Thai flag to fly the highest atop record-shattering pole

webfact

Invest in the highest flag pole is quite smart.

He uses his own money, so nobody can say anything about it.

It will make him look quite good in the society. His company will gain reputation.

The flag pole will attract many visitors.

The area directly around the flag pole can be used to open new businesses.

The price of the land will increase.

Smart guy :)

(Certainly smarter than those who quickly jump on this story to say that it is a silly idea).

Edited by gerry1011

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if they have considered maintenance of the structure plus the cost of flags for it. Hope there is suitable wind (likely) at that altitude where the flag will be.

Seems like plenty of wind at ground level, or perhaps it's hot air !!!!!!

No they already thought of everything. To minimise damage from wind, the new flagpole is going to be made of Thai Rubber.

It will make him look quite good in the society. His company will gain reputation.

Smart guy smile.png

(Certainly smarter than those who quickly jump on this story to say that it is a silly idea).

If he has this money to BURN, and is a decent man who doesn't care about the odd millions, give it to good causes, he then will be better thought of and be more admired for his deeds

Smart guy smile.png

If he has this money to BURN, and is a decent man who doesn't care about the odd millions, give it to good causes, he then will be better thought of and be more admired for his deeds

Well, apparently not on this forum...

He says that he does it to unite the people, for the Nation, the Religion and the Monarchy, with his own money, without asking for donations, ... but still immediately gets the usual critics of thaivisa posters.

On my side, I wish him all the best and hope he gets lots and lots of return on his investment.

Before he decided to spend a quarter of a billion bht on a flag pole I wonder if he considered how far that money would have gone improving the lives of people far less fortunate than he is?

So besides rice and water and a roof you give all the rest of your money to the poor? Let's give this poster a big applause!

Before he decided to spend a quarter of a billion bht on a flag pole I wonder if he considered how far that money would have gone improving the lives of people far less fortunate than he is?

So besides rice and water and a roof you give all the rest of your money to the poor? Let's give this poster a big applause!

No I don't but I make donations to a couple of local schools to help the kids here and contribute to a couple of charities too.

I'm not talking about giving all of your money away but simply pointing out there are far better ways to spend your money and much worthier and deserving causes than a flag pole erected in the middle of a field.

Why don't you read up about the Bill Gates Foundation to see how money can be used to genuinely improve society.

Smart guy smile.png

He says that he does it to unite the people, for the Nation, the Religion and the Monarchy, with his own money, without asking for donations, ... but still immediately gets the usual critics of thaivisa posters.

On my side, I wish him all the best and hope he gets lots and lots of return on his investment

One cannot blame people for their cynicism, Thailand is replete with politically ambitious individuals, who know that you cannot go far wrong if you are rich, chant the mantra of the "trinity", and:

Wrap yourself in the flag - Idiom Definition - UsingEnglish.com

But then they are no more cynical than you, as you also attribute a base motive to his action, thus labeling him a dissembler.

Edited by Enoon

Smart guy smile.png

On my side, I wish him all the best and hope he gets lots and lots of return on his investment.

Your post is so stupid that it has actually made me agree with ginjag.

The community would feel a lot more united with new schools, hospitals, community centers than it would with a massive flag pole.

Christ almighty.

Smart guy smile.png

Your post is so stupid that it has actually made me agree with ginjag.

The community would feel a lot more united with new schools, hospitals, community centers than it would with a massive flag pole.

Christ almighty.

I don't mind you to label my post "s....d" (my good education prohibits me to use these words).

Also not sure if Thais feel united in hospitals or even schools. But to everybody his own opinion.

It is still a bright idea to increase the price of the land and create value, in my own view.

Farang teachers may think otherwise, of course :)

But since it is his money... why should anyone care?

The local community will certainly appreciate the jobs this flag will create. But that is of no importance to many on here it seems...

Edited by gerry1011

"Although Trin said his company will foot the entire 250 million-baht bill, private and state sectors are welcome to contribute.

“As for money, we are ready, but if someone else wants to join the construction, they can either meet with the [Chiang Rai] governor, or submit forms to our office,” Trin said. “But we are not fundraising this. We are not setting up donation boxes … we are not extorting anyone.”

Nevertheless, other companies or agencies that want to organize fundraising for the Thai flag project are welcomed to do so on their own, he added.

“We will look at their intention. If they support the Nation, the Religion and the Monarchy, we will allow them to donate. If their intention isn’t clear, then we won’t,” Trin explained."

Will a couple of young lasses be swinging from it?

Another good use of public funds. blink.png

It is private funds.

You should read before to write depressing posts...

I'd find out what "business" this "businessman" is in before you try and make blanket statements like that.

w00t.gif

I don't mind you to label my post "s....d" (my good education prohibits me to use these words).

Also not sure if Thais feel united in hospitals or even schools. But to everybody his own opinion.

It is still a bright idea to increase the price of the land and create value, in my own view.

Farang teachers may think otherwise, of course smile.png

The local community will certainly appreciate the jobs this flag will create. But that is of no importance to many on here it seems...

Hey guys what would you rather have? Some new schools, hospitals, parks, community centers etc or a massive, pointless, flagpole?

The flagpole is good for stroking his ego only.

Farang teachers may think otherwise, of course smile.png

Hey guys what would you rather have? Some new schools, hospitals, parks, community centers etc or a massive, pointless, flagpole?

The flagpole is good for stroking his ego only.

I defenitely go for the flag pole :)