The world’s first levitating cinematic theatre complex to open in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

The world’s first levitating cinematic theatre complex to open in Pattaya

post-137452-0-59930600-1453531206_thumb.

PATTAYA:-- A new state of the art cinematic theatre complex is set to open in Pattaya.

The D’Luck Cinematic Theater will be the world’s first levitating theatre, claim its designers the A49 architecture company.

The ambitious project, which will be located on Thepprasith Rd in Nong Prue, will be set over 10 rai and will feature a 1,400 capacity theatre, measuring 10,000 sqm.

The theatre will include the very latest in cinematic and theatrical technology including a CGI projectection screen, which is three times the size of a regular IMAX screen and expected to be the biggest in Southeast Asia.

More than 1 billion Baht is being invested in the project by Thai based startup Panjaluck Pasuk Co, a company setup several years ago by a group of Thai film directors and investors.

Since 2014, the company has sourced 500 million Baht via crowdfunding and other investments and is expect to raise a further 500 million Baht via bank loans, as well as via new sponsorship and commercial partnerships.

Targeting Thai nationals, foreign tourists and expats, The D’Luck Cinematic Theater will launch with its debut show titled KAAN, which is said to be inspired by famous Thai literature and will include stunning special effects and Cirque de Soleil style performances.

Tickets will cost between 2,000 THB and 3,000 THB.

Similar projects are planned in other locations in Thailand including Chiang Mai, Phuket and Bangkok.

tvn.png
-- 2016-01-23

"including a CGI projectection screen, which is three times the size of a regular IMAX screen and expected to be the biggest in Southeast Asia."

three times the size or three times the RESOLUTION of IMAX? Big difference.

2,000 baht a ticket it better be both.

I wonder when they will be opening the Centrifugal Bumble-Puppy considering that soma will be illegal for some time to come, and yet they have now come within striking distance of opening Feelies. Gotta keep the masses distracted.

Edited by connda

Yeah and I don't even know what it is but it sounds shit, like 3D the best way to spoil a good film

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So much wisdom in such a short sentence!!! Does 3D suck? Yes, it does - BIG TIME!!! Even our young ones hate those stupid shades and complain about headache after the flick...

So now we have a levitating cinema, what 4D? 5D? with supersonic sound, onion sap and microscopic tranquilizer darts being shot into your iris to enhance the "realistic touch and feel of an out of this world experience"???

I never seize to wonder how it comes that so much money is invested in useless and unnecessary things, while still small children die on the streets of this world of hunger and/or abuse, without the chance to access clean water, education, etc... School kids getting shot in the head or are bombed away in the separatist south of Thailand... Why not invest there to stop the mayhmen? But what do we do? We build a f%$#&ing 1 billion Baht levitating cyber circus... It sickens me!!!!

Edited by MockingJay

Yeah and I don't even know what it is but it sounds shit, like 3D the best way to spoil a good film

So much wisdom in such a short sentence!!! Does 3D suck? Yes, it does - BIG TIME!!! Even our young ones hate those stupid shades and complain about headache after the flick...

So now we have a levitating cinema, what 4D? 5D? with supersonic sound and microscopic tranquilizer darts being shot into your iris to enhance the "realistic touch and feel of an out of this world experience"???

I never seize to wonder how it comes that so much money is invested in useless and unnecessary things, while still small children die on the streets of this world of hunger and/or abuse, without the chance to get clean water, education, etc... School kids get shot in the head or bombed away in the separatist south of Thailand, why not invest there to stop the mayhmen? But what do we do? We build a f%$#&ing 1 billion Baht levitating cyber circus... It sickens me!!!!

Wow no one has ever said that about me before I wish my mum was still alive lol I most be getting wise at 40

Edited by juice777

Wonder what the popcorn will be alike in an overkill cinema like this... Perhaps they levitate too, perhaps they are even alive and walk themselves into your mouth on command... Sorry, but this "project" is too much for me to bear, how stupid it sounds, what a waste sad.png

Edited by MockingJay

Wonder what the popcorn will be alike in an overkill cinema like this... Perhaps they levitate too, perhaps they are even alive and walk themselves into your mouth on command... Sorry, but this "project" is too much for me to bear, how stupid it sounds, what a waste

Excuse my ignorance guys but can somebody please explain to an oldie what a levitating cinema is.I know what levitating means but in this context "what levitates and why???"coffee1.gif

Wonder what the popcorn will be alike in an overkill cinema like this... Perhaps they levitate too, perhaps they are even alive and walk themselves into your mouth on command... Sorry, but this "project" is too much for me to bear, how stupid it sounds, what a waste

Excuse my ignorance guys but can somebody please explain to an oldie what a levitating cinema is.I know what levitating means but in this context "what levitates and why???"coffee1.gif

Your not the only one I don't get it 2

I think they mean they painted trees on the three supporting walls, and call the screen 'floating'

I also have no idea what a levitated theater would be

and I have a concern , would it not float away on a windy day?

Edited by sirineou

Was back home for the holidays. Went to see Star Wars. Wife and kids $125 with a popcorn and drink each. The movie screen was not much bigger than a big screen TV. Floor so covered in crap I thought I would never unstick my shoes. Seat was a only marginally better than a park bench. Unquestionably, Thailand movie theaters are the best user experience available anywhere at a megliable cost. One of the many perks of living in Thailand.