slurp a noodle out of the bowl as well as showing a dead cockroach in amongst the main course. But when it comes to wild animals they go close and intimate - snake must have gotten irritated by the smell of garlic. Poor thing. Next time I would dress the wriggler up as a hissing cobra. Should keep them out of the pram. Back to Beijing with a good story.

Bon voyage