Thailand Post - problems sending to U.K.?

dlm5star

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, amjamj said:

UK is ok now, 10 or 15 days maximum.

But Australia and Canada are the biggest pain in the axx ! More than 1 month...

I sent a small parcel (registered post) to Melbourne Australia on Jan 7, it was delivered yesterday.

Luck of the draw I guess.

• 5 months later...

We've been shipping registered international (small packet) from Thailand to all over the world for 10 years and generally it is good, reliable and trackable (but not always trackable online - eg Australia). The tracking numbers usually start with RR.

However the one country where we nowadays have MAJOR delay is CANADA. Our registered parcels to Canada have been taking typically 55-60 days to arrive, and Canada has no tracking (not even when you call them) there is NO confirmation of delivery, and they have NO customer service - they basically won't talk to us.

It has become unworkable to use registered mail to this country and we don't know why.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found any better postal solution to canada?

is ThaiPost still using Finn Air ?

and are they also using it for the USA ?

it seems packages are now going BKK - New york area US Customs - final destination

before it was much quicker when it went to the West Coast,

And can anyone confirm if the Post Office  shipping containers are sent from BKK airport daily , weekly or ????

when we send something to Japan its pretty quick :)

As of last week, they're still using Finn air (I checked).

U.K. was running slow during early-mid June (probably extra checks due to the Manchester /London "incidents"). Seems back to normal now after a slight backlog.

U.S.A. seems to have been pretty slow for a few months. I heard there was  some processing issues recently due to equipment faults.. Not sure if it's resolved.

Australia seems OK (although it's always a pain due to the tracking never showing on any system). One of the few countries that things don't show. Ridiculous for 2017.

Canada. Stopped posting there a while back as it was top much hassle.  But hear it's still bad now.